Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I just found out one of the "whites are being persecuted" racist musk dickriders on Twitter, total mars catalogue, is ethnically Indian and I have no idea what happened to make people like this

the gift of prophecy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Antigravitas posted:

Imagine having lunch with a coworker. You ask what they do after work, maybe you have some common interests. You like to sail a dinghy on the weekends.

Your coworker thinks for a bit, then says: I often tweet about race

Well then.

No no it's ok it's simply pointing out observed differences between mean IQ levels of people from western Europe and sub saharan Africa. If you made it about race then maybe YOU are the bigot!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

I just found out one of the "whites are being persecuted" racist musk dickriders on Twitter, total mars catalogue, is ethnically Indian and I have no idea what happened to make people like this

The British.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh my god, hurt me. bag those plebs, I'm sure

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

One of the only actual full-on nazis I have personally known was a trans woman. She burned a swastika into her thigh.

She was in a D&D group I was running for socially awkward young adults. Nobody knew she was a nazi until some of her old tweets got unearthed, which led to me finding her 4chan account and I learned way, way more than I wanted to know about her. Obviously I kicked her out of the group, but I feel sort of bad about it because now her only social interactions are with 4chan and I wish I could've helped her not be a crazy rear end nazi.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Laughing at the idea that Marks & Spencer isn't a store with plebs. It's the ultimate middle class store.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Laughing at the idea that Marks & Spencer isn't a store with plebs. It's the ultimate middle class store.

I go there and I am 100 million percent a filthy pleb.

Ed: and I go to Waitrose. Very much recommend their coffee shortbread. And mixing their coffee icecream with their white choc icecream.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In the spirit of friendship, as self-appointed us-german friendship ambassador, Bavaria may have all the Whole Foods. They have to come pick them up though

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

More naive than idiot there I think.

In case anyone is wondering how us poor idiots who still have to use Facebook are doing, they seem to have slipped a switch in the last few days so suggested groups are constantly being pushed over friends/groups you’re actually in (groups being a horribly broken system anyway because the caching system absolutely sucks). I just scrolled and in a row I counted 2 ads and 4 suggested groups posts. Really impressive that while Twitter burns, Zucks lot still manages to find a way to make their service worse.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

My one greatest fear in life, specifically relating to the city and municipality of Munich, is having to purchase muesli in the vicinity of somebody with a significantly lower net worth than me. I wake up at night screaming and pissing just thinking about it.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

EL BROMANCE posted:

More naive than idiot there I think.

In case anyone is wondering how us poor idiots who still have to use Facebook are doing, they seem to have slipped a switch in the last few days so suggested groups are constantly being pushed over friends/groups you’re actually in (groups being a horribly broken system anyway because the caching system absolutely sucks). I just scrolled and in a row I counted 2 ads and 4 suggested groups posts. Really impressive that while Twitter burns, Zucks lot still manages to find a way to make their service worse.

The suggested content vs actual content thing goes in waves. But yeah FB is completely broken.
You can sometimes force a slight correction by ignoring every suggest page and follow it recommends, but even those ignores don't actually stick and it'll suggest the same groups or pages again next week.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Ahahahahahaha

What the gently caress

Too many loving plebs at Edeka, what do they think this is, Aldi? Where are the brand name supermarkets with their plush carpets where you need to wear a suit to shop or the usher will show you out?

Clerical Terrors posted:

My one greatest fear in life, specifically relating to the city and municipality of Munich, is having to purchase muesli in the vicinity of somebody with a significantly lower net worth than me. I wake up at night screaming and pissing just thinking about it.

One day I was at the supermarket, buying my artisanal muesli as recommended by their chief cashier, when suddenly a poor person showed up and bought the cheap store brand! I fainted right there!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you do your own shopping I think you are, by definition, a pleb.

You don't see king charlie wandering down to waitrose in his pyjamas for some baccy and a pack of tennants?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Clerical Terrors posted:

Is worse than that. Even if you manage to avoid the peasants, you'll find your high class products sharing shelf space with the pig substitutes the unwashed masses buy. You can't avoid the contamination that results from this, your jar of peanut butter has been made worse forever by the fact it sat close to a brand a hobo might buy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Oh yeah, she said something pro palestine and every single Greta Thunberg hater went WILD.

Given that they tend to be on the very far right end of the political spectrum, this is mildly ironic.

I just think Germans aren't allowed to call anyone else antisemitic until at least 2045.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/OCpatriot_/status/1725558671458083228?t=OjJgTGDNElY5x3eKGevQLA&s=19

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

The suggested content vs actual content thing goes in waves. But yeah FB is completely broken.
You can sometimes force a slight correction by ignoring every suggest page and follow it recommends, but even those ignores don't actually stick and it'll suggest the same groups or pages again next week.

Yeah, but it's gotten really bad lately. I think what's weird is the type of group. They have almost no relation to anything I'm currently part of. It just seems mostly cartoons and smarmy meme groups. The suggested events as well are all for things across the country.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
IOSM: I was 11-0 on my high school debating team

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Air Skwirl posted:

I just think Germans aren't allowed to call anyone else antisemitic until at least 2045.

