Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Trump?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 50.00%
No 1 50.00%
Total: 2 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

i had a job the entire time trump was president

a year out from biden's incumbent run and i'm unemployed

it ain't even a choice.

you should try not getting laid off :chaostrump:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you should try not getting laid off :chaostrump:

3/4 of the way there!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
(not having read lald's resume) :yooge: FBI? very impressive. very impressive

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Do posts in this thread count as votes for trmup

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Lib and let die posted:

i had a job the entire time trump was president

a year out from biden's incumbent run and i'm unemployed

it ain't even a choice.

Hopefully your lack of efforts make the difference and Trump wins this one. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Weka posted:

Hopefully your lack of efforts make the difference and Trump wins this one. Thank you for your sacrifice.

oh scott brighton is absolutely going to destroy VAN. the democrats are already doing test campaigns between them and actblue as of the other day, so things are getting pretty concerning for all parties involved

https://twitter.com/laurenm/status/1724816428514111893

meanwhile, i'm just trying to find a job while i :sickos: from the outside and shitpost in the alum slack

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Nov 18, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1726030706592350350

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LMFAO

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

My President.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:swoon:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

always believed in him

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Hell yeah lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
He's a man of the people.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that's why I love em. he's my favorite president.

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.
sorry, posted this in the wrong thread

Coin has issued a correction as of 22:50 on Dec 22, 2023

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Coin posted:

The Growth Mindset & Best Music of 2023
December 17, 2023
I received several direct emails from Bonterrans after my last blog – some from people I know, and some from people that I haven’t met before. The theme was consistent: people expressing a desire to learn and grow with a willingness to put themselves out there and take on new challenges. These are people embracing the possibilities of what “one Bonterra” unlocks for everyone; a broad palette of personal and professional growth opportunities for those with the ambition, curiosity, and passionate energy to take it on. Every one of them is now on my radar.
I can’t express enough how happy I am to get these kinds of notes. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing people grow and emerge as leaders; it’s one of my favorite parts of being a CEO. And one of the biggest predictors of seeing that happen for someone – more important even than raw talent – is a growth mindset. In a growth mindset, you have the fervent belief that nothing is fixed. That you can become anything you want through hard work, voracious curiosity, and a resilience that interprets occasional setbacks and failures as important learning opportunities that will serve you well in time.
This graphic provides a good summary of the growth mindset and how it differs from a ‘fixed’ mindset.
I saw some commentary on Slack this week that struck me as illustrative of these differences, with one person commenting: “Seeing coworkers bounced to new teams, titles and managers lately reminds me of the importance of a contract.” I understand the sentiment here, but would humbly offer that this is representative of a ‘fixed mindset’ in that it interprets change as struggle. It’s certainly one way to view the world, but I would gently and respectfully offer that over the long-term it won’t serve you as well as a growth mindset.
And what I’m offering here is simply optional advice and encouragement. This is not a union vs non-union thing; everyone, independent of your circumstances, gets to make their own decision about what they want to do with their life and how they want to approach their careers. Irrespective of where you came from and whether you seek a long-term career at Bonterra or not, a growth mindset will put you in the best position to thrive as a person and a professional.
The reason I’m offering this encouragement is that, particularly in technology, things change fast and will always be changing. It will never stop. If you decide to stop, your position will inevitably weaken over time as the world continues to move forward. As an anonymous quote puts it: “To the person in a strong position, every change is an opportunity. To the person in a weak position, every change is a struggle just to stay in the game. Win the decade, not the day.” Dive headfirst into change and growth with curiosity, passion, and resilience. If you do, great things are in store for you.
For those interested in learning more about a growth mindset, I highly recommend the writings of Carol Dweck. She also has Ted talks you can watch online.
= = = = = =
While many people hate them, I absolutely love end of year “best of” lists. And as some of you may know, in my youth I was a drummer in a rock band and briefly considered a career as a musician. While I stopped playing in bands actively many years ago, I remain a passionate music fan and, to the consternation of my wife Coleen, audiophile. Here are my top 5 favorite albums released in 2023. Would love to hear yours in the comments!
5/ Queens of the Stone Age – In Times New Roman. Picking up right where they left off. Nothing like a Josh Homme riff.
4/ PJ Harvey – I Inside The Old Year Dying. One of my favorite artists of all time, with a capital “A”. A more experimental effort reflecting her recent work in poetry.
3/ Blondshell – Blondshell. Super fun, 90s style indie rock and my favorite debut album of the year.
2/ Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit – Weathervanes. Consistently one of the strongest songwriters working today. This one rocks a bit harder than his more contemplative recent efforts.
1/ boygenuis – The Record. Released early in the year, nothing knocked it off the perch as my favorite album of 2023. A super group that really delivers.
Honorable mention on albums by Lana Del Ray, The Hives, Rival Sons, Wednesday, and super long-in-the-tooth artists like Sparks and The Damned. I also loved the remix of The Replacements' “Tim” that came out this year. It’s rare that a remix changes a record - this one absolutely does.

this is a very cool message to read from someone who laid off 30% of the company,

it's spelled Trump

Weka
May 5, 2019

Coin posted:

