Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sancho Banana posted:

Moreover, the paranoia about a hypothetical "reverse genocide" should a Palestinian one-state solution ever occur among Israelis is another form of projection. 

This is almost absolutely universal in societies where one ethnic group has absolute power over another. See Apartheid South Africa, see Northern Ireland pre-Good Friday Agreement.
The oppressor always argues that the status quo has to be maintained because the moment it isn't, the oppressed will do to them what they have been doing for decades to the oppressed.
It's a tacit acknowledgement that they are brutalizing an ethnic group, and that natural justice requires punishment.
The fact that previously oppressed groups have successfully managed to negotiate non-violent forms of co-existance with their former oppressors never seems to matter to these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/snarwani/status/1725859238805705199

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mean Baby posted:

Israel definitely killed more civilians than Hamas on Oct 7.

whether they killed more or fewer it seems clear the idf's only operating mode is "as chaotic and murderous as possible"

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Just normal country things. Jesus christ

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Pookah posted:

This is almost absolutely universal in societies where one ethnic group has absolute power over another. See Apartheid South Africa, see Northern Ireland pre-Good Friday Agreement.
The oppressor always argues that the status quo has to be maintained because the moment it isn't, the oppressed will do to them what they have been doing for decades to the oppressed.
It's a tacit acknowledgement that they are brutalizing an ethnic group, and that natural justice requires punishment.
The fact that previously oppressed groups have successfully managed to negotiate non-violent forms of co-existance with their former oppressors never seems to matter to these people.

Yup. Also see America before the Civil War, where a common argument against the abolition of slavery was that white genocide would happen.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

lmao

lmao (demons)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

smoobles posted:

Hoboken is pretty bad

try hohokus

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
bustin' makes me feel good

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

Those IDF Sergeants aren't ACTUAL Sergeants, in a literal sense, the rank is absolutely meaningless and changes nothing. The idea of pulling rank on anyone, both their fellow troops and foreign troops, wouldn't even occur to them and they certainly wouldn't have the guts to try. An Israeli Sergeant trying to pull rank on a Corporal or Private would be like a 6 year old trying to give commands to a 5 year old using his age.

A six year old would absolutely try that, though

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Netanyahu is having a mental breakdown ranting and raving right now.

Also, the Lich King Biden wants to put his puppet in control of Gaza:-

================================================

Biden: The Palestinian Authority should govern the West Bank and Gaza
US President Joe Biden said that Gaza and the West Bank should be reunited under one governance structure and administered by the Palestinian Authority after the end of the Israeli war on Gaza.

In an opinion article published by the Washington Post, he called on the international community to establish a reconstruction mechanism to meet Gaza’s needs in the long term and in a sustainable manner, stressing that civilians should not be forcibly displaced from Gaza.

He stressed that the United States is ready to issue a visa ban on "extremists" who attack civilians in the West Bank.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6047551

JOE B: Fat I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[FAT nods]
JOE B: You KNOW I love democracy
FAT: Absolutely
JOE B: BUT!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Sancho Banana posted:

Yup. Also see America before the Civil War, where a common argument against the abolition of slavery was that white genocide would happen.

haiti was so cool and awesome it put the fear of god into white people

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sancho Banana posted:

The horrible thing about this theory, is that it depends on the oppressor, at some level knowing they are wrong, but instead of admitting fault and trying make up for past crimes, they choose to commit crimes even harder to try to stop the victims from ever fighting back.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

what a pussy coward bitch

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

"as people sometimes do" is doing a lot of work here

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

haiti was so cool and awesome it put the fear of god into white people

whitey never forgave them for it either

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hahaha wtf

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/11/18/joe-biden-gaza-hamas-putin/

this whole oped is psychotic

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Lord of Pie posted:

Nope, France took $570ish million off impoverished Haiti up until the early '90s to reimburse French citizens for the loss of their Haitian slaves.

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
So just to be clear.

