Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Clippers won first Harden game because Westbrook decided to come off the bench https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1725757558848151611

Clippers were -9 in the 17 minutes he played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s the only shot he can hit anymore

it’s nice when it goes in

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

each conference has 11-12 decent teams

going to be a bloodbath all year

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Yossarian-22 posted:

The Warriors were infamously 33-8 at home last year compared to 11-30 on the road

Now they are 1-5 at home, 3 losses away from last year's home loss total, and 5-2 on the road, 6 wins away from last year's road win total. Weird

They started well but have lost 5 straight. Home or away has nothing to do with it. They have a lot of poo poo to fix, and Kerr better be willing to start looking at some lineup changes because they are cooked if something doesn't change.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sixers are going to obliterate the nets tomorrow. But at least it will be fun to watch a good team for once...

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Timberwolves/Pelicans game is borderline unwatchable but between Kyle Anderson and Cody Zeller it's a great game for guys who look like rec league players.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Seriously, I love Slo Mo but for real every YMCA in the nation has guy who looks exactly like that (but who is like 5' 11")

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lmao i can't believe the Wolves won that

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mavs....

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

shai gilgeous-alexander

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

He was so drat good in OT

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Chet looks like Abraham Lincoln. Gonna be the best white American player since John Stockton

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wemby had 8 blocks

I have to watch a Chet game. his box scores look good

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
is Wemby getting steals on anywhere near a rate to be on 5 by 5 watch?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i consider steals to be many things

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

is Wemby getting steals on anywhere near a rate to be on 5 by 5 watch?

he's getting steals slightly less than Ausar Thompson. OTOH, his steal rate is about the same as Nurkic's was when he got the most recent NBA 5-by-5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Sixers are going to obliterate the nets tomorrow. But at least it will be fun to watch a good team for once...

at least they're only down 23. Could be worse.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do not think the nets are going to even make the play in this year ...

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

drat I miss shai

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

checking in on my friend Steven Curry

that’s a lot of threes

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

checking in on my friend Steven Curry

that’s a lot of threes

lol i just looked and the Warriors are 24th in the league in TS% when they were 7th last season, and 22nd in 3pt% when they were 3rd last season

and that's with Steph having his best career TS% year this year and his 4th best in 3pt%

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if Ben Simmons turned out to be as good as nico Batum the sixers probably win the finals with that butler team

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

if Ben Simmons turned out to be as good as nico Batum the sixers probably win the finals with that butler team

yeah if he was just like a league average rotation player they would have won it but he got the worst case of the yips since Chuck Knoblauch. literally had to go outside basketball since no one has ever had them that bad in the NBA.

like, there's a bunch of cases of guys getting into their own heads about free throws and having a bad season or two until they figure it out, but Simmons is slowly unlearning how to play basketball, it's unprecedented

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s cashing checks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Azathoth posted:

yeah if he was just like a league average rotation player they would have won it but he got the worst case of the yips since Chuck Knoblauch. literally had to go outside basketball since no one has ever had them that bad in the NBA.

like, there's a bunch of cases of guys getting into their own heads about free throws and having a bad season or two until they figure it out, but Simmons is slowly unlearning how to play basketball, it's unprecedented

u get rusty when you stop playing op

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

fart simpson posted:

u get rusty when you stop playing op

rust don't take this long to polish off

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

indigi posted:

rust don't take this long to polish off

depends how deeply its corroded

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

other parts of his game have come back fine, and did so pretty quick, he just refuses to shoot the ball, something that started immediately prior to his injury.

he wasn't a prolific scorer before, and no one's asking him to suddenly have a 3pt shot or anything, but before he could be relied upon for putbacks and drives to get him up to 14-16 points a game, which is absolutely fine for a defensive oriented ball handler. however his shooting percentage has somehow gone down below the Mendoza line despite taking half as many shots

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

He doesnt shoot with the correct hand

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

a new study bible! posted:

He doesnt shoot with the correct hand

did he ever figure out if he's actually right or left handed? that was the craziest poo poo and i can't believe it just sorta dropped out of sports consciousness when that's something that is usually figured out by elementary school

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The funniest and ugliest poo poo is that Mason Plumlee shoots outside shots/fts with his off hand. He actually got better at both as a result

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I watched the end of the Celtics-Hornets game. LaMelo is unreal. Bittersweet that the wife beater hit the go ahead 3 to win the game for Charlotte though

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1726787534263566455

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Whoops posted the same video twice lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
that is loving obscene. god drat

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Watching GSW-HOU since I heard the Rockets were actually good. It's hard to tell these days if the other team is good or if playing the dubs starting five just makes anyone look that way. They sure don't look like the pushover they were last year, they look solidly competent at both ends of the floor without being amazing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dillon brooks has been balling for weeks

he’s earnest

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

euphronius posted:

Dillon brooks has been balling for weeks

he’s earnest

Yeah he's in a better place for sure. This Sengun fella looks real too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the nba retains some semblance of a meritocracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Jordan Poole dogwalking the ball up the court while down 10 because he thought it stopped the clock is the funniest thing so far this season.

Poole for MVP.