Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

He eat cats but I eat rear end hear that thang clap from Melmac I spending stacks cuz he throw it back that apple bottom like a bomb attack

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Unrelated to the thread but man, where do we land as people who have gotten older since Drawn Together was a thing? I like to imagine that I'm wiser and woker and much more enlightened now and can see just how it wouldn't fly at all these days but man, it still cracks me up. It's just so unrelentingly crude that there's no point even trying to condemn it

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Heran Bago posted:

#2 is infinite money and #3 is controlled flight.

#4 could also be free money but more painful.

5 and 3. worlds best assassin.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

He eat cats but I eat rear end hear that thang clap from Melmac I spending stacks cuz he throw it back that apple bottom like a bomb attack

lol

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Songbearer posted:

Unrelated to the thread but man, where do we land as people who have gotten older since Drawn Together was a thing? I like to imagine that I'm wiser and woker and much more enlightened now and can see just how it wouldn't fly at all these days but man, it still cracks me up. It's just so unrelentingly crude that there's no point even trying to condemn it

It's dumb and edgelord as poo poo but in a very calculated way.

So it sometimes still lands.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Drawn together has some good stuff.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Songbearer posted:

Drawn Together leans so hard and deliberately into being tasteless that you'll either hate it right away or be able to pick up what it's putting down and roll with it. I'm sure some of the jokes have aged poorly even by that standard but overall it's still pretty funny

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Songbearer posted:

It gave us a pretty good reflection of donny....

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Songbearer posted:

It was barely a thing even in the day, and like you said it was so intentionally provocative that getting pissed then or now is too easy. It played its part as a space-filler and surprisingly few of its jokes endured. I was more impressed by was the variety of animation/genre archetypes in the cast list-- they put a lot more effort into that and the jokes than it ever needed, even if most of them boil down to trash.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Drawn Together girl and an Always Sunny boy

Starcrossed lovers....

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBKm1MBsTbk

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

e:

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 03:54 on Nov 18, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Songbearer posted:

I was thinking of making this exact post lol.

I would throw my hat in on the side of "actually really clever and intricate", easily the equal of a lot of modern stuff that people consider well-made. The animation injokes are spot-on and the writing riffs hit so well. I'll never forget the one sequence of Wooldoor being let out of mall security and it's played as an homage to the Shawshank Redemption, and the way it's done is secondarily as a textural homage to Family Guy and its infamous cutaways to film references and pop culture gags. When I first saw it I was thinking "jesus, this feels like a Family Guy bit" and just then Peter and Lois walk by and make a crack. I was like :lol: ok you got my rear end

Also "Outta my way, subplot! Main story coming through!"

I don't know what the hell they were trying to pull off in the last season with that episode that is just a bunch of straight-up anti-Indian racism though. Maybe South Park "ironic bigotry" isn't the dragon you want to chase or try to make a very oblique point about

e: honestly if you could do something about the early-2000s "let's make fun of people with cerebral palsy, this is cool and good" trope it would make this and a lot of shows easier to talk about. Maybe that's something we just had to work through as a society and now we're better for it or something. Or more irredeemable

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 04:11 on Nov 18, 2023

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

i would simply put my hands up

Howd u get so big is what the bear would say

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Memes you can hear

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

These are loving amazing

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Holy loving poo poo

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm 99% sure that was created by a goon but it's been a long time since I saved it

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

I found this somewhat upsetting more than anything else.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

This is the greatest meme I have seen since the one about coffee with milk.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I Am Crake posted:

I found this somewhat upsetting more than anything else.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

what the gently caress

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

RareAcumen posted:

If the words: 'Machinima', 'Youtube Poop', or 'GMOD Animation' ring any bells, you understand Skibidi Toilet. It's an odd video series back in the days before people made 30 hour long video essays on how hosed up it is that every Disney movie shows someone's parent being killed or that a cartoon has more to it's plot than just flashing colors like a Simon Says toy or whatever.

https://twitter.com/Bridget01__/status/1724869536657162548
https://twitter.com/IndianaSouf/status/1723325378603733221
https://twitter.com/uuntiedshoelace/status/1723139912042463658
https://twitter.com/hayasaka_aryan/status/1722796967267344636?t=eMnshELPar_P2XrywqKi4g&s=19

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...be31fa6f07274a&

Brock kinda got the opposite of a doubting thomas thing going on

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Good to see he's apparently doing well.

These truly were the memes of our era.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Nov 18, 2023

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ngl, I don’t think I could beat the tennis lady at tennis, and I never think about WW2, and I don’t give a poo poo about Ancient Rome, but I was watching the Documentary Now! episode parodying Werner Herzog, and the scene where Half-Tone loses his poo poo and battles two bears with a knife did have me quietly going “I could probably hold my own there… or at least die really cool in front of a lot of people, on camera.”

I think all men are deeply, medically, stupid about at least one thing.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Carbon dioxide posted:

Good to see he's apparently doing well.

Is he though? Guy looks rough. Like he never came out of the other side of the pandemic.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

looked back after the first one to see if this was a wizard master post

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

mysterious frankie posted:

all men are deeply, medically, stupid about at least one thing.

If all men get one thing then I am legion

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

freeedr posted:

If all men get one thing then I am legion

They said "at least"

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Let them be Legion dammit :argh:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I think all men are deeply, medically, stupid about at least one thing.

I've always reckoned I could land a plane if needed.

Then I watched this and now I'm CERTAIN I could land a plane.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

They said "at least"

Correct. If 90s sitcoms and commercials about household products have taught me anything, it’s that the math goes: More Stupids = More Man Level. My single delusion about my physical prowess means, at best, I rate as Wacky Neighbor, or Husband Who Will Call The HVAC Repairman Today.

mysterious frankie has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Nov 18, 2023

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Correct. If 90s sitcoms and commercials about household products have taught me anything, it’s that the math goes: More Stupids = More Man Level. My single delusion about my physical prowess means, at best, I rate as Wacky Neighbor, or Husband Who Will Call The HVAC Repairman Today.

You said you'd call yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Nicodemus Dumps posted:

You said you'd call yesterday

I’ll call today.