Yemen (Houthis)
Hezbollah (Lebanon)
And half rear end-ly Algeria are the only Arabs that have spoken up/ doing somethin?

https://x.com/algerianspy/status/1724169541020696869?s=46

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Voice of Labor posted:

when 4/5 posters also come on board that the rothschilds and the murdochs and everyone holding stock in raytheon are also hitler 2, we could make some progress towards having a hitler free world instead of disavowing the current hitler while also funding and arming his hitler successor

Half of this sub probably has shares in MIC companies through vanguard or blackrock.

Sancho Banana posted:

Absolutely surreal that the grandaddy of the western colonial world order is better about this than the rest of europe. Cortes and Pizzaro are rolling in their grave (good).

About half of Europe recognizes Palestine. Which half?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lord of Pie posted:

they fully paid france off finally after like 230 years of unjust reparations for stealing themselves from their owners iirc.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al! posted:

joe-biden-gaza-hamas-putin

I've never been less enticed by a URL in my life

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Sancho Banana posted:

"joe biden put-ins his hamas into gaza" - xvideos.com

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

CheetoVonTito posted:

So just to be clear.

Yemen (Houthis)
Hezbollah (Lebanon)
And half rear end-ly Algeria are the only Arabs that have spoken up/ doing somethin?

Assad made a strong statement but little else.

US bases in both Iraq and Syria have been under regular attack in the last month and a half, if that counts for doing something

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Weka posted:

Half of this sub probably has shares in MIC companies through vanguard or blackrock.

Lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

CheetoVonTito posted:

So just to be clear.

Yemen (Houthis)
Hezbollah (Lebanon)

iirc the Taliban said they would march on Jerusalem if the countries in between would grant them passage

anything to get out of the office

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

CheetoVonTito posted:

So just to be clear.

Yemen (Houthis)
Hezbollah (Lebanon)

The Iraqi PMUs are attacking US bases in sympathy as well

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sancho Banana posted:

it's literally an op-ed written by "joe biden" lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Today, the world faces an inflection point, where the choices we make — including in the crises in Europe and the Middle East — will determine the direction of our future for generations to come.

What will our world look like on the other side of these conflicts?

Will we deny Israel the ability to carry out pure, unadulterated evil?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Weka posted:

Why doesn’t Armenia recognize Palestine?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ik edit: apparently there are very bad videos in the replies, do not scroll in Twitter

https://x.com/DrTedros/status/1725970286237843536?s=20

quote:

Today @WHO led a very high risk @UN assessment mission to Al-Shifa hospital in #Gaza.

The team saw a hospital no longer able to function: no water, no food, no electricity, no fuel, medical supplies depleted.

Given this deplorable situation and the condition of many patients, including babies, health workers requested support to evacuate patients who cannot receive lifesaving care there anymore.

We are working with partners to develop an urgent evacuation plan and ask for full facilitation of this plan.

We continue to call for protection of health and of civilians. The current situation is unbearable and unjustifiable.

Ceasefire. NOW.

Somebody has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Nov 19, 2023

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

PawParole posted:

Why doesn’t Armenia recognize Palestine?

because Azerbaijan does

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Perry Mason Jar posted:

US bases in both Iraq and Syria have been under regular attack in the last month and a half, if that counts for doing something

I'm fine with letting nonstate groups do the fighting. it's the same "I'm not touching you" horseshit 'merica does with private defense contracting and special ops and extraordinary rendition. if you need to let the militia fight and keep the regular army out so that you can maintain a superior position in the eyes of "international law", so be it. that's the poo poo world capitalist imperialism has left us with and the righteous oppressed people of the world will always use whatever tools are left better than their demon oppressors

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hell yeah, visa bans! No more MALARKEY!!

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
I hope Israel goes to war with the USA

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

just burger posting some american columnist like there are no rules

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

something that would actually get me to enlist in the us army

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
apologies in advance

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I am not yet prepared to fight the United States and the whole world too. Preparations are in progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Somewhere in Tel-Aviv there's a brigadier general in the psy ops division trying to figure out how Palestinians are so good at this media stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UbjgjfYC-I

uber_stoat posted:

apologies in advance

Eli?