Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elviscat posted:

56 fuckin' years ago NASA designed a rocket that could go to the moon, and launched it 13 times, it exploded exactly 0 of those times. LMAO.

I'd say it was also designed by a Nazi, but lol at Elon designing anything.

Other than the 14 or so launches that exploded before the first manned flights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qeX98tAS8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

priznat posted:

Well it's a good thing nasa never had any launches explode catastrophically! That would be bad.

If you think about it real hard, lots of things I didn't say are just like things I said, you're right.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Azhais posted:

Hey that was outside of the 13 launches mentioned so they do not count

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Aliens showed us about terraforming in 1986.

Yes, it's a remarkable piece of machinery. Weyland Yutani manufactures them you know. But Carter Burke, the company guy, was a greedy rear end in a top hat who sabotaged the whole mission to make a buck. And he died.

See my previous posts about greed.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Azhais posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qeX98tAS8

Lol, ok.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
everyone already knows that NPR is wack but i was listening in the car today and they were talking about how the rocket blowing up today was actually great news for spacex lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

LMAO I am sure being bombarded by ads from right wing freaks will just push more people off the platform. Nice death spiral u got there elon

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

The kind of guys Musk is signal boosting:

They were singing "No moors, Spain's not a zoo" just the other day.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Timcast.com will save twitter

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Steadiman posted:

Timcast.com will save twitter

gonna have to sell a lot of branded beanies

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This is getting pretty hilarious. He just keeps digging, boring?, himself into the ground.

When he kept his mouth reasonably shut a decade ago people thought he was a genius and he should have kept it that way. Then he became a cult of personality, probably enticed by witnessing Trump's literal cult.

Insane greed damages the brain.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

What kind of distinctly right-wing companies are there that could stem the bleeding? The NRA or something? A gun company? Mike Pillow is out of money so not him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tarkus posted:

What kind of distinctly right-wing companies are there that could stem the bleeding? The NRA or something? A gun company? Mike Pillow is out of money so not him.
The people behind the Babylon Bee pledged $250K

So yeah, he’s hosed

kru
Oct 5, 2003

You'll all be crying when they up it to a whole $500k

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Tuck has 40 episodes now? lol at the new BIRDFILES #84508.....32408. no one cares Tuck, that musk npc bark is just that. an npc bark.

also lol at the beta male podcast crew talking about ad buys. yeah thats what people want, white potato #43779....845975 screaming about woke.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Elman posted:

The kind of guys Musk is signal boosting:

They were singing "No moors, Spain's not a zoo" just the other day.
lmao Elon is gonna accidentally quote tweet a picture of Isabel Peralta if he keeps up with that angle, she has such lovely opinions like

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

gonna save money by not paying Linda's salary

#rip Linda👩🏻 #sports #hotdog

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tarkus posted:

I mean

quote:

Among the think tanks and public policy organizations Charles and David Koch have been involved in, and/or provided funding to include: the Cato Institute (they provided the initial funding), the Federalist Society (they are key donors).[108] They also support, or are members of, the Mercatus Center,[109] the Institute for Humane Studies,[109] the Institute for Justice,[110] the Institute for Energy Research,[111] The Heritage Foundation,[112] the Manhattan Institute,[112] the Reason Foundation,[109] the George C. Marshall Institute,[113] the American Enterprise Institute,[113] and the Fraser Institute,[114][115] and the Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust.[116][117]

Coors could, DeVos fam could…

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Haven't checked in for a while, how is #Sports doing on this fine Saturday evening?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

mannerup posted:

lmao Elon is gonna accidentally quote tweet a picture of Isabel Peralta if he keeps up with that angle, she has such lovely opinions like

It just hit me how the gently caress does someone come to hate jews in 2023?

There is like 23 million jews in the world. It's a tiny number of people. Unless you have visited or lived in New York, Florida, Hollywood, or Israel there is a really good chance you've literally never met a jew. Hating an entire group of people you've never met a single one of us or not involved whatsoever in any way to limit you or your life is some peak lack of thinking for yourself. It's not like as an entire religion they promote aggressively or have really violent and anti-social behaviors.

I genuinely don't see how you become radicalized against jews unless you're a dumb as a rock reactionary dipshit or a Palestinian (which is a completely different topic) in 2023. I can understand Nazi Germany for instance because they had a wealthy but small community and Germans wanted an easy scapegoat for WW1.

Some jew out in hollywood isn't making your life hard.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 19, 2023

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1411436683686387712

Seriously, what the gently caress is Starship? It doesn't appear to have any coherent design goal besides whatever Elon vomits up any random day.

What is he talking about, there's no way it could do that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
supposedly one of the other bad things South Park bought back was open antisemitism , but ironic edgeyness. and we all know irony never becomes real.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If apple was really spending $100 million on Twitter per year that seems incredibly dumb unless they are getting something in return behind the scenes.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lmfao

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Philonius posted:

Or life starting is a 1 in a trillion chance. With the amount of stars in the universe that means we're not alone, but we might be the only ones in the galaxy.

Or life starts pretty much anywhere the conditions are right.

