Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

infernal machines posted:

congrats! or :rip: as applicable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

mediaphage posted:

not sure what you’re going for here since that poll explicitly courted 18-29 yo

people are desperate to believe that fascism is the goal of an ancient and dying class of people because if that’s true then they don’t have to actually do anything to stop it but wait and see

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
work sucks hell yeah

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I think the pole just shows that young people don’t answer their phones or respond to polesters

i pick up the phone and when i hear it's a pollster i scream "GREEN" and hang up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i have call control

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I think the pole just shows that young people don’t answer their phones or respond to polesters

they also don't vote in elections

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

i pick up the phone and when i hear it's a pollster i scream "GREEN" and hang up

“Sir, the question was whether you preferred pizza pops or pizza pockets”

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Arivia posted:

“Sir, the question was whether you preferred pizza pops or pizza pockets”

"Please rate on a scale of 1 to 10 how much more stuff Pillsbury Pizza Pops™ have vs The Other Guys" why is this poo poo in my brain help me

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't even have to pick up my phone, it's always in my hand, being posted on.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

okay i read up about poster "pvt parts" and i'm kindly requesting that he be chain-probed from this thread for all eternity

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i think you can only do it for like 2-weeks off any given post

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines posted:

i think you can only do it for like 2-weeks off any given post

weak

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bleck posted:

I’ve met people over a decade younger than me that honestly think that the biggest problems in society are that “nobody wants to work” and “The Chinese”

like people say this poo poo as though all the old wrinkled nazis haven’t also been pumping out and indoctrinating little nazi shitheads

My little brother has proudly announced how he doesn't tip service workers or delivery drivers at more than one family dinner when his overuse of Uber Eats came up.

He's 20 and lives with his parents, and I'm pretty sure the credit card he orders with is his Dad's.

To be fair, I was a lovely teenage libertarian too. It's got to be the Internet radicalization; idk what my brother's on (besides games) but I spent a LOT of time on 4chan before buying an account here.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
relatedly a judge decided that calling plastics toxic was unconstitutional and “a threat to federalism” so looking forward to seeing the single use plastics ban rolled back

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

mediaphage posted:

relatedly a judge decided that calling plastics toxic was unconstitutional and “a threat to federalism” so looking forward to seeing the single use plastics ban rolled back

Jokes on me my grocery store stopped giving away plastic bags in like 2010. :smith:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

work sucks hell yeah

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i always make sure to bring back a bunch of plastic shopping bags whenever i travel somewhere that doesnt care about the environment

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

the nice thing about having a closet full of those black cloth reusable Superstore bags that you never remember to bring shopping is that they can be readily repurposed into sand-bags for future floods or for strengthening fighting points against the ChiCom invaders

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Gravid Topiary posted:

the nice thing about having a closet full of those black cloth reusable Superstore bags that you never remember to bring shopping is that they can be readily repurposed into sand-bags for future floods or for strengthening fighting points against the ChiCom invaders

I've seen videos of people growing potatoes in those, so there's that at least

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Gravid Topiary posted:

lol if you wouldn't just immediately defect

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Comrade Xi will look at my posting history and appoint me to the Politburo

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Chamale posted:

A significant number of the professional choices I make revolve around being qualified to be part of the Central Planning department for Comrade Xi

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Tighclops posted:

lol if you wouldn't just immediately defect

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
the only aggressor i would even think about defending Canada from is the Government of Canada itself.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Chamale posted:

Yeah... as the janitor!!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Our precious Michaels are turning on each other.

Today is a dark day.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Drake no - evicting encampments for Remembrance Day
Drake yes - evicting encampments for the Christmas Tree lighting

Halifax says sheltering in Grand Parade this winter ‘is not an option’

quote:

The update, released one day after a Christmas tree was placed in Grand Parade, said the annual tree lighting ceremony will take place the evening of Nov. 25 following the annual Parade of Lights.

Build housing you fuckin idiots

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Another Bill posted:

Our precious Michaels are turning on each other.

Today is a dark day.

I read it through my library’s portal.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-spavor-kovrig-china-intelligence-background/ posted:

One of the two Canadians jailed by China for nearly three years in a case that was at the heart of a diplomatic crisis is seeking a multimillion-dollar settlement from Ottawa, two sources say, alleging he was detained because he unwittingly provided intelligence on North Korea to Canada and allied spy services.

Michael Spavor alleges that the deception was conducted by fellow Canadian prisoner Michael Kovrig, and it was intelligence work by the latter that led to both men’s incarceration by Chinese authorities, according to the sources.

The sources said Mr. Phillips is alleging that his client was arrested by China because of information that he shared with Mr. Kovrig. That information, he alleges, was later passed on, unbeknownst to Mr. Spavor, to the Canadian government and its Five Eyes spy-service partners in the course of Mr. Kovrig’s duties as a diplomat with the Foreign Affairs department’s Global Security Reporting Program.

He is also alleging, the sources say, that a senior diplomat in Beijing had conversations with Mr. Kovrig about his relationship with Mr. Spavor after Mr. Kovrig took a leave of absence from Global Affairs Canada in 2017 to join the International Crisis Group. The ICG is an independent, non-governmental global think tank.

A third highly placed source told The Globe that Mr. Kovrig was considered an intelligence asset, as a diplomatic officer at the Global Security Reporting Program (GSRP) within the Canadian embassy in Beijing, and later when based in Hong Kong at International Crisis Group.

The source said Mr. Kovrig was not an employee of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service but that information he gathered in China was viewed as valuable by the spy agency.

Guy Saint-Jacques, a former Canadian ambassador to Beijing from 2012 to 2016, said China viewed Mr. Kovrig as an espionage agent because of his work at GSRP. But he said Mr. Kovrig, who worked in the embassy from 2012 to 2014 when Mr. Saint-Jacques was envoy, was not a CSIS agent. He acknowledged, though, that any information gathered by Mr. Kovrig would have been valuable to CSIS.

All because bad guy #1 wanted to sell cell phone equipment to bad guy #2 and “lied” about it to an innocent bank famous for money laundering for the cartels.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
let's go mikes love da mikes

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

that’s a shame, was excited for mr “it’s introductory economics” to argue with the thread about how private healthcare increases freedom

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

No Michael that is so not right!!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i'm thinkin about our michaels

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

quote:

On September 5, 2021, a "March for the Michaels" was held in Ottawa to mark the thousandth day of Spavor and Kovrig's detention.[47] Organized and attended by the families of the two Michaels, about 150 people gathered to walk 7000 steps, meant to replicate the number of steps Kovrig took daily to maintain fitness in his prison cell.[48][49]

god how embarrassing lol

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

crispyseaweed posted:

god how embarrassing lol

lmao "supporting our captured spies overseas"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
[canada] a "March for the Michaels"

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

vyelkin posted:

if there's a 30% off coupon I'll be there

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
is Michael's owned by a crazed religious anti gay cult like hobbylobby in the states

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

is Michael's owned by a crazed religious anti gay cult like hobbylobby in the states

it’s owned by some Texan, so probably

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Lol

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Say it ain’t so, Michael, say it ain’t so…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I been detained.
all my michaels gone.