Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Heath posted:

The towers were down by 1:14 in the afternoon!! fool!!

They know :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

a sexual elk posted:

Smoked bird sucks rear end, the IPA of meat, loving beef jerky rear end wings. Go play an electric bass you lame rear end middle age dads

a sexual elk posted:

Just what I want to do on thanksgiving when my dipshit uncle in-law Cop decides to smoke some turkey, chew on a chunk of poo poo that tastes like wood for 20 minutes mmmmmmmm

a sexual elk posted:

Extra powder gravy I guess

a sexual elk posted:

Guess what, wanted to give my 3 year old something besides taters and stuffing so got him a chunk of ham, and surprise the uncles wife soaked and basted it in rum. So now I got a drunk 3 year old hammered full of taters and choking on bits of dry turkey every family member is feeding him under the table, like a dog

a sexual elk posted:

Thanks a lot smoked turkey dads

a sexual elk posted:

Starring Seth Green as the 3y/o

Same energy as this uncle imo

https://twitter.com/futurevictim_/status/1436921787254644740

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
wood tastes better than turkey.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

uber_stoat posted:

wood tastes better than turkey.

You really do take after your mom

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

a sexual elk posted:

Smoked bird sucks rear end, the IPA of meat, loving beef jerky rear end wings. Go play an electric bass you lame rear end middle age dads

Extremely normal to be this angry about smokers

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Thread:

https://twitter.com/AANDeloucas/status/1464734501779787776

https://twitter.com/AANDeloucas/status/1464737171844259840

tl;dr: Ea-Nāşir did nothing wrong.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Extremely normal to be this angry about smokers

Wanna know what the blanked post was

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I don't get it. I mean, that was an interesting look at the ancient copper trade, but I didn't see any part of that supporting the notion that the complaint was unjustified.

I feel like the author knows what he's talking about, and just left out the part where he explains clearly why he thinks what he thinks.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
referring to 1700s BCE as the 18th century feels wrong

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm not convinced we have enough evidence to assume the worst of Nanni.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
his very name is questionable

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

thatbastardken posted:

oh very good

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/BridgetStahovic/status/1725683417571062228

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Robert Evans is on the case

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Regalingualius posted:

Robert Evans is on the case

Wtf why? Does Jaws suck the cum out in the new movie?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Hyperlynx posted:

I don't get it. I mean, that was an interesting look at the ancient copper trade, but I didn't see any part of that supporting the notion that the complaint was unjustified.

I feel like the author knows what he's talking about, and just left out the part where he explains clearly why he thinks what he thinks.

I think the thing is basically that none of the other documentation we have suggests that Ea-Nasir was selling especially low-quality copper (and especially not poor quality as we understand it), the complaint is the outlier.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Because shark skin is so smooth, it causes instant ejaculation in any penis it comes into contact with :eng101:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

iwentdoodie posted:

No, no, I’m talking about the real Robert Evans

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

ELTON JOHN posted:

referring to 1700s BCE as the 18th century feels wrong

Yeah, there is such a thing as "18th century BCE", but leaving off the BCE just seems weird.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I absolutely respect the intention, but BCE is doing nobody any good. It's good to stop having Christianity baked into the time system, but we're still counting from the (probably incorrect) birth year of Christ.

On the other hand, switching to any other system would be a nightmare.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

We should switch to Star Trek stardates.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This topic is kind of an obsession of mine and this seems to be the correct answer. There were/ are so many different numbering systems and all picked/ pick fairly arbitrary starting points. This current calendar is widely accepted more than any previous ones. So, changing now would be both a nightmare and kinda pointless for the trouble.

However, I do agree that we should have a more all-encompassing dating system. Kurgesagt sells a Human Era calendar that just adds 10,000 years to the current date to account for the general beginning of civilization.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Knock knock

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

thatbastardken posted:

What?

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

The Discordian Calendar posted:

Today is Boomtime, the 30th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3189

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Nice

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

but we're still counting from the (probably incorrect) birth year of Christ.

Definitely incorrect; one of the gospels puts Jesus' birth as during the kingdom of Herod, but Herod died presumably around 4 BCE.

Although I'd actually argue that's a point in favor of sticking to BCE/CE; we're ultimately just talking fake bullshit anyway and counting up/down from a year where nothing of exceptional note happened, so let's just rip out the part of the date system that's never been right anyway!

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Biplane posted:

I say LOTR ages. Time to close the age of Christ and start something new.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Biplane posted:

In the original series star dates were completely random, except they need to be consistent within a single episode and count for a day. So star date 42167.5 would be the equivalent of noon and 42168.5 would be noon the next day, but the next episode might have the first captains log saying its star date 28954.3. I kinda wish they'd stuck with that instead of pinning it down to something people could tie to our timeline with exact dates.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I absolutely respect the intention, but BCE is doing nobody any good. It's good to stop having Christianity baked into the time system, but we're still counting from the (probably incorrect) birth year of Christ.

I propose dating history from the earliest confirmable historical date: The Ugarit Eclipse of March 5th, 1223 BC. Happy 3246, everyone.

Also, we should use a 13 month year with 28 day months, with an annual calendar-truing holiday every year, and two during leap years. I will not be taking any questions.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Who’s there?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

The word nani 何 (なに) in Japanese means "what."

as in:

my lord, the enemy clan are at our gates!

Nani?

edit: ah gently caress I played myself

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

I think the thing is basically that none of the other documentation we have suggests that Ea-Nasir was selling especially low-quality copper (and especially not poor quality as we understand it), the complaint is the outlier.

https://twitter.com/AANDeloucas/status/1464735961355628545

I think it's more that there is no evidence that Ea-Nasir was lying about the quality of the copper. He offered the messenger some low-quality copper for cheap and told him he could take it or leave it. It was perfectly normal to sell copper at different quality levels. Low-quality copper could still be refined; it just took more work.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Wikipedia's article on Year Zero posted:

In the preface to his Easter table, Dionysius stated that the "present year" was "the consulship of Probus Junior" which was also 525 years "since the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ". How he arrived at that number is unknown.

Wow thanks, Dionysius Exiguus, real champ.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
just divide the calendar into before right now and after right now

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

historiography was a mistake. time will now be marked in relation to celebrities and major events. this post was made during the third year of the presidency of Joe Biden, 25 years after the release of half-life

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
We need a proper cataclysmic event of truly global proportions so everybody left alive would agree to reset and synchronize their calendars to AE (after event) without concerns of cultural bias.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Do not think about the Event!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

boofhead posted:

historiography was a mistake. time will now be marked in relation to celebrities and major events. this post was made during the third year of the presidency of Joe Biden, 25 years after the release of half-life

Hey fellas, get a load of this moron who thinks half-life came out in 1988

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Juche calendar.