Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Frank Frank posted:

Convoy assholes were already here. No idea if it was the same exact assholes but same flavor at least

You don’t need those carbon copies you can have the real deal!! They shut down the capital for weeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

nine-gear crow posted:

I loved when they tried to do that whole #WExit thing after Trudeau got elected the first time and they were like "So, BC... you're coming with us to sustain our uncontested coastline access for oil exports, right? ...Riiiight?" and BC was like "No. :fuckoff:"

Their next ploy will be to wedge the interior of B.C. off which does get pretty chuddy however even this will be hard due to the treaty system with a lot of large indigenous reservations in there.

Even our conservative provincial parties in B.C. are neolibs at worst!

I’ve lived in Alberta and there are some lovely people there but god drat they just elect the biggest shitheads.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

111723_2 posted:

:hmmyes:

definitely not the billions of bots all over the globe

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

nine-gear crow posted:

Even worse, Albert'a plan to privatize its retirement pension program involves literally stealing 50% of the Canada Pension Plan's reserve all at once just for Alberta. Even the federal Conservatives are looking at Smith and going "walk out onto creaky ice floe, and then keep walking, bitch."

She wants 53%

She's not getting that.

If she thinks the rest of Canada will go along with that she's out of her mind.

Nor can she just make it happen.

Can you imagine if Canada had a UPP or PC Prime Minister, imagine how screwed things would get.

What? Oh, right. The guy who keeps refusing to have security clearance checks run on him, has family ties to potential maifa in another country and has accomplished literally nothing in his 20 years of politics may be the next PM. Exciting. Only another two years of hearing about it.

Also he looks like Milhouse and wears fake pads underneath his clothing to look better than he actually is.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 18, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
thank you for doing this, it's exactly what i wanted to do but I'm on my phone

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
recently I've been trying out internet feeds for various rock radio stations to see if there any decent ones left, and it is absurd how much radio advertising the government of alberta and oil companies do in other provinces.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

we are all thinking it. thanks animal.

Stink Billyums posted:

recently I've been trying out internet feeds for various rock radio stations to see if there any decent ones left, and it is absurd how much radio advertising the government of alberta and oil companies do in other provinces.

https://www.internet-radio.com/ what I use sometimes. its all pretty middle of the road, if you really like a specific genre though, it may well not be there, but its worth poking around.

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 18, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

priznat posted:

Their next ploy will be to wedge the interior of B.C. off which does get pretty chuddy however even this will be hard due to the treaty system with a lot of large indigenous reservations in there.

Even our conservative provincial parties in B.C. are neolibs at worst!

I’ve lived in Alberta and there are some lovely people there but god drat they just elect the biggest shitheads.

Love to leverage my political capital to acquire a stretch of land that is sparsely populated, of little economic value, and now constantly on fire thanks to my own chief economic export.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Last Call posted:

She wants 53%

She's not getting that.

Can you imagine if Canada had a UPP or PC Prime Minister, imagine how screwed things would get.

What? Oh, right. The guy who keeps refusing to have security clearance checks run on him, has family ties to potential maifa in another country and has accomplished literally nothing in his 20 years of politics may be the next PM. Exciting. Only another two years of hearing about it.

loving hell I hate PP. That recent interview he did to dunk on the ill prepared reporter is a litmus test for me. If anyone thinks PP looks good in that exchange, it shows they are a garbage person.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

lol I love court sketches

whats with the 3rd arm sleeve?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

priznat posted:

loving hell I hate PP. That recent interview he did to dunk on the ill prepared reporter is a litmus test for me. If anyone thinks PP looks good in that exchange, it shows they are a garbage person.

PP is such a slimy little poo poo, doesn't help Harper is in the background helping to steer things. Even if people are tired of Trudeau I'm a bit shocked they think he's the guy to improve things.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

PhazonLink posted:

oh god has AI replaced courtroom sketch artists?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Last Call posted:

She wants 53%

She's not getting that.

Also he looks like Milhouse and wears fake pads underneath his clothing to look better than he actually is.

God, leave to Canada to finally serve up Our Trump and have him be a boring motherfucker who can hide his crimes in his mash potato-ness instead of some loud firecracker blatant crime fuckface like Kevin O'Leary so we're just gonna sleepwalk into a shitshow because people are tired of Trudeau.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

PhazonLink posted:

He's secretly one of the lizard people.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I've felt pretty Gad Saad at times, but jeez dude.

mannerup posted:

lmao I was curious to see what the going rate is for tickets at AMFEST and uh...

why the gently caress are there multiple tiers for minors depending on their age/school status and for parents bringing a minor

lmao that you arbitrarily have to pay $50 extra if you're in the 35-65 range

Lowparts
Dec 23, 2015

loving art
:master:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

:lol: :lmao: :hmbol:

Okay, I needed a minute after that.

staberind posted:

https://www.internet-radio.com/ what I use sometimes. its all pretty middle of the road, if you really like a specific genre though, it may well not be there, but its worth poking around.