The Growth Mindset & Best Music of 2023
December 17, 2023
I received several direct emails from Bonterrans after my last blog – some from people I know, and some from people that I haven’t met before. The theme was consistent: people expressing a desire to learn and grow with a willingness to put themselves out there and take on new challenges. These are people embracing the possibilities of what “one Bonterra” unlocks for everyone; a broad palette of personal and professional growth opportunities for those with the ambition, curiosity, and passionate energy to take it on. Every one of them is now on my radar.
I can’t express enough how happy I am to get these kinds of notes. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing people grow and emerge as leaders; it’s one of my favorite parts of being a CEO. And one of the biggest predictors of seeing that happen for someone – more important even than raw talent – is a growth mindset. In a growth mindset, you have the fervent belief that nothing is fixed. That you can become anything you want through hard work, voracious curiosity, and a resilience that interprets occasional setbacks and failures as important learning opportunities that will serve you well in time.
This graphic provides a good summary of the growth mindset and how it differs from a ‘fixed’ mindset.
I saw some commentary on Slack this week that struck me as illustrative of these differences, with one person commenting: “Seeing coworkers bounced to new teams, titles and managers lately reminds me of the importance of a contract.” I understand the sentiment here, but would humbly offer that this is representative of a ‘fixed mindset’ in that it interprets change as struggle. It’s certainly one way to view the world, but I would gently and respectfully offer that over the long-term it won’t serve you as well as a growth mindset.
And what I’m offering here is simply optional advice and encouragement. This is not a union vs non-union thing; everyone, independent of your circumstances, gets to make their own decision about what they want to do with their life and how they want to approach their careers. Irrespective of where you came from and whether you seek a long-term career at Bonterra or not, a growth mindset will put you in the best position to thrive as a person and a professional.
The reason I’m offering this encouragement is that, particularly in technology, things change fast and will always be changing. It will never stop. If you decide to stop, your position will inevitably weaken over time as the world continues to move forward. As an anonymous quote puts it: “To the person in a strong position, every change is an opportunity. To the person in a weak position, every change is a struggle just to stay in the game. Win the decade, not the day.” Dive headfirst into change and growth with curiosity, passion, and resilience. If you do, great things are in store for you.
For those interested in learning more about a growth mindset, I highly recommend the writings of Carol Dweck. She also has Ted talks you can watch online.
= = = = = =
While many people hate them, I absolutely love end of year “best of” lists. And as some of you may know, in my youth I was a drummer in a rock band and briefly considered a career as a musician. While I stopped playing in bands actively many years ago, I remain a passionate music fan and, to the consternation of my wife Coleen, audiophile. Here are my top 5 favorite albums released in 2023. Would love to hear yours in the comments!
5/ Queens of the Stone Age – In Times New Roman. Picking up right where they left off. Nothing like a Josh Homme riff.
4/ PJ Harvey – I Inside The Old Year Dying. One of my favorite artists of all time, with a capital “A”. A more experimental effort reflecting her recent work in poetry.
3/ Blondshell – Blondshell. Super fun, 90s style indie rock and my favorite debut album of the year.
2/ Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit – Weathervanes. Consistently one of the strongest songwriters working today. This one rocks a bit harder than his more contemplative recent efforts.
1/ boygenuis – The Record. Released early in the year, nothing knocked it off the perch as my favorite album of 2023. A super group that really delivers.
Honorable mention on albums by Lana Del Ray, The Hives, Rival Sons, Wednesday, and super long-in-the-tooth artists like Sparks and The Damned. I also loved the remix of The Replacements' “Tim” that came out this year. It’s rare that a remix changes a record - this one absolutely does.

this is a very cool message to read from someone who laid off 30% of the company,

been saying this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

thank you for bumping this. watching this & lolling again

Weka
May 5, 2019

Smythe posted:

thank you for bumping this. watching this & lolling again

I hope those are the lols of a genuine unironic trump supporter and voter

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

I hope those are the lols of a genuine unironic trump supporter and voter

if it could be proven otherwise there would be severe consequences

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Weka posted:

been saying this

this person needs to kill himself.

someone needs to spread this dung far & wide across the internet.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Dec 23, 2023

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

what are you, a child, with a temper tantrum, who needs a "contract" or a "union"?

watch this ted talk instead about becoming anyone you want to be, even after I lay you off next month.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

:emptyquote:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

what are you, a child, with a temper tantrum, who needs a "contract" or a "union"?

watch this ted talk instead about becoming anyone you want to be, even after I lay you off next month.

That's my former boss and owner of NGP VAN, Scott Brighton

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

That's my former boss and owner of NGP VAN, Scott Brighton

yah, I figured.

thank your lucky stars you got laid off with a tool like this leading the company.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

yah, I figured.

thank your lucky stars you got laid off with a tool like this leading the company.

It's... complicated.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

there's so much succage in that year-end message, and the passive-aggressive tone is the lib cowshit cherry on the cake.

he even sounds like :dementia: with the "if we set our minds to it, we can accomplish anything*" pep speech.

* unions & contract workers not included in this offer.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ngl, that's like a trigger for memories of every rear end in a top hat I've worked for over the last half century.

I guarantee he sexually assaulted underlings before it became unfashionable to do so; I can smell that stench thru pixels.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

He's a real piece of poo poo and I'm glad to be rid of him

Weka
May 5, 2019

speng31b posted:

if it could be proven otherwise there would be severe consequences

New CSPAM rule!

Willa Rogers posted:

Lol you read that? I tried reading bits but my mind just slid off it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Weka posted:

New CSPAM rule!

Lol you read that? I tried reading bits but my mind just slid off it.

Hell I miss reading them

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I stopped at his year-end list, bc I don't give a poo poo what he listens to.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
trump

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

love that guy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

[affirmatively] it's spelled trump

Weka
May 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/415545490688598016?t=7tnX_cNHfZFJs7b0TFVqrA&s=19