Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

1glitch0 posted:

Person sees The Iron Claw, goes to an indy show, leaves disappointed and confused that all the wrestlers were alive.

"Dear, where was the hellishly overbearing father figure forcing his children into early graves?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/jobbernationtv/status/1725590122484375702

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Breaking News: One of the best wrestlers in the world today, probably on most people's top 3, signs with AEW, WWE fans livid he's not going to NXT instead

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/bigbillywood/status/1724970430161723814

This type of poster is why it's impossible to engage with any AEW on twitter. Always going to have some weirdo in the comments going UH ACTUALLY THIS IS BAD AND IF I WAS TK I WOULDN'T DO IT

That's an incredible spot! Joe has a documented history of just walking away from jumping moves, and the guy sells it perfectly by spreading his arms in confusion in mid flight. Man I gotta watch this week's Dynamite.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I like that his avatar is Andre the Giant comically strangling Bob Uecker.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's an incredible spot! Joe has a documented history of just walking away from jumping moves, and the guy sells it perfectly by spreading his arms in confusion in mid flight. Man I gotta watch this week's Dynamite.

That's Serpentico wrestling as his unmasked persona btw. If you're not familiar with him he's wrestled well over 100 times for aew, and has a ton of really good matches, he's great at making people look like they've obliterated him like a looney tunes character.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

gdi we could have had billy brexit vs lexis king in front of 100 bussed in fans at the forsyth sportatorium

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Coolness Averted posted:

That's Serpentico wrestling as his unmasked persona btw. If you're not familiar with him he's wrestled well over 100 times for aew, and has a ton of really good matches, he's great at making people look like they've obliterated him like a looney tunes character.

Yeah I'm aware of Serpentico, but had no idea he was also doing appearances as non-Serpentico. Now it all makes more sense, guy owns.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I'm aware of Serpentico, but had no idea he was also doing appearances as non-Serpentico. Now it all makes more sense, guy owns.

Also Serpentico openly hates non Serpentico on twitter so he's really kayfabing that he's not him. He has actually jobbed to Samoa Joe as Ben Dejo in ROH so all three of his personas have lost to Joe.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Testekill posted:

Also Serpentico openly hates non Serpentico on twitter so he's really kayfabing that he's not him. He has actually jobbed to Samoa Joe as Ben Dejo in ROH so all three of his personas have lost to Joe.

I didn't know about the twitter beef, I love silly little stuff like that in wrestling.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Testekill posted:

Ben Dejo is an incredible jobber name

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/zumisushiroll/status/1726085869851824585

https://twitter.com/HurtKull/status/1726085472366322051

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MancXVI posted:

gdi we could have had billy brexit vs lexis king in front of 100 bussed in fans at the forsyth sportatorium

more like bussin fans, friend.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

serpentico and jon cruz are different people, OP. hope this helps

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Absurd how much face blindness some people have. Might as well confuse Mei Suruga and Mei St Michel

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

next you'll be saying Sami Zayn was El Generico. It's bullshit

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
This is an obvious troll effort but the thought that went into it made me laugh.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Didn’t basically every match have a video before it to explain the match and story?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn’t basically every match have a video before it to explain the match and story?

Yeah I haven't been watching any weekly shows for over a month, really since Wrestledream, and the packages caught me up just fine.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hangman and Swerve were too badass for some people.

The Reddit Pearlclutchers posted:

"This was trash. Hardcore wrestling has a poisoned chokehold on fans that just wanna see poo poo clearly being done to entertain them without making sense.
It's like the NPC tiktok trend of wrestling. It's just poo poo happening for response."

"Putting this on anyone's TV is empty headed dumb gently caress behavior. And AEW wonders why their viewer base isnt growing."

"This is just dumb, unsafe, ignorant as gently caress violence. This aint pro wrestling. Its exactly why AEW will stay in business for a very long time, but will never ever challenge WWE in any way. This match aint for me. Its was just loving stupid."

"I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they lose sponsors and some partners after this spot. No company wants to be associated with this level of violence, let alone someone drinking another man's blood in 2023. Also the timing of it where we just got out of a pandemic, and the whole thing of not spreading disease and all that, but sure let's give Hangman HIV/AIDs from drinking another man's blood."

"this, in a post pandemic era, was childishly stupid risk taking, ignorant to watch, and will turn off sponsors and families. That was, in my 30 years of watching wrestling, was about the most stupid, crude, gross match Ive ever seen. No, I dont think it will do jack poo poo for the company or either wrestler in the long run. But that's just my opinion. Im sure some loved it. To each his own. But for me, it did loving nothing. Just a garbage match."

"I remember watching extreme czw clips years ago and thinking that poo poo wasn’t even wrestling. Just a bunch of people with death wishes. But I genuinely never thought I’d see someone drink someone’s blood. How the hell did this pass creative? No way Tony knew about this and thought it would be a good idea"

"This made me check out of the PPV. This represents wrestling at its worst creatively."

