Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I mean, it's happening through EVs automatically.

The vast, vast majority of EVs are not automatics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Antigravitas posted:

Victoria just got a patch that seems to be really well received.

Also, I have never even owned a car, and never will.

Germany has an extremely dense rail network and I pay 17€ per month for a pass that is valid in all regional transport in the entire country, including ferries and buses.

I know. I was making a joke that there is nothing fun to do in Germany except drive a car. I was also making a joke that Germans love watching My Little Pony.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

its a lot harder to have 1000 cars whereas your shoddly constructed mcmansion on a old pig waste landfill can easily hold 1000 guns

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I know. I was making a joke that there is nothing fun to do in Germany except drive a car. I was also making a joke that Germans love watching My Little Pony.

What's a "joke"?

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Antigravitas posted:

What's a "joke"?

An Anglo-Saxon eccentricity and the source of their degeneracy.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Gott strafe es.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

I rented a bike, went to the Brandenburg Gate, ate a big pretzel, and spoke to a nice man who tried to sell me MDMA in the bathroom of a nightclub.

Would give Germany a 7/10.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Do Germans love My Little Pony, though

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

https://furscience.com/research-findings/appendix-1-previous-research/summer-2020/

Adjusting for population, it seems that the Canada is the most degenerate, followed by you perfidious Northern Europeans.

Heat map speaks another story. That Germany is the most depraved and degenerate.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/2xjv3e/heat_map_of_furries_worldwide_oc/

quote:

From fuhrer to furries in a lifetime.

Ferdinand the Bull fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 17, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

steinrokkan posted:

Do Germans love My Little Pony, though

I saw no evidence of it when I was there.

They did seem to enjoy eating raw pork and beef and not having handles on their toilets for flushing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I did see MULTIPLE people eating hamburgers and pizza with a knife and fork, which was enough to write off the entire German people as too far gone to be saved.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They did seem to enjoy eating raw pork and beef and not having handles on their toilets for flushing.
Another map where Portugal is not Western Europe (because they don't wipe pee on each other all day)

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

If they'd put that on a bus I'd have voted leave. Keep those Italians and Dutch away from me.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I am pretty sure the English are lying, as always.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Tree Goat posted:

only car i wanna hear about in the maps thread has a population of 5.5 million people and is in the midst of a decade-long complex and heartbreaking civil war

Chrysler?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You'd expect most people to say they wash their hands even if they don't. The absolute pride of the Dutch in how they don't wash is surprising.

The only major detail I know about European bathroom hygiene is that Germany has a tradition of poop-shelf toilets that are either designed to help you inspect your stool after pooping or because they're worried about splashback from pooping directly into the water instead of onto a surface where the poo poo can smear and stick to and emit more scent into the air before flushing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You gotta have a Scheißschaber to clean it, and a Scheißschaberscheibe to clean that.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

How ironic that the Germans have over 200 words for "toilet brush" and yet do not have a word for "snow."

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

burnishedfume posted:

:actually: the city of Bareclona and Hannibal Barca's family name may have a similar origin according to some theories on where the city got its name. https://web.archive.org/web/20140409161819/http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=Barcelona

Worth noting though that as impressive as Hamiclar's campaigns were in Iberia, I don't think he ever quite made it there. The idea that Barcelona gets its name from either Barca is extremely unlikely

Translation: "Carthaginian presence before the first Punic War"/"Carthaginian conquest under Hamiclar Barca"/"Carthaginian conquest under Hannibal Barca between 220 and 219 BC"

I first thought this was a case of the Mandela effect when I saw you wrote 'Hamlicar', but it turns out my memory was right: his name was Hamilcar, not Hamiclar.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I first thought this was a case of the Mandela effect when I saw you wrote 'Hamlicar', but it turns out my memory was right: his name was Hamilcar, not Hamiclar.

I think you mean the Mengele effect.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

How ironic that the Germans have over 200 words for "toilet brush" and yet do not have a word for "snow."

:wrong: Himmelscheiße, Wolkenstrull, Darüberkotze, etc (depending on seasons ofc)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I did see MULTIPLE people eating hamburgers and pizza with a knife and fork, which was enough to write off the entire German people as too far gone to be saved.

Sorry you saw people eating correctly my man

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sorry you saw people eating correctly my man

If your pizza requires a fork and knife to eat, then you have accidentally made casserole.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Pasco posted:

The vast, vast majority of EVs are not automatics.

What? EVs are almost exclusively automatics. You have to go way out of your way to find an EV with a manual gear shifter. They exist, god knows why, but they’re not remotely common. When I rented that hybrid Fiat in like 2021 I think it was the first hybrid electric that used a manual shifter, if I remember right, since I was so surprised when I picked it up.