Here's a site I love, https://radio.garden/ It's a globe with little green dots for every radio station with a live stream. There's some amazing poo poo on here. I've been using it to help decide vacation destinations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

mllaneza posted:

Here's a site I love, https://radio.garden/ It's a globe with little green dots for every radio station with a live stream. There's some amazing poo poo on here. I've been using it to help decide vacation destinations.

this is really fuckin cool!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kazil posted:

lmao this is what i get for using cbs as a source. they censor the good poo poo

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

mannerup posted:

lmao I was curious to see what the going rate is for tickets at AMFEST and uh...

why the gently caress are there multiple tiers for minors depending on their age/school status and for parents bringing a minor

Imagine being the minor that was dragged to one of these things by your parents.

"Allright little Timmy. Put down your homework, it's time to go to the convention centre where we get to sit in our seats and listen to boring people you've never heard of in suits and ties tell us why the Finding Nemo DVD we watched last night is turning you into a gay satanist for 8 hours. And it cost me an extra $60 for them to allow me to bring you with me. On top of my own ticket.

What's that? You would rather stay home? How on earth did I raise such a woke cuck? I'd better sign you up for the extra sessions with Candace Owens and Steve Bannon."

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

staberind posted:

They dont have pissy smelling ball pits.
Just inflatable pools you can pay people to piss on you in.
Rosanne's the "hot flavourite" this year.
Don Jr's been eating a lot of strawberries in prep.

where's the pool that looks like it's adequately padded but is just all concrete under an inch of foam

can't let twitch beat you in negligence after all, that's a lib corporation god dammit

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

BrigadierSensible posted:

Imagine being the minor that was dragged to one of these things by your parents.

"Allright little Timmy. Put down your homework, it's time to go to the convention centre where we get to sit in our seats and listen to boring people you've never heard of in suits and ties tell us why the Finding Nemo DVD we watched last night is turning you into a gay satanist for 8 hours. And it cost me an extra $60 for them to allow me to bring you with me. On top of my own ticket.

What's that? You would rather stay home? How on earth did I raise such a woke cuck? I'd better sign you up for the extra sessions with Candace Owens and Steve Bannon."

I literally had this happen to me twice every year for 3 full-day long conventions every year for my entire childhood about how rap music is destroying the world and science is lying to all of us, etc. I just got dragged to them from the religious angle rather than the political angle.

They still wonder just HOW I could have simply left asap about 3 seconds after it struck midnight and I turned 18. What a mystery, eh.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
what...what order are they in?
least important to most?
most to least? alphabetical?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1725635964200972675

It's kinda sad that such crimes almost come off as small stuff nowadays.

oh hey the goon I knew is from there

he uh....shot himself while cleaning guns

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

InsertPotPun posted:

least important to most?

is Curbes Lurb more important than Cayden Aiden or Cramy Harb?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

redshirt posted:

Good to know ahead of time Jimmy Fullen is an idiot.

This is a helpful reminder in local races. If the house with the Trump sign also has "MCFOOLER FOR CONGRESS" on it as well, a safe assumption is MCFOOLER is an idiot too.

he won't stop laughing at his own jokes

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

InsertPotPun posted:

least important to most?
as somebody who knows every single name up there, it feels like the top row is the A-list top drawing speakers and 'celebrities', middle row the undercard of speakers and the bottom row are the elected officials, candidates, Mike Lindell and campaign staffers/surrogates

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

mllaneza posted:

holy poo poo bookmarked

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

kazil posted:

:lol:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Speaking of guns.....

Woman killed hours after Rio Rancho police respond to her home.

https://www.koat.com/article/rio-rancho-woman-killed-hours-after-police-response/45841340

RIO RANCHO, N.M. —

A law has been in place for police departments and law enforcement to remove firearms from anyone they think is an immediate threat to someone.

However, Target 7 has learned one of New Mexico's largest counties, Sandoval County, has never used it.

Some argue that 82-year-old Rio Rancho woman Juneanne Fannell would still be alive if it was used.

The Rio Rancho Police Department and Fire Department arrived at the home in April to find Fannell in a hospital bed. First responders were there after caretaker Henry Cardana called for emergency services.