Either is possible. We have no clue at this point.

Even if it's a 1 in a trillion chance, that's still billions of planets with life out there.

None of them may be close enough to be relevant on human time scales, but the sheer number of stars makes anything that's a random occurrence a statistical certainty. They are out there.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Even if it's a 1 in a trillion chance, that's still billions of planets with life out there.

None of them may be close enough to be relevant on human time scales, but the sheer number of stars makes anything that's a random occurrence a statistical certainty. They are out there.

That doesn't even matter. Life existed on this planet for hundreds of millions of years, in spectacular profusion.

Dinosaurs, people.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I genuinely don't see how you become radicalized against jews unless you're a [b]dumb as a rock reactionary dipshit

It's that.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Some jew out in hollywood isn't making your life hard.

But also many people go out of their way looking for someone to hate. They find online or IRL echo chambers that reenforce their views and further radicalize them.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

DickParasite posted:

It's that.

But also many people go out of their way looking for someone to hate. They find online or IRL echo chambers that reenforce their views and further radicalize them.

Which I get but it's like. Say 1930's Germany. Sure, you're poor as poo poo. The depression sucked. The jewish family who owns the store down the street is doing OK. You're jealous. Things are poo poo. Then you hear how they stabbed the germans in the back. Wouldn't it be nice if they were responsible for all my problems...? I get why hate can fester into a person like that.

Cut to 2023. America. Or even Europe. You're realistically not going to know a lot of jews unless you live or frequently visit certain areas. There isn't a jewish store owner down the street. Some jew out in hollywood or in the middle east isn't responsible at all for your eCoNoMiC aNxIeTy or making your life hard. There is nothing tangible at all there. Unless it's Dark Lord Soros I guess (peace be upon him). It's just lazy hatred that falls to pieces with a moments consideration and I'm shocked enough people fall for that poo poo in 2023.

You know who's objectively making my life hard? The republican party. The democratic party to a significantly lesser extent.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 19, 2023

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Unless you have visited or lived in New York, Florida, Hollywood, or Israel there is a really good chance you've literally never met a jew

hmm

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Which I get but it's like. Say 1930's Germany. Sure, you're poor as poo poo. The depression sucked. The jewish family who owns the store down the street is doing OK. You're jealous. Things are poo poo. Then you hear how they stabbed the germans in the back. Wouldn't it be nice if they were responsible for all my problems...? I get why hate can fester into a person like that.

Cut to 2023. America. Or even Europe. You're realistically not going to know a lot of jews unless you live or frequently visit certain areas. There isn't a jewish store owner down the street. Some jew out in hollywood or in the middle east isn't responsible at all for your eCoNoMiC aNxIeTy or making your life hard. Unless it's Dark Lord Soros I guess (peace be upon him). It's just lazy hatred that falls to pieces with a moments consideration and I'm shocked enough people fall for that poo poo in 2023.

You know who's objectively making my life hard? The republican party. The democratic party to a significantly lesser extent.

I don't get it either but lots of people think Satan is loving with them on a daily basis. Like you gotta think if Satan were real he'd be thinking a bit more strategically than tempting jim bob with some skin mags at the gas station but not according to Real Americans.

On the other hand it's difficult to know if reactionaries actually believe anything they're saying.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Sucks they lost apple and IBM and ya know everyone else but at least they have timcast dot com lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

holtemon posted:

Sucks they lost apple and IBM and ya know everyone else but at least they have timcast dot com lmao

upgrading from Tim Apple to Tim Pool

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Finally, more ads for conservative upsell products because "everything is too drat woke"!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I live in Alabama. Not exactly a major population state. The population of my city is 250k The metro of my city is ~500k. The 3rd most populated nation of jews is France at 448k. The 5th is the UK at 250k. Nearly twice the number of people live around my city than all the jews in a relatively major cosmopolitan nation. Just saying, it's a pretty tiny population of people world wide comparatively. Unless you live in Palestine or certain areas listed the idea they are having any effect on your life or your experiences is extremely tenuous as gently caress. It takes a lot of lazy lack of thinking for yourself to reach that conclusion.

The idea some vatnik out in Vladivostok or some bigot in Spain (population 13,000) railing against the jews and how hard it's making their life just makes zero loving sense to me.

That's like me blaming Australians for America's problems. Which to be fair, gently caress Australia and they can take their vegemite back where they came from.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

hmm I'm starting to think bigotry isn't entirely rational

concerning

looking into it

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’ve met jewish people irl. true story

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

upgrading from Tim Apple to Tim Pool

Wouldn’t you rather have your own pool than just an apple? Check mate wokes

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Nelson Mandingo posted:

It's just lazy hatred that falls to pieces with a moments consideration and I'm shocked enough people fall for that poo poo in 2023.

White supremacists still bang on about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a 120 year old piece of antisemitic Russian propaganda. There's a ton of people out there who are dumber than poo poo, and plenty of people who have a vested interest into feeding bullshit into their idiot brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Unless you have visited or lived in New York, Florida, Hollywood, or Israel there is a really good chance you've literally never met a jew.

This is extremely false