Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ai generated person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
it's gonna be the very best and perfect deal of all time

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Blarghalt posted:

to be entirely fair, 90% of america's problems stem from the union failing to do a 19th-century Cultural Revolution upon the South immediately after the civil war's conclusion. For Irsael, you'd probably need to put the entire israeli air force on trial at the hague, at the least

You burger brained liberal, America was already a colonial, mass genocide committing pile of particularly nasty poo poo in ALL parts before the civil war. Go read what Lincoln thought of black people. Even if the entire south just disappeared, America would have continued on it's current path of being number 2 or 3 worst country ever, like it's not the peculiar institution that makes America support Israel it's capitalism and the lessons learned from number one worst state Britain subjugating locals.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

lmao biden absolutely killed any potential deal & will not remember that he did it by tomorrow.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

lmao biden absolutely killed any potential deal & will not remember that he did it by tomorrow.

Netanyahu has killed all the negotiations so far and why wouldn’t he? the US will continue to back his genocide and he knows as soon as it ends he’ll be out of government and maybe prosecuted for dozens of fraud charges.

unless the US is willing to pull support, which everyone knows is not going to happen, there is no reason for Israel to deescalate

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Joementum posted:

Netanyahu has killed all the negotiations so far and why wouldn’t he? the US will continue to back his genocide and he knows as soon as it ends he’ll be out of government and maybe prosecuted for dozens of fraud charges.

unless the US is willing to pull support, which everyone knows is not going to happen, there is no reason for Israel to deescalate

yeah, this seems most likely. they're going to just say the negotiations broke down because it's hamas's fault as a propaganda thing, if there were any to begin with

we're in "gee we're trying so hard to stop the violence can't you see" mode now

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Israel's got it made: a lapdog senile president, a compliant media that credulously reports their bullshit as fact (though that's been cracking a little lately), and they can use their identity and the history of the Holocaust as a shield against any criticism - it's "antisemitic" to criticize Israel in any way or to suggest that an apartheid state shouldn't exist. If a """"pause"""" did happen they know the media would be primed to believe it was Hamas "terrorists". So yeah...I guess if I were a murderous psychopath like Netanyahu I'd keep pushing too.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Blarghalt posted:

to be entirely fair, 90% of america's problems stem from the union failing to do a 19th-century Cultural Revolution upon the South immediately after the civil war's conclusion. For Irsael, you'd probably need to put the entire israeli air force on trial at the hague, at the least

America was bad before it was even officially formed much less just since the American Civil War. Everything about America is fruit from a poisonous tree. Same thing with Israel. You can't reform an ethnostate into something worthwhile even if they move leftward on like worker laws or something.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

netanyahu is probably setting up biden as the scapegoat for a 'stabbed in the back' narrative. oh we would have defeated hamas if it wasn't for the communist democrat siding with the terrorists. then genocide joe can lose both the muslim vote and the zionist vote in 2024

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

uber_stoat posted:

43 and only a Sergeant in the IDF? did he get caught loving a goat on duty or something.

Fizzy's article is paywalled for me, but every source I'm seeing says he was a Master Sergeant.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

And even those are too cowardly to even sign their names (as far as I know) to be counted as those who are against genocide. The only people taking a clear moral stance on Israel are the leftists protesting in the streets around the world.

I would say many if not most of these protesters are liberals.

Centrist Committee posted:

hamas maybe. everyone else just doesn’t want war. abby martin had someone on from lebanon recently who explained how the northern front has climbed the escalation ladder from border skirmishes to farther and farther inland both directions. my take is that, outside of the immediate region anyway, the initial adrenaline surge has worn off. there’s an enormous gravitational attraction toward normalization but I just don’t think it can hold. israels got to stand down but that’s impossible so it’s just gonna keep spreading

Hezbollah and Ansur Allah might not be launching the same mass of rocketry and drones as Hamas but it still has an effect. I think they are both ok with war, heck in the case of Ansur Allah it probably gives them a renewed supply of munitions after Iran backed off from the conflict.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/barf_sounds/status/1726072585731838004?s=46

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

is this deal the same "pause" poo poo for a few days then back to genocide assuming it even holds past 5 minutes

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

HallelujahLee posted:

is this deal the same "pause" poo poo for a few days then back to genocide assuming it even holds past 5 minutes

There's not a deal so

https://twitter.com/NSC_Spox/status/1726064620387897370

Who knows

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

lmaooooo

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Double post for double death to Israel and America

Weka
May 5, 2019

Sancho Banana posted:

Fizzy's article is paywalled for me, but every source I'm seeing says he was a Master Sergeant.