Cardana told 911 that Fannell was uncontrollable and that they needed to get her out of the home for her own safety. Cardana had been the caretaker for Fannell for several years.

Fannell also spoke during the 911 call and said that she felt like she was in danger. She also said there were weapons in the home after the dispatcher asked.

Rio Rancho officers talk with Cardana about the firearms inside the home.

"You're a firearms guy?" an officer asked.

"Oh, yeah," Cardana said.

"Nice," the officer said.

"They're loaded. They're ready to go," Cardana said.

"We don't need to see them," the officer said. "There's one probably right there in that case. And I see another one over there."

The officer continued saying, "I like folks that have guns," since he is a gun owner himself. As the officers begin to say their goodbyes to Cardana and Fannell, she begs them to stay at the home.

Then, the conversation continues between Cardana and Fannell once the officers say they have to go.

"What did you say?" Fannell asked.

"I said you're fine until I kill you," Cardana said.

"All right? He's threatened to do that," Fannell said to the Rio Rancho police officers.

"Get out of here now," Cardana said to the officers. "Go away."

The two officers leave, and four hours later, 911 receives another call. This time from a neighbor.

"The neighbor man was screaming for help and told us to call the police," the neighbor said. "He says he's killed her."

Police returned to find Cardana covered in blood. He had just shot and killed Fannell, according to court documents. KOAT legal expert John Day says more could have been done.

The law is the extreme risk firearm protection order. It was enacted in July 2020 after two years of debate in the state capitol.

However, the majority of elected sheriffs in New Mexico oppose it and have said they will not enforce the law. However, the passed law allows law enforcement and prosecutors to petition a court.

Chief Steward Steele provided this statement when asked about the police response to the home:

"When Officers left the scene, it did not appear Juneanne was in fear for her safety and there was no probable cause to believe any criminal activity had occurred. Officers did not witness any signs of distress and comments made relating to the use of a firearm appeared to be insincere and made in jest. Officers had no reasonable belief to suspect that either individual was sincerely contemplating an imminent act of violence because the behavior of the individuals observed on scene indicated they cared for one another and were working to solve their long term health care and living situation needs.

"Based on the entirety of circumstances during the first call, there was no probable cause to conduct a criminal investigation or substantiate a significant danger of imminent personal injury as a result of either person having access to a firearm. Consequently, the Officers lacked authority to arrest, place into protective custody either party against their will, or file a petition pursuant to the Extreme Risk Firearm Protection Order Act.

*Points at the beginning* They DO have the authority to remove the guns from a house if they suspect it's a danger to someone but the cops love guys with guns! What could he do against a fellow gun lover? He's only a cop with authority and all that.
More in the article as always.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

mllaneza posted:

Oh, this is fantastic, thankyou!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

priznat posted:

Please don’t deport DePape back to Canada you guys broke his brain so he’s your problem now

he should be forced to change his name to OfPape we don't do that quebecois poo poo

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

I put on my Abby Sciuto cosplay outfit and yelled, "Enhance! Enhance!" at the computer screen.

I never thought I'd have a need for this icon :itwaspoo:

Reminder that e: millions hundreds of thousands of people died either directly or indirectly because this orange toddler was too big of a bitch to have his makeup rubbed off by mask strings.

(I was off by an order of magnitude or so. Being in the middle of it for three years and having people you work alongside of for years die from it colors your perspective and memory I suppose. that is also the origin story for why I hate this waste of carbon with the fury of a thousand suns).

Thora fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 18, 2023

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

least important to most?

# of times they have sexually assaulted someone at a TPUSA conference

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am sure it has been asked and answered before many times.

But I am an dumbarse who does not pay attention. So I do apologize.

What actually physically happens at these conservative conference things?

A bunch of speakers rile up the crowd, and then beg for donations

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

mllaneza posted:

This is my favorite new thing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

FuturePastNow posted:

A bunch of speakers rile up the crowd, and then beg for donations

they also do poo poo like this

also that one they had where the stage was a literal odal rune

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The Last Call posted:

Story of cops being bad human beings
Like I'm not sure I would ever make a joke that I was going to kill someone in front of a cop... because the cop could probably gently caress up my life pretty bad.

Cop: "I heard him say he would kill her"
"But really I was just joking."
Cop: "I considered him to be a threat so that's is why I shot out his kneecaps. He should be so lucky"

But this dude literally declares he will kill her, she is begging for help, and... they just leave?

Good thing they'll be held accountable! (okay sorry bad joke)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

the cops in Rio Rancho and Albuquerque are among the worst in the entire nation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

kazil posted: