Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Not sure why Bets taking down her feed would gently caress up Steph's. I feel like Team Evans don't understand social media.

lol perfect. run girl be free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Not sure why Bets taking down her feed would gently caress up Steph's. I feel like Team Evans don't understand social media.

Is that supposed to be an ahegao face emoji in panel 1?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

No?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Selachian posted:

ahegao is red

green means barfs

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 10/28/51

Archie 10/4-6/48

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 10/14/51

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yes, Kelley, women sure be talkin'. Am I right, fellas?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Let’s loving gooooooooo

I think I’m an unironic Gil Thorp enjoyer.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (March 23-27, 2004)

:O

Picking up tomorrow: A slight format change to 6 panels per day, and a tale of the mystical Isle of Wight.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 10/14/51

Yes, a paltry effort like jumping six vertical goddamn feet on Earth

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The Security State As A Good Thing

a how how how how how

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

...Did Copper really just intentionally smoke a line drive between this dude's eyes?

Ownage is no longer enough.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 24, 1960)

What's the medieval version of 'gently caress that guy, he was a dick anyway'?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Selachian posted:

The internet REALLY likes Steph's photo.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Kazinsal posted:

:O

Ah yes, Allison really laid it on thick for this poor gal. Wasn't enough to murder her! Really can't wait for the comeuppance the hag brigade is due.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

And another person of color departs the Luannverse.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Goddammit Phantom what the hell was the point of the last two-plus years?

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

EasyEW posted:

Mutts continues to break my heart.

Guard Dog's function has always been to remind everyone not to chain up a dog, but this? This really hurts. :cry:

I usually skip Mutts because it's just so drat twee and saccharine, but this week's got me in the feelings :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TyD1gmZl-Y

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

NOTHING HAS CHANGED YOU IDIOT, SAVARNA NOT FINDING OUT ABOUT JAMPA IS THE WHOLE HINGE OF THIS GODDAMN STORY

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins
[

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

they're probably doing the whole "Bets wait!" run-after-her thing next strip but yeah stand there like a big sack of wet poo poo, you vacant dork

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Goddammit Phantom what the hell was the point of the last two-plus years?

:aaaaa: what a twist!!

*has no idea what Phantom is talking about

**doesn't care, just wants this to end

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Kazinsal posted:

"Ronnie B took the handles off to make it more 'internally aerodynamic'" has lived in my brain for the past 19 years. It's such a good line.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

NOTHING HAS CHANGED YOU IDIOT, SAVARNA NOT FINDING OUT ABOUT JAMPA IS THE WHOLE HINGE OF THIS GODDAMN STORY

Maybe Sarvana got all her murdering out while she was grenade launchering, and she'd be willing to live and let live.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The point is that they can go murder him together. It was trying to bring the son home that got Phantom killed.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Speaking of: I'm not taking Bad Memory pills, right? When the kid went to the place, it was like.

Mozz's story took, like. Three days, maybe? Tops? (In-world, I mean). Plus the day for doing the prison assault. The way the mountain city was presented, it'd take a lot longer than four days to get to or from it to Phantomtown here. It'd be like, It's way out in the mountains without reliable transport. Right? If Son Of Phantom made his decision to go home at the very moment Mozz started telling the bullshit prophecy, h had to loving teleport to get here this fast.

Right? Did the strip contradict this at some point I forgot? Other people in this thread have better memories about this kind of thing than I do but I am pretty drat sure it's more than a few days travel time to get from "Isolated mountain city" to "Secret hidden settlement deep in the jungle". Like, both ends of this trip are gonna be slow. This is complete bullshit.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I would loving LOVE that beanie!

Fingerpori

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm still confused as to why the cops care about this. Only a few strips ago the good guys was killing N.O.P.E. members openly but suddenly it's a concern?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Alhazred posted:

I'm still confused as to why the cops care about this. Only a few strips ago the good guys was killing N.O.P.E. members openly but suddenly it's a concern?
In self defense. Hunting N.O.P.E. down in turn is bad because uhhhh shut up Holbrook says so that's why

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

In self defense. Hunting N.O.P.E. down in turn is bad because uhhhh shut up Holbrook says so that's why

I'm pretty sure it stops being self defense when one mob literally tear one person up.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I mean I guess? Given that N.O.P.E. are massive, massive bigots I kind of don't care if they die screaming :shrug: if that makes me a bad person, so be it

We're putting way more thought into this than Holbrook has.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 18, 2023

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TegneHanne

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "390 - Jucika Measures Blood Pressure"

"391 - Jucika And The Children On Vacation"

"Well, it's impossible that you could've hired or traded favors to get outside help to do it, or you or your staff could've done anything to reduce calories spent such as using a vehicle, and I'll just trust data you gathered yourself that presents the outcome you most desire." Incredible detective work, officer. The next god drat strip is family outside the company discussing whether or not it would've been convenient for them to do the murder themselves!!!

This is a world where a protected class of elites can freely murder anybody outside of that class(or in it as seen here) with penalties against the prey class for fighting back with things that are "unfair" to defending themselves from random violence and the only safeguard against this system being abused is that sometimes the cops will very passively ask if you were a bad girl and if you say "Nah lol" they'll shrug and call it cased closed?

"Why did you do it?" "I'm a character defined by their social presence who is too stupid to socialize." At least this is consistently stupid for such a stupid setting. Bang up writing as usual Jules.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 18, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

:lmao:

Krazy Kat(May 26, 1918)

The Rectangle(Gasoline Alley)(March 30, 1919)

Little Nemo(October 20, 1907)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hippocrass posted:

Little Nemo(October 20, 1907)

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Doomykins posted:

"391 - Jucika And The Children On Vacation"

Wholesome Jucika is best Jucika :3:

Also, cross posting from the meme thread:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/17/03

Double Collins

Brenda Starr 2/4-6/52

Smokey Stover 1/26/58

Everyday Movies 12/22/36

"Now if he was only a smoking or drinking man it would be much easier."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/3-5/42

Bonus Futurism! Dome sweet dome!

Pyroceram was the stuff they make CorningWare cookware out of.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Alhazred posted:

TegneHanne

No lie, this technique helps me relax like... Almost nothing else. If I can do stuff that doesn't require me to see (I admit that's not MUCH stuff), I use a blindfold and by God, I just feel so much more relaxed.

This may also be related to me being on the spectrum, of course. But nevertheless.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (May 01, 1960)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Pancho Jueves posted:

Also, cross posting from the meme thread:

A thing of beauty.

Mutts

The payoff better be tomorrow. I don't think I could take another week of this.

Sally Forth

Peanuts (November 20, 1976)

Cranskshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (February 14-16, 1935)

Thimble Theater (June 22, 1940)

Out Our Way (May 6-8, 1943; spoilered for the Usual Reasons (Latinx variation))