Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He probably in the top 5 arguably

He’s having a good year so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

All those stats are definitely gonna translate into playoff success, clearly this is the year it happens.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It happened for Jokic . Eventually. It can happen for anyone. Keeping an open mind

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
No, gently caress the Cowboys

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Most Valuable Prescott

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

He probably in the top 5 arguably

He’s having a good year so far

yeah most of the top guys are having down years for different reasons but not my guy, even though he's saddled with a terrible coach

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ayudo posted:

Most Valuable Prescott

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna cry

Edit:for posterity

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Cartoon Man posted:

I still wish Rivera would just go ahead and get fired so EB can audition for the rest of the season.

I think the Commanders need to offer Rivera a move into a purely morale/people-management position, Director of Player Operations or something. We know Rivera's still FANTASTIC at man-management, it's always been one of his strengths, it's just the on-field product that's clearly not working out at this point. Moving him into a place where he can do what he does best to keep that locker room happy while putting Bienemy or someone into the head-coach position would be a very classy and savvy move, certainly compared to the way Snyder ran things.

Now, whether Rivera would ACCEPT that or how he'd see it? Those are different questions and I don't know the answer to them. But I think even trying it would come across better than just firing him considering the poo poo sandwich he got handed to work through given when he was brought in and how the final years of the Snyder tenure went.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blarzgh posted:

I'm gonna cry

Edit:for posterity

(of the NFCE)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

this season top 5 isn't even arguable, the argument starts at top 3. I think he's probably #3 this season. despite his subpar (for him) performance I'd still take Mahomes 1 with Herbert just barely beating him at 2 with, and I'm sure this is a complete coincidence, Dak's former OC. Hurts and Tua also have strong cases for #3 but Dak is doing comparably well with a doughy anchor around his neck

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Fat Mike was on the radio station early this morning and said something interesting about his motion tendencies:

The radio host noted that in addition to the increased situational passing, Dallas has also increased its pre-snap motion by 30%. He asked FM whether this was a component of passing more, why he uses motion, and why not use motion all the time.

- He said Dallas is using more motion as part of scheme adjustment; they weren't getting WR leverage from the set and needed to create more space.

- He said pre snap motion is good for creating leverage and stress on the defense, and also exposing coverage, but it has downsides, like creating more opportunities for mistakes, and even just wearing out your own players; they have tracking Data that shows that WRs get more tired and slow than defenders do following it, over the course of a game.

- He said, "Some QBs like it, some don't. Aaron Rogers preferred no motion, he felt like he could read the defense without it, Farve didn't like it either, felt like it complicated the offense." [host then asks what Dak likes, and I'm paraphrasing FMs response because he was not very clear] "Dak wants to master whatever offensive scheme he's given, he doesn't care one way or the other."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Goff and Jackson have outplayed him also

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Goff not really, Jackson I'd give you except he's had too many collapses this season. unreliable

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

Thank you, But I didn't get you anything for Christmas!

Nah, we're good. No worries.

I actually like statistical analysis and a lot of the poo poo you post. At least whenever it's just not all about jacking off Dak Prescott. Who, btw, I think is a very good QB but, often, I become convinced that you're just trolling or giving us a Prescott gimmick. I have my favorite players too but can't imagine myself running around the internet to convince people how much rear end they kick.

Your total obsession concerns me sometimes and I often wonder what your shrine looks like and/or if you are OK.

Post a pic of the shrine when you have time.

indigi posted:

this season top 5 isn't even arguable, the argument starts at top 3. I think he's probably #3 this season. despite his subpar (for him) performance I'd still take Mahomes 1 with Herbert just barely beating him at 2 with, and I'm sure this is a complete coincidence, Dak's former OC. Hurts and Tua also have strong cases for #3 but Dak is doing comparably well with a doughy anchor around his neck

Interesting. Where would you slot Lamar? Because I think this is the year the Ravens make it to bowl and am always curious why he always gets mentioned only after we run through the top 5.