EV means electric vehicle, a battery powered electric engine car, in case you’re thinking of some other acronym that happens to use EV.

E: also most automatic cars do let you downshift to do engine braking. I’ve almost never seen anyone -use- that feature but every car I’ve owned and most that I can remember renting has an ability to downshift. I did not actually know why or what that was for until after I drove manual, but it’s definitely there on many / most automatics.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 17, 2023

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

If your pizza requires a fork and knife to eat, then you have accidentally made casserole.

A pizza by any other name would taste as good.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Just because it's technically possible to eat with your hands doesn't mean we have to lower ourselves to the level of animals. The Germans are alright.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Judgy Fucker posted:

A pizza by any other name would taste as good.

Chicago-style Deep Dish Casserole is very delicious.

But, we live in a society. It's not pizza.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Carthag Tuek posted:

:wrong: Himmelscheiße, Wolkenstrull, Darüberkotze, etc (depending on seasons ofc)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomchivers/no-the-inuit-dont-have-100-words-for-snow

Saladman posted:

What? EVs are almost exclusively automatics. You have to go way out of your way to find an EV with a manual gear shifter. They exist, god knows why, but they’re not remotely common. When I rented that hybrid Fiat in like 2021 I think it was the first hybrid electric that used a manual shifter, if I remember right, since I was so surprised when I picked it up.

EV means electric vehicle, a battery powered electric engine car, in case you’re thinking of some other acronym that happens to use EV.

E: also most automatic cars do let you downshift to do engine braking. I’ve almost never seen anyone -use- that feature but every car I’ve owned and most that I can remember renting has an ability to downshift. I did not actually know why or what that was for until after I drove manual, but it’s definitely there on many / most automatics.

I thought he was making a very specific joke about the fact that EV transmissions don't have multiple gears, so they technically aren't automatically shifting gears.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yes i know, also im saying german has multiple words for snow

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

No, you eat a nice, thin, crunchy pizza with a knife and fork. I really need to go to bed but imagine 12 more posts because this one internet hill that I am ready to die upon

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Another map where Portugal is not Western Europe (because they don't wipe pee on each other all day)

Automatically washing your hands sounds fancy. I always just manually wash them

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

distortion park posted:

colour scheme should be the other way around imo

From my colourblind perspective it looks like both lots and few cars are bad and middling numbers are good.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

No, you eat a nice, thin, crunchy pizza with a knife and fork. I really need to go to bed but imagine 12 more posts because this one internet hill that I am ready to die upon

No, unless youre in Naples, which you arent because you know how to use a computer, you fold the slice in half and eat it like an adult.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SlothfulCobra posted:

You'd expect most people to say they wash their hands even if they don't. The absolute pride of the Dutch in how they don't wash is surprising.
IIRC, the last time I saw the topic come up, the inference from other stats is that 20% of Dutch people also do not wash their hands after taking a poo poo.

Wipfmetz posted:

I really should give Victoria 3 another try.
Do like me and take advantage of it being free on Steam this weekend.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

you fold the slice in half and eat it like an adult.
The gently caress you just say??

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The gently caress you just say??

i just roll it up like a big dürüm cause its already got kebab on it

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I had Victoria 3 on my Steam wishlist for a while, but I eventually removed it because it had such bad reviews. Don't know why it was so poorly received or what they changed in this latest update. Anyway, Victoria: Revolutions (also known as Ricky) will always be my favorite.

Such fond memories of that royalty-free classical soundtrack

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

I had Victoria 3 on my Steam wishlist for a while, but I eventually removed it because it had such bad reviews. Don't know why it was so poorly received or what they changed in this latest update. Anyway, Victoria: Revolutions (also known as Ricky) will always be my favorite.

Such fond memories of that royalty-free classical soundtrack

this is still the only one of the three that i've played. it took me months to fully understand everything but it rules

gj winning the war against mexico

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

No, unless youre in Naples, which you arent because you know how to use a computer, you fold the slice in half and eat it like an adult.

how do you get slices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i thought this was the smartest thread on the forums and then you all just sprang out with crazy ways to eat pizza and...i don't know.

it's very easy to eat a slice! neither fork nor knife should be involved, unless you're doing chicago deep dish. and even then it gets kind of handsy at points.

like, i cannot imagine eating a domino's slice with a fork and knife. no way, no how. you'd be rightfully crucified in ny for doing so with a standard ny slice. or even a huge one, like from koronet.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 18, 2023