Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Rhymenoserous posted:

Edit: Isabella is your candidate for the next CSM? lmao what the gently caress, just being in a room with her for 10 minutes is enough to make most reasonable people jam screwdrivers in their ears. Is this another Xenuria comedy candidate?

I managed to tolerate her for about 11 minutes on a joint Delta/Black Ops fleet before docking in the nearest citadel, throwing my Cerb on contract for basically nothing, and pod jumping back to 1dq.

Liking Isabella and her ridiculous regurgitated nonsense is just self-reporting to other people around you that you are, in fact, a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Bring back helldump.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Baron of Bad News posted:

Bring back helldump.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Baron of Bad News posted:

Bring back helldump.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

they instead brought back lobby crew

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
there is still a care package by "the most heavily defenced location in the game"

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's not like a container is gonna gank anyone

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
leaving a harmless and funny joke alone even if it is at their expense strikes me as more characteristic of goons than of pubbies

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Cease to Hope posted:

leaving a harmless and funny joke alone even if it is at their expense strikes me as more characteristic of goons than of pubbies

right, which is why its so weird that its still there in pubswarm federation space

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if this has circulated outside of Europe already, but our news are reporting constant small earthquakes all over a small peninsula of Iceland. Some people think this may be a precursor for a volcanic eruption

Luckily Eve's servers are in Britain these days, but CCP might be forced to relocate their corp headquarters over there, too

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So leadership kicked a dev for being inactive (or less active then they preferred) so they decided to just leak everything.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Sickening posted:

So leadership kicked a dev for being inactive (or less active then they preferred) so they decided to just leak everything.

What happened?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

What happened?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/17v70fr/removed_by_reddit_spying_suppression_and_the/

He wasn't kicked, he was just removed from all his dev roles apparently. Being a volunteer dev for important poo poo for a long time and just being removed without white gloves is going to piss people off.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Sickening posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/17v70fr/removed_by_reddit_spying_suppression_and_the/

He wasn't kicked, he was just removed from all his dev roles apparently. Being a volunteer dev for important poo poo for a long time and just being removed without white gloves is going to piss people off.

Thanks.

I'll bring that to some friends and see if they can explain that story to me. I'm struggling a bit with the details.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't sorta thing.

Vily loses roles from inactivity, comes back, demands roles, doesn't get them -> we eventually get a year of solid war: good outcome

Dev loses roles from inactivity, leaks things of questionable importance -> eh, not great, I guess.

Jay loses roles from inactivity, gets them back -> lol

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Leaking code for tools seems like not a big deal to me. Dumping and leaking the database that the tool used would have been a big deal. Seems like that didn't happen? Maybe someone did a good job controlling/revoking database access as needed.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Dirac Fourier posted:

Leaking code for tools seems like not a big deal to me. Dumping and leaking the database that the tool used would have been a big deal. Seems like that didn't happen? Maybe someone did a good job controlling/revoking database access as needed.

Doubtful. All you can hope for is you are lucky. You are rolling the dice that data this person has had outside of the live systems isn't going to burn too much.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tsed posted:

Vily loses roles from inactivity, comes back, demands roles, doesn't get them -> we eventually get a year of solid war: good outcome

Vily was always going to do this. The whole no roles thing was just a casus belli

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Woah, looks like CCP is pushing this EVE FPS-thing forward for real now, I got a message I could go and claim my old character name from the DUST-era for Vanguard.

(Sorry, now only I get to have this dumb name. :smug: )

Now I'm kind of moved that CCP did actually remember us DUST-players. :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm excited but cautiously optimistic for Vanguard. CCP has a history of trying new things with Eve and then abandoning them.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I'm excited but cautiously optimistic for Vanguard. CCP has a history of trying new things with Eve and then abandoning them.

The mobile app has been not working for more than a month. This company can't be trusted.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Tsed posted:

Dev loses roles from inactivity, leaks things of questionable importance -> eh, not great, I guess.
IDK if someone tries to smash as much stuff as they can on the way out, that's a pretty good case that denying them access to things was the right thing to do.

Anyone who gets mad about not having roles shouldn't have them.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 17, 2023

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Vily was always going to do this. The whole no roles thing was just a casus belli

Agreed, anyone who fleeted with him prior knew how up his own rear end he was.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Is it the guy that posted the chat logs a while back?

Based on my shaky memory it seemed to be handled in a lovely way so I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts it's the how not the what.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Sickening posted:

The mobile app has been not working for more than a month. This company can't be trusted.

toilet eve is kill?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sickening posted:

What’s the mobile app?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

What’s the mobile app?

Eve portal.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I wonder if my temporary 7 days of Omega will get me access to Vanguard.

Damnit they're going to make me sub again just for an FPS.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Sickening posted:

usually it's because they've added something new in the game that the app tracks but don't tell the app so it falls over. It took them months to unfuck the app's training queue to say you were training anything other than "target breaker amplification" or something when they added the gas decompression or trig/edencom skills (can't remember which)

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Sickening posted:

Dirac Fourier posted:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Lmao, nevermind, if that is the person they can get bent.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Libluini posted:

Now I'm kind of moved that CCP did actually remember us DUST-players. :3:

Gonna be exciting when they release this one as a PSVita exclusive for some reason.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sickening posted:

i dont think this was innominate

he is far too lazy to click a few buttons to post code

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Sickening posted:

Not them specifically but the org in general lmao

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Gonna be exciting when they release this one as a PSVita exclusive for some reason.

Nah, they'll see Nintendo's plans to milk the Switch for as long as people keep buying, and then, a year after the game is out as a Switch-exclusive, Nintendo will change their mind and CCP won't have the money or resources to port Vanguard to the Switch 2. Then Vanguard will get DUSTed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not dead, only online to check emails and uni stuff, so I can only see that I have been pinged on Discord.

Completely offline. My daughter got engaged to a trans man on the week a terf horror show kicked off on my uni course, and I'm done with the internet entirely or this poo poo will break me.

It turns out a criminology professor got fired for setting up a terf think tank and trying to use the university to legitimise it. She takes uni to tribunal because she didn't like the head of the department calling her "a bigoted fascist". The terf tactic was to sign a load of people up to the course I was on, stay for a bit and then drop out for a refund (which failed on them because they only get a half credit back) so they could all claim to be concerned students desperate for more 'debate' on the Uni forums when the court date was set. This is why I ended up being the only person at most of my lectures. I'm not going to be back to link it but if you know my uni you can google it.

I got a distinction in spite of them, please blow up space nazis I will be back online in like, 5 years or something.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I reinstalled this game after like ten years of inactivity yesterday and I have no idea what I'm doing, half a billion in the bank, no assets but a strong need to fly and spin spaceships.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I have only played a little bit years ago but never seriously, but want to give it a try. Is it worth hunting down a referral code?

If someone wants, just pm me a link, thanks!

EDIT: Got one, thank you!

voodoo dog fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 18, 2023

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The Bible posted:

are they actually chasing the console dragon or are they just going to put the thing on a goddamn PC this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Potato Salad posted:

are they actually chasing the console dragon or are they just going to put the thing on a goddamn PC this time

It’s on PC. I heard it will launch as a separate game initially from the EVE launcher