This year is weird but I kinda like it because the league seems to have adjusted to the video game style of play we saw for a few years there and now defense and the running game genuinely have a place in the game. For a good minute there, 45-38 games every loving week were boring me and kind of cheapening the product. It shouldn't be THAT easy to score and almost entirely removing 11 players (12 or 13 if you count running backs) from the equation was making games too one dimensional.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, might this be the year where a non QB wins or at least contends for the MVP? Because right now, I'd give it to Christian Mccaffrey if I had a vote. Usually, the award is just MVQB but this year feels different.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 18, 2023

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BiggerBoat posted:

Nah, we're good. No worries.

I actually like statistical analysis and a lot of the poo poo you post. At least whenever it's just not all about jacking off Dak Prescott. Who, btw, I think is a very good QB but, often, I become convinced that you're just trolling or giving us a Prescott gimmick. I have my favorite players too but can't imagine myself running around the internet to convince people how much rear end they kick.

Your total obsession concerns me sometimes and I often wonder what your shrine looks like and/or if you are OK.

Post a pic of the shrine when you have time.

I just assume that blarzgh is also constantly having this argument with Cowboys fans who wish they'd give that scrappy young Cooper Rush more of a chance, or maybe trade up to draft a Zach Wilson type

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He is

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Black Lighter posted:

I just assume that blarzgh is also constantly having this argument with Cowboys fans who wish they'd give that scrappy young Cooper Rush more of a chance, or maybe trade up to draft a Zach Wilson type

It is every Cowboys fan’s burden to argue with morons who think they should start Rush over Dak, or Jon Kitna over Romo, or draft Andy Dalton, or sign Colt McCoy, or

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I can speak from experience.

When you go years with starting QBs like Chad “The Singing Cowboy” Hutchinson, Quincey Carter, Vinny Testaverde, and Drew “The Statue” Bledsoe, it has a very long-lasting effect on you.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The thing blarzgh will never understand is that dak will never be elite because he has that anchor of an intangible known as: gently caress the cowboys

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

MrMojok posted:

I can speak from experience.

When you go years with starting QBs like Chad “The Singing Cowboy” Hutchinson, Quincey Carter, Vinny Testaverde, and Drew “The Statue” Bledsoe, it has a very long-lasting effect on you.

Romo?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Interesting. Where would you slot Lamar? Because I think this is the year the Ravens make it to bowl and am always curious why he always gets mentioned only after we run through the top 5.

4 or 5 right now, if he cleans up his second halves over the rest of the season he's the mvp

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

The thing blarzgh will never understand is that dak will never be elite because he has that anchor of an intangible known as: gently caress the cowboys

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BB, in THIS house, Romo is a hero!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

This would have been a good time to post a comically doctored photo and not just a stock Jerry Jones photo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Romo came after a string of QBs that was almost brownsesque. Clint Stoener. Ryan Leaf. The ghost of Randall Cunningham even got a start.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

g̶̣͍͍͒l̸̛̠̲̘̀ŏ̵̞̠̣r̴̖̥̰̈́ÿ̷̱͚́́ḩ̶̹͇̓͝ǒ̵̡̮̒̕l̴̻̘͍̈́ȅ̷̦͙̟́͑

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

This would have been a good time to post a comically doctored photo and not just a stock Jerry Jones photo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Buddy, photoshop. Download it. Try it out on that photo.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Very fitting.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:lmao:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Full disclosure that wasn’t mine, came from Reddit.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Should be a walk in the park for the Commanders today.

So congrats on the win Giants fans.

lol

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
For all of you wondering what to get me for Christmas, I wear an XL shirt, thanks.

https://twitter.com/davidhelman_/status/1726012777754710247?t=iQSXmvHMCT-Oh7ttxswE0Q&s=19

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jerry Jones giving Jimmie Johnson a handjob on FOX. What a way to start the day.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Jimmy Johnson to the ring of honor. Our long national nightmare is finally over!

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1726296437628269005?t=Sv9Os_PWs1mqXdQwj0RhjQ&s=19

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

is the ring of honor where the cowboys fight to the death?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

beep by grandpa posted:

is the ring of honor where the cowboys fight to the death?

It's where gently caress 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ayudo posted:

Jimmy Johnson to the ring of honor. Our long national nightmare is finally over!

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1726296437628269005?t=Sv9Os_PWs1mqXdQwj0RhjQ&s=19

It’s about god damned time.