Try this website

https://archive.ph/

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

that’s a pro tip, thanks

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

yeah, you’re right - saying Biden killed a potential deal implies both parties were actually interested in pursuing it.

now the spin can be “we would’ve had a deal, but alas it was announced prematurely and hamas took advantage, so we have to go back to the bargaining table while continuing to grind Gaza to dust”
grim stuff.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's incredible that Hamas has achieved so much chaos simply by revealing fake tunnels labeled #1 and #3

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Israel is so incredibly bad at the PR game. Also, why are they attacking the UN? The UN has been deepthroating Israel and giving them a reach around since the beginning? :confused:

https://twitter.com/israel/status/1725503592361062804

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

how can Hamas even negotiate with America? like, mechanically. whatever you dial in to the call on is going to have a missile dropped on it in minutes after the nsa traces your device location and gives it to israel.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Best Friends posted:

how can Hamas even negotiate with America? like, mechanically. whatever you dial in to the call on is going to have a missile dropped on it in minutes after the nsa traces your device location and gives it to israel.

There are Hamas leaders out of the country specifically for things like this. Also there’s still a lot of Ham Radios in use, Probably CB, and sat phones.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 04:14 on Nov 19, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

The article says Sergeant, but I think they made a mistake. Every other source plus the IDF themselves says Master Sergeant.

https://www.idf.il/%D7%A0%D7%95%D7%...92%D7%9E%D7%99/

Plus, it's literally impossible to finish your mandatory service as a man without reaching Staff Sergeant.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Yeah go figure the deals always die killed by israel

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

HallelujahLee posted:

Yeah go figure the deals always die killed by israel

you don't understand that wasn't a deal it was a palestinian toddler

i mean i mean i mean it was a hamas commando

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

man, biden sure does have a way with pets

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Ugh I inadvertently watched the (alleged) gun camera footage from the Apache helicopters that murdered civilians at that desert rave... It wasn't even on documentingreality or anything, it was right on Twitter in the comments of one of the articles confirming they caused significant casualties. It's horrific, basically 'Collateral Murder 2'. :(

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

kazmeyer posted:

you don't understand that wasn't a deal it was a palestinian toddler

i mean i mean i mean it was a hamas commando

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rainbow Knight posted:

man, biden sure does have a way with pets

Lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

it’s hilarious that anyone thinks it matters if there were one rifle next to the mri or two rifles, compared to what Israel claimed would be in the hospital before they bombed it and killed all the children inside

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
"rearranged" weaponry

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Best Friends posted:

Yeah remember when the British tried to negotiate a ceasefire with the Taliban and when they told the US about it the Taliban delegation took a drone strike.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Joementum posted:

it’s hilarious that anyone thinks it matters if there were one rifle next to the mri or two rifles, compared to what Israel claimed would be in the hospital before they bombed it and killed all the children inside

we prefer the term rearranged all the children inside

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/benmackey/status/1726065746227409286

unfortunately not the incoming govt's position

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

FlapYoJacks posted:

Israel is so incredibly bad at the PR game. Also, why are they attacking the UN? The UN has been deepthroating Israel and giving them a reach around since the beginning? :confused:

UN is Hamas

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

RAAAGH AAAAAGH SHUT UP SHUT UP ENEMIES ALL AROUND ME ENEMIES ALL AROUND MEEEEEEE

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

FlapYoJacks posted:

This poo poo is always so nakedly cynical.

"Believe women" started as a call not to insulate men from consequences and to have empathy for individual women who came forward; not to have absolute creduluty for the atrocity propoganda of nation states and treat it as carte blanche for genocide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

crepeface posted:

UN is Hamas

and hamas is ISIS. you finally understand. welcome to z team