Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Escape From Noise posted:

Probably time to delete Tinder again.

It's been like a day. Are you sure? Have you thought about Gindr?

E:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I saw a 33lb turkey at the butcher today

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I saw a 33lb turkey at the butcher today

no such thing as a 33 pound turkey, that butcher was trying to sell some ostrich they couldn't move

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

TIP posted:

no such thing as a 33 pound turkey, that butcher was trying to sell some ostrich they couldn't move

Dude it was real fuckin big. $88 which I guess isn’t bad to feed like 30 people

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Dude it was real fuckin big. $88 which I guess isn’t bad to feed like 30 people

People probably don't want to eat an ostrich anyway

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Yeah. I'm aware.

Isn’t it amazing that normal humans are just discovering you should only get draft sometimes

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

nice obelisk idiot posted:

yeah AI is great for making something too stupid to actually bother making

A song in the style of Pitbull about my wife divorcing me because of my Funko Pop collection:
https://i.imgur.com/MnfHoSI.mp4

This loving owns lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

Isn’t it amazing that normal humans are just discovering you should only get draft sometimes

I clean my kegerator lines when I change the keg, but sometimes that’s a month or three

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I clean my kegerator lines when I change the keg, but sometimes that’s a month or three

:yikeseroo:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

It's been like a day. Are you sure? Have you thought about Gindr?

E:

It's been about a week. It's not that I am expecting to have several dates by now but more than one match that only responds a few times might make it feel like progress? I dunno. Same old pattern.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 18, 2023

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

HELLO TUTU I LOVE YOU :3:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

At the cleaning schedule or that it takes three months to get through a keg?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The cleaning schedule. I'm joking. Really Serious places do it weekly. I guess the minimum is 3-4 weeks, but for personal use or whatever it probably doesn't matter a ton. I was just kidding.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If your not drinking it disconnect and flush. You might consider switching to picnic taps that can be removed, cleaned and stored super easily and reattached super easily

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Or invite friends over to help drink it :)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

If your not drinking it disconnect and flush. You might consider switching to picnic taps that can be removed, cleaned and stored super easily and reattached super easily

Yeah this is the slow time of year for kegerator use. We do a bunch of stuff for St Pats and spring/summer cookouts so it gets regular keg rotation and cleaning then but September through February it’s just my wife and I occasionally grabbing a pint.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

They should sell carbonated water in kegs, or something. Easier to justify having one.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

They should sell carbonated water in kegs, or something. Easier to justify having one.

At that point if you have a kegerator setup you can just make your own carbonated water pretty much.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: so pretty!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Big Cat NRG

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I have two taps and one is set up for nitro for Guinness. I’ve been thinking about setting it up for draft cold brew coffee.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

90's Matchup: Moby V Fatboy Slim

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

Feat. Crystal Method

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Feat. Crystal Method

Find My Baby

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

redshirt posted:

Didn't Moby turn out to be a sex pest or at least a creep? I think Norman might still be ok

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Didn't Moby turn out to be a sex pest or at least a creep? I think Norman might still be ok

Yeah he's got all kinds of stuff. Is that how you will judge their 90's oeuvre?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

So you're saying Moby's a dick?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So you're saying Moby's a dick?

WHALE PORTSIDE!!!!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKPzKm3JdD8

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Only "controversy" I can find about the Fatboy Slim guy (other than I find his music annoying)
https://www.mtv.com/news/rkm727/fatboy-slim-accused-of-sampling-sample

I remember reading that Negativland would have cleared the sample for free as they've done before because they're huge open use advocates and never cleared any of their samples. They joked about being mad that he then sold the song to Coca Cola when it should have been Pepsi. Which is a joke about an album they made using mostly samples from Pepsi commercials.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

redshirt posted:

Yeah he's got all kinds of stuff. Is that how you will judge their 90's oeuvre?

I mean I listened to the poo poo out of both of them in the late 90s. My sister made me a cassette copy of you've come a long way baby that I listened to like every single day while I was walking to my high school job at safeway. I liked Moby too.

I think I've said it before in this thread, if we gave up movies or music or books because they were made by lovely people/under exploitative circumstances, we wouldn't be able to watch or listen to or read anything. Because humans kinda suck but they sometimes create good things.

It sucks but what are you gonna do.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Moby is a weirdo, I think maybe a sexpest? I can’t remember but it’s on da webs. Fatboy Slim has sold out a million times but he still throws down amazingly fun sets, and he’s teaching his daughter to DJ, did a ton of livestreams with her during the pandemic

Feat. Crystal Method

And these guys have ruined their career due to addiction and ego (seems to be very intertwined for them) but have kind of landed in the low to mid tier, which is a decent living that covers your travel. Seems mostly cleaned up these days

Weeeeee I know way too much about 90s and 00s electronic bands

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i'm old enough to remember when fatboy slim was just "norman from the housemartins"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehfiQd7lcPY

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i got caught in a youtube loop and now it's Elderly Goth Saturday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWz0JC7afNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuezNswtRfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsOHvP1XnRg

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good stuff!

These links reminded me how awesome music videos used to be. Once they caught on, people put some real effort into them. Little 4 minute movies.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I was listening to a podcast about Idle Hands (1999) and thought about your name :v:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

Find My Baby

Guest w/ The Chemical Bros

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

The 5000 page thread: it's Elderly Goth Saturday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014