Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jakethecap
Jan 17, 2021
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
C

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
C makes the most sense, as a the crossroad between the western and eastern seas.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
C. Give this one to the Crowns.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
C

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

B

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

C

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.
C, but specifically Mesopotamia - as the heartland of the Selucids it would have preserved a lot of Greek philosophy, which would have been studied and expanded on when the Caliphate took over, and absent the mongol invasions cities up and down the twin rivers likely serve as banking and finance hubs for the Crown and the silk road trade

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

E

All the world meets on the steppe

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
C makes the most sense.

It is where Carthage began and where Carthage returned, straddling the axis of the world. Nowhere else would truly be plausible.

Also I appreciate that more influential than the name of Mago in truth is Elissa, and it all began with a man who was VERY fight horny for the giant woman who beat him in a fight…

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

C makes the most sense.

It is where Carthage began and where Carthage returned, straddling the axis of the world. Nowhere else would truly be plausible.

Also I appreciate that more influential than the name of Mago in truth is Elissa, and it all began with a man who was VERY fight horny for the giant woman who beat him in a fight…

Rennaisance artists depicting mythological beauties in this timeline do not paint pale women coming out from shells, but muscled behemoths itching to have a go.

A makes more sense to me anyway, or possibly E.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Chatrapati posted:

Rennaisance artists depicting mythological beauties in this timeline do not paint pale women coming out from shells, but muscled behemoths itching to have a go.

A makes more sense to me anyway, or possibly E.

Early medieval tapestry of Sif stepping on Metallo had some long term knock on effects.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

C makes the most sense.

oh yeah, I think later historians would take Mago as almost a mythological figure that might not have even existed - sort of like Dido - while Elissa would be our version of Frederick II or Barbarossa or something

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I think the only thing marring the perfection of this history is that Spania could probably use a more Punic name.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I think the only thing marring the perfection of this history is that Spania could probably use a more Punic name.

I'm pretty sure Spania is the actual Punic name, warped by the Romans into Hispania and then modern day Spain

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

hashashash posted:

I'm pretty sure Spania is the actual Punic name, warped by the Romans into Hispania and then modern day Spain

Well I’ll be damned.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

C.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Also I can’t believe I caught up on this LP and didn’t find a single “look at me. Look at me. I am the Khan now” art piece.

Enrico la Spaniard
Dec 15, 2021

C makes the most sense to me.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
B - Little Carthage

The fun surprise option would be the Romans/Normans being the Rennaisance center, but having colonized America already. That way the final boss can be Another Rome, its capital being New Rome City.

Edit:typo

Sparq fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 19, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Also I can’t believe I caught up on this LP and didn’t find a single “look at me. Look at me. I am the Khan now” art piece.

It's not perfect, but I'm not that great at drawing so here's a meme instead!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

L.U.I.G.I posted:

It's not perfect, but I'm not that great at drawing so here's a meme instead!

:allears:

Sparq posted:

B - Little Carthage

The fun surprise option would be the Romans/Normans being the Rennaisance center, but habing colonized America already. That way the final boss can be Another Rome, its capital being New Rome City.

I wouldn't force another Rome on the LP by myself, but there will be a vote about the new world later on...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Even in Paradox mega campaigns where Rome is dead, Rome will never die.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

C

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
With how interconnected the world is between east and west, having it be along the great trade routes is the most reasonable. This makes E somewhat appropriate, but C also has a connection to Africa which E lacks and thus is even better.

C is my choice.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
If C ends up winning, I think it'd be interesting if Colonialism started in Asia. If the Elissids are facilitating trade between east and west, then there's not much impetus for the North Africans to start sailing around Africa or to America for luxuries, and the europeans are too backwater in the first place. But perhaps there is something stopping the Chinese from trading west, like some aggressive Filosiric horde or something.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

E - The Steppes

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

E

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
C

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
C

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Chatrapati posted:

If C ends up winning, I think it'd be interesting if Colonialism started in Asia. If the Elissids are facilitating trade between east and west, then there's not much impetus for the North Africans to start sailing around Africa or to America for luxuries, and the europeans are too backwater in the first place. But perhaps there is something stopping the Chinese from trading west, like some aggressive Filosiric horde or something.

great khan found the bering strait and was infuriated that there were yet more lands outside of his domain

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
C, it makes the most sense.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
C truly does make the most sense

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

C

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
C - It feels thematically the strongest for the narrative of this LP especially given Carthage has had a political resurgence.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

So much of Europe is an irrelevant backwater in this timeline that I’m gonna laugh when the Scramble for Europe happens and it’s getting carved up between eastern and north african colonial powers.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Chatrapati posted:

I've removed most of the geographic restrictions for institutions, so for example printing press definitely won't be spawning in Germany in this timeline

speaking of colonialism though, that could well depend on what we do in EU4 as well - we're obviously not staying put in India for the whole game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Vote closed:siren:

A — North Africa — 7 — Rejected Fate, Thordain, GunnerJ, habeasdorkus, Ralepozozaxe, Technowolf, Chatrapati

B — Europa — 4 — Soup du Jour, Rubix Squid, Ikasuhito, Sparq

C — The Elissid Crowns — 25 — Average Lettuce, L.U.I.G.I, ThatBasqueGuy, Sherbert Hoover, Lynneth, chrome line, jakethecap, Raserys, ZiegeDame, BraveLittleToaster, Kangxi, Bloody Pom, Yuiiut, Captain Oblivious, Rody One Half, Hellioning, Enrico la Spaniard, idhrendur, Luhood, CoffeeQaddaffi, Livewire42, Viola the Mad, Snipee, Loel, Archaeology Hat

D — India — :(

E — The Steppe — 4 — AJ_Impy, Crazycryodude, Admiral Joeslop, SirPhoebos

C wins handily. The renaissance will spawn somewhere within the Elissid Crowns, with higher weighting given to cities such as Olorixana, Seleukia, Tyros, Damascus etc.

Vote 2 begins below