Acceptable as long as I can still call our three nazi parties nazis.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

IOSM: I was 11-0 on my high school debating team

All of them were forfeits.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Acceptable as long as I can still call our three nazi parties nazis.

Germans are absolutely free to call out other Germans for antisemitism

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/schemeposter/status/1725217589352136860

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Air Skwirl posted:

Germans are absolutely free to call out other Germans for antisemitism

The antideutsch love to call out other Germans for antisemitism. Like how anyone who is critical of capitalism is antisemitic. And how anyone opposed to zionism is antisemitic, including and maybe especially Jewish people. Fortunately it's not antisemitic to attack Jewish people who disagree with you about what an ethnostate is doing

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Cool Dad posted:

One of the only actual full-on nazis I have personally known was a trans woman. She burned a swastika into her thigh.

She was in a D&D group I was running for socially awkward young adults. Nobody knew she was a nazi until some of her old tweets got unearthed, which led to me finding her 4chan account and I learned way, way more than I wanted to know about her. Obviously I kicked her out of the group, but I feel sort of bad about it because now her only social interactions are with 4chan and I wish I could've helped her not be a crazy rear end nazi.

Trap sprung moment but my immediate thought was that having a permanent account on 4chan is the most damning sign of narcissism out of everything in that list

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Inshallah the means of production will be seized.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

That's a pretty good strat for high school debate, I did something similar where my solutions were always "end capitalism now" good work kid and lol at the guy who thinks doing 11 debates total is a big deal. That's like 2 tournaments, not even a full season.

E: the rest of the posts are just complaining about having to pander to the judges, which is and always has been a big deal in debate. Starting to think they don't get the point, which is to learn how to win not be right.

tokin opposition has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Nov 18, 2023

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You might want to look up the association between Hindu nationalism and the actual Nazis. Because that, that's what happened.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Clerical Terrors posted:

Inshallah the means of production will be seized.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Hindutva guys hate Muslims as much as he does.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
How do you win a debate club debate?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cool Dad posted:

her 4chan account

Her what?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Schubalts posted:

How do you win a debate club debate?

Debate club is structured and has judges.
The judges are coaches and volunteers.
Depending on structure like if they were doing parliamentary debate, policy, or Model UN that record is also kinda bad.
Like assuming they're just listing tournaments. that's like they made it to 2 tournaments tops if they were in policy/parli.
What's also funny is you don't have control over what side you're on. I remember getting completely hosed over by a final round where I was given the position of "Hillary for President" back in 2006.

So the short answer: get given the winning side of an argument with a teacher or volunteer that already agrees with it. Also the dude was in novice, if not rookie debate for that record, so 'showing up, talking for your entire alloted time and not crying' would guarantee you a 75% chance of victory as long as you weren't a girl wearing pants in front of a Kentucky judge.

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Nov 18, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you machine gun/super fast talk your talking points. atleast thats what I got from some npr podcast episode about school debate. a "city" HS debate club was making waves and getting Ws and then suddenly all the other schools went Bender and made their own new debate league.

this is why some of the earliest material of tiny Ben Shaprio or some other young regressive person (some white blond woman) have them blabbing out like a dozen points min.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Her trip code, I guess? She wasn't posting anonymously, and people there kept calling her by her first name. I was there because I was trying to conclusively link the racist twitter posts to the person in my D&D group rather than just relying on hearsay. I was able to do so because she was basically using the transwoman thread on 4chan as a personal diary.

In case you're wondering, there is a trans community on 4chan and it's the worst, saddest thing I have ever seen.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Cool Dad posted:

Her trip code, I guess? She wasn't posting anonymously, and people there kept calling her by her first name. I was there because I was trying to conclusively link the racist twitter posts to the person in my D&D group rather than just relying on hearsay. I was able to do so because she was basically using the transwoman thread on 4chan as a personal diary.

In case you're wondering, there is a trans community on 4chan and it's the worst, saddest thing I have ever seen.

you can always tell which trans women came out on 4chan because they're inevitably insufferable and self-hating

luckily i came out on SA so I'm only mostly insufferable and self hating

PhazonLink posted:

you machine gun/super fast talk your talking points. atleast thats what I got from some npr podcast episode about school debate. a "city" HS debate club was making waves and getting Ws and then suddenly all the other schools went Bender and made their own new debate league.

this is why some of the earliest material of tiny Ben Shaprio or some other young regressive person (some white blond woman) have them blabbing out like a dozen points min.

my school/district for most tournaments loving hated spreeders, except for the small pack of Debate Bros (gendered language very much so intended) who all wanted to go to nationals really badly.

One of them had a mental breakdown and offed himself after doing a massive amount coke a year after graduation, RIP Calvin.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

Assuming you’re referring to Radiolab. It’s an interesting episode for sure.

https://radiolab.org/podcast/debatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

tokin opposition posted:

you can always tell which trans women came out on 4chan because they're inevitably insufferable and self-hating

luckily i came out on SA so I'm only mostly insufferable and self hating

It still stuns me there was a trans femme on loving Kiwifarms of all places

Then again we have people like Buck Angel, Blair White, and Caitlin Jenner out there being pick me pieces of poo poo so I really shouldn't be shocked