Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
loving stick it in my veins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is it.

I have reached peak F1 fandom.

I’m sad it’s all downhill from here.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Now you know what would have gone perfectly along with all this madness? Il Canto degli Itali-fuckin-ani

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Yeeeeeeessssss, the trophies are perfectly awful

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

So difficult to drive cars are what makes good racing then. Wet races own, cold races own. Time to make the cars way harder to drive if entertainment is what you want.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

F1 if you can deliver that poo poo show every year please come here every year indefinitely TIA.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

It was not terrible except for too many Red Bulls on the podium

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blackhawk posted:

So difficult to drive cars are what makes good racing then. Wet races own, cold races own. Time to make the cars way harder to drive if entertainment is what you want.

i agree, its time to ditch all the aero.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
It was chintzy, cringe and ott.

On track tho that was a great race. More like that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

okay that was an unusually good race to watch and I think I helped a couple goons learn something new about history so all in all thumbs up khablam you're still wrong

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I doubt anyone else cares but the Macau GP is on right now. It’s mostly F2 / F3 drivers but this is basically their Monaco GP. Cool stuff if ya care.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

is this the first time they've run macau under fia formula 3 since gp3 became THE formula 3?

e; looks like they did in 2019 just before the roni

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

"its his third time crashing this weekend"

macau rules

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Space Jam posted:

the podium is in a cvs parking lot

Guess it’s a step up from having the whole race on a parking lot

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Man I can’t believe max just keeps getting away with it. Kind of funny once he is winning/leading he thinks vegas isn’t so bad anymore.

Definitely lol’ing at max loving checo again, checo is broken rear end charlie brown trying to kick the football

Sharl I think is now truly mr saturday, I think I saw somewhere he has as many poles as nando now. Just need you to win a loving actual race once in a while bud

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

-not poggers
-weaving to heat tires under race conditions
-spicy leclerc overtakes
-Rihanna sighting
-Lance Stroll DOTD
-sergio secures 2nd. still fired?
-Justin loving bieber?
-lol checo
-more like Las Mehvas :shrug:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
the race will be terrible next year when they move it to a warmer time and there's fewer differences in tyre temps leading to overtakes

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well finally done watching it. Missed shitposting live with the rest of you folks.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Was just reminded of when we had robots wheel out the trophies.

That should happen again!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Custard Undies posted:

Was just reminded of when we had robots wheel out the trophies.

That should happen again!

grid bots ftw

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I’m hoping Neil Breen got some footage for his next film

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alaois posted:

Khablam and quid were right, just as expected

All that high level Motorsport knowledge

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Ferrari is incredibly bad at tyre strategy wtf

Max has a 5 second penalty - pit when he pits and you automatically come out ahead with a great gap.

Max is involved in a safety car incident - pit when he pits and you still come out ahead!

But no a one stopper is clearly more important in a race with a vsc and two safety cars, you idiots

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
managed to avoid the result until I watched the 9:30am replay and dare I say it was good?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Ferrari is incredibly bad at tyre strategy wtf

Max has a 5 second penalty - pit when he pits and you automatically come out ahead with a great gap.

Max is involved in a safety car incident - pit when he pits and you still come out ahead!

But no a one stopper is clearly more important in a race with a vsc and two safety cars, you idiots

Charles got bad pit strategy but he lost zero places from it.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Fun race, max is a disgrace, get in there lewis

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Max's move in turn 1 was so bad. His reaction to the penalty was pretty funny

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
Good race in the end, glad the resident tyre experts were wrong

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

managed to avoid the result until I watched the 9:30am replay and dare I say it was good?

The track is awful, the side stuff was peak glitz and schmaltz, the trophies were ugly as poo poo.

But the racing itself? It....wasn't bad. Hope :lando: is ok

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cimber posted:

The track is awful, the side stuff was peak glitz and schmaltz, the trophies were ugly as poo poo.

But the racing itself? It....wasn't bad. Hope :lando: is ok

Any track where you can pass either on the drs straight or in a slow section automatically puts it in the top half.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://x.com/F1GuyDan/status/1725934547894685990?s=20

wtf Max is good???

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yeah OK - nothing Max said was valid because superchud wants to suck off the FIA

Best race of the season, fuckin lmfao. Fell asleep by lap 23.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 19, 2023

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Tl;DR - He wants the history of the sport, finds the street tracks more for the glitterari who want to be seen rather than the fans who appreciate the sport. Thinks proper tracks have more history and passion. Would rather F1 spend more time and money explaining the sport and what teams are trying to do rather than glitzing things up.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

My daily commute on Eastern is more interesting and dangerous than the GP was.

Maybe next year we can have the drivers drink beforehand for the authentic Vegas driving experience.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

Best race of the season, fuckin lmfao. Fell asleep by lap 23.

Those are not mutually exclusive

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I broadly agree with Max but also F1 is clearly travelling in the direction of showy bullshit and the wrestling intros a few years back should have made that obvious, trying to change that while the company running it has "grow USA audience" as a main objective is like pushing water uphill, and also he drives for probably the most showy bullshit "here to party" team that it's possible to pick.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

He sounds like a fan of the sport.

There is a place for street tracks, but the racing has to be good (which this race actually was pretty good)

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Yes they had an 18 month lead on this but pulling off a street race (and a largely compelling one at that) in one of the busiest pedestrian centers of the world was truly remarkable, warts and all. The last corner to the finish line is already an all-timer and I bet they'll make some adjustments to the calendar for next year - not sure how they can make the race any earlier though due to time changes. I think a late afternoon/sunset race would be awesome.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MaoistBanker posted:

Yes they had an 18 month lead on this but pulling off a street race (and a largely compelling one at that) in one of the busiest pedestrian centers of the world was truly remarkable, warts and all.

i don't understand how hosting something like that makes financial sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Making the start finish straight very short with two visible corners was a smart move because it puts the unambiguously best seats on the property that F1 owns.