"Bro, there is something wrong with the AEW culture where they feel its cool to put other peoples blood in their mouths. I lose a lot of respect for the guys who do this crap."

"I get the appeal of hardcore stuff and all, but AEW really needs to learn the limits to deathmatch spots before someone actually ends up dying in the ring/they get sued/both. Even putting the whole "Hangman literally drinking the blood" thing aside (that's a good way to catch some sort of illness), the sheer amount of blood that was coming from Swerve's head in the first place is just... loving hell."

"This was probably my final straw. I think I’m done with AEW.
They have done some serious damage to the reputation of all of modern professional wrestling as a whole."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

These people fear stubbed toes. I can’t relate

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dimebags Brain posted:

I get that the blood can put people off and that's fair enough, but loving lol at "before people die in the ring". What exactly in that match was any likelier to kill either guy than wrestling matches normally are?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I love my NPC tiktok trend of wrestling.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Why do I get the feeling that all of these "This match has forever and irreparably damaged the reputation of professional wrestling!" posts are coming from people who watch Attitude Era Raw on a loop without issue

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Jobber is low hanging fruit but:

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1726256576317808919

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the “last night set AEW back years” thing only works if your gimmick isn’t saying AEW is already the worst thing ever everyday

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

he’s saying aew has set wrestling as a whole back years, which is funny coming from such an ardent wwe stan

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Really gotta expand the tweet to get to this kicker: “As an AEW diehard since Day 1, it pains me to say it but I hope they do.”

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/fakenadine/status/1726276261658710265?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol petty vengeance against....? Punk? Sinclair? Dalton Castle? COLT!?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Really gotta expand the tweet to get to this kicker: “As an AEW diehard since Day 1, it pains me to say it but I hope they do.”

Nono, the best part is this: "Tony Con & AEW is doing their best to ruin what Vince McMahon created"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Vandar posted:

Nono, the best part is this: "Tony Con & AEW is doing their best to ruin what Vince McMahon created"

Well as we all know wrestling exclusively happened in bingo halls and bars until Vince McMahon personally invented stadiums in 1993

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love the tension in people's brains that they hate Tony's booking and think he's lost it, but that somehow Tony also hates his own booking and is only doing it to kill ROH to spite CM Punk.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I love the tension in people's brains that they hate Tony's booking and think he's lost it, but that somehow Tony also hates his own booking and is only doing it to kill ROH to spite CM Punk.

I think it's one of those like "My enemy is both pathetic and weak but also overwhelmingly powerful" sort of things.

Thus you get people like Jobbernation who'll argue in the same breath that AEW is so pathetic that nobody on earth cares about them but also they're singlehandedly destroying the entire concept of professional wrestling.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

I’m the guy implying swerve has aids

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They will need to send Battleship New Jersey to dry dock after all the damage Deej causes.

https://twitter.com/PayPerReView/status/1726362969208938960

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I've been listening to The Podcasters a bit lately, maybe gonna make a video about it, but to spoil the thesis of the whole video basically what they like to do is to describe what happens on an AEW show in a whiny tone of voice and then make a shocked face and say "WHU? THAT MAKES NO SENSE" which only reads as a burn on AEW if you're already biased towards that opinion but if you're not it reads like they're actually too stupid to follow the story beats of a pro wrestling television program

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

El Generico posted:

I've been listening to The Podcasters a bit lately, maybe gonna make a video about it, but to spoil the thesis of the whole video basically what they like to do is to describe what happens on an AEW show in a whiny tone of voice and then make a shocked face and say "WHU? THAT MAKES NO SENSE" which only reads as a burn on AEW if you're already biased towards that opinion but if you're not it reads like they're actually too stupid to follow the story beats of a pro wrestling television program

20 years of Vince (McMahon and Russo) style storytelling has basically destroyed people's ability to follow wrestling storylines unless the wrestlers literally just stand in the ring, stare directly into the hard cam, and tell you what the story is over the course of a 40 minute promo. And then follow that up with recaps of said promo every 5 minutes for the rest of the show, and every show after that until the PPV.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The best fruit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wrasslin/s/YAq7lvXmOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Drakkel posted:

20 years of Vince (McMahon and Russo) style storytelling has basically destroyed people's ability to follow wrestling storylines unless the wrestlers literally just stand in the ring, stare directly into the hard cam, and tell you what the story is over the course of a 40 minute promo. And then follow that up with recaps of said promo every 5 minutes for the rest of the show, and every show after that until the PPV.

It’s so funny too because wrestling storylines are stupidly simple like they’re supposed to be able to be seen and understood by anyone, and people still get confused on the easiest poo poo in the world