Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

That was last week, this week's problem is that it's not a hug box where you can't be critical without people posting "I like it :)". Too much enjoyment here, needs to be stomped out

Not what anyone is saying but you know that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

historically periods of mods cracking down on dumb poo poo and giving out probations for stuff that really didn't need it and could easily be ignored made for some of the worst times this subforum has had

times like those also lead to moderator meltdowns and people quitting or being removed from the mod team because all the complaining about sixers etc breaks their brains

Speaking of which while we are all gathered do we still need a mod who hasn’t posted here since August and hasn’t really done any mod duties for much longer than that

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
need a heel mod, every mod trying to be the softest babyface alive and it isnt working

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i was mostly just expressing that i disagreed with the general tone of the thread with my post, i wasn't trying to diminish other people's opinions! it was a tad flippant i guess? but i'm not out here trying to make people mad or anything

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It's really funny that the Positivity thread is half full of people just bitching about the forum though

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Also I don’t think AEW Mecca thread being a space for people to vent about people “in the main thread” is very productive either if we’re putting vibes on trial again

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Got your nose

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

Got your nose

hey cut it out!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Also I don’t think AEW Mecca thread being a space for people to vent about people “in the main thread” is very productive either if we’re putting vibes on trial again
every vibe should have their own thread and only be allowed to interact with one another once a year for vibe supremacy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pape went on too long and everyone is cranky from hosed up sleep

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

vibes on trial

that's a great username if someone doesn't have it already

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

thats not probation worthy either

never said they were. i'm saying they're bad posts and would like the posts to stop being babies because the bloom is coming off AEW and some people arent afraid to say it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

KungFu Grip posted:

never said they were. i'm saying they're bad posts and would like the posts to stop being babies because the bloom is coming off AEW and some people arent afraid to say it.

bloom is a trainer at NXT, idoit

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MotU posted:

bloom is a trainer at NXT, idoit

A Trainer...
A-Train....

it was right there all along

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

legitimately there are problems with aew and not all the booking is good or makes sense, and i have no qualms about people saying so. i just thought it was odd people were saying stuff like it was the worst show they've done like an hour and a half into it. i totally get that things are at a weird nadir though, and i'll try not to be as flippant in the future.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

have some empathy and accept that not everyone will like slop

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How’s everyone’s Sunday going?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you don't know if you don't like slop until you try it. open your mouth for the choo choo train

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think 85% of our problems would be fixed one way or another if Tony Khan became a mod

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I’m too hungover to post, but pretty good. I’m watching old RLM videos and thinking about ordering a burrito.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Evergreen:

MJeff posted:

You're never gonna be able to get people who used to love something and think it has become significantly worse to agree to disagree with people who think it's still good. That's not how people work, or at least, it's not how the people here work. The former group feels betrayed by the thing and annoyed that their feelings aren't being taken seriously by the latter group and the latter group is annoyed that the former group keeps trying to piss all over their good time and appears to exist in a completely alternate reality from them. It is just not a situation that's going to lead to positive interactions.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

I’m watching old RLM videos and thinking about ordering a burrito.

doing the same while i clean up the house. Currently on the Mad Foxes BOTW.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I think 85% of our problems would be fixed one way or another if Tony Khan became a mod

I think you mean 100%

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Do think AEW Mecca thread need thicker skin. genuinely dont remember when people still posted about WWE if posters ever complained enough to make a separate thread when people didnt like other parts of the show, people just rolled with the posts and discussed the shows. Maybe that was the Randy Orton Man Love Lockerroom, i dont know

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the problem with slop is that everyone has a different definition of what tastes bad and what doesn't

I just saw a guy let another person's blood drain into his mouth then he misted it like the great muta and although in text it sounds rad as gently caress and people seemed to love it - that particular slop wasn't for me

I don't want that slop to stop being served in the cafeteria for those who enjoy it though. I'll just slide my tray to the next pot of slop that I do enjoy and ask for a double helping instead of trying to get the whole place shut down for a health code violation

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Someone (not me!!!) ripped a stanky fart on the train I’m on, so not good!!!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

KungFu Grip posted:

Do think AEW Mecca thread need thicker skin. genuinely dont remember when people still posted about WWE if posters ever complained enough to make a separate thread when people didnt like other parts of the show, people just rolled with the posts and discussed the shows. Maybe that was the Randy Orton Man Love Lockerroom, i dont know
this happened like two weeks ago

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ivypls posted:

legitimately there are problems with aew and not all the booking is good or makes sense, and i have no qualms about people saying so. i just thought it was odd people were saying stuff like it was the worst show they've done like an hour and a half into it. i totally get that things are at a weird nadir though, and i'll try not to be as flippant in the future.

Thanks for your thoughtful response, I appreciate you speaking up to add that context. The remarks I chose weren't meant to denigrate the entire histories of the posters they belonged to, so I apologize for making it seem as though that was the case.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

this happened like two weeks ago

theres a real and active "Please Be Nice About WWE itt" thread right now complaining about people being too mean about a wrestling promotion? I mean, AEW has had 2 this year, once when the people pro Punk being a messy drama queen started and then the new one now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

Every once in a while it boils over and someone asks for everyone to stop dunking on WWE and then everyone tells them there’s nothing stopping them from making a Positive WWE Thread and then they never actually make it lol

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Every once in a while it boils over and someone asks for everyone to stop dunking on WWE and then everyone tells them there’s nothing stopping them from making a Positive WWE Thread and then they never actually make it lol

wow . . . fedheads have principles . . .

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

KungFu Grip posted:

theres a real and active "Please Be Nice About WWE itt" thread right now complaining about people being too mean about a wrestling promotion?
There was a real plea to stop people from coming into the WWE thread to make fun of it, yes. nobody made a thread though.

I'm not trying to be condescending or anything but just don't read the mecca thread if it bothers you

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

yea ok posted:

It's really funny that the Positivity thread is half full of people just bitching about the forum though

yeah that poo poo loving sucks

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yea because theres no need for it, people come in the wwe thread and go "wow i liked this" and then people poo poo on them for liking wwe in the wwe discussion thread. AEW threads have the opposite energy where if people say they think something sucked everyone got mad at them for not liking everything to the point the more vocal group have a new thread to post in

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

There was a real plea to stop people from coming into the WWE thread to make fun of it, yes. nobody made a thread though.

I'm not trying to be condescending or anything but just don't read the mecca thread if it bothers you

But creating interthread drama with a thread dedicated to making GBS threads on people that aren't 110% positive about every aspect of a promotion is incredibly toxic and doesnt help whatever conceived forum wars or clique gang thing people keep saying exists on this subforum which is the problem we've been dealing with

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You can't post that people need thicker skin and also hate read the AEW mecca thread.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is it really an AEW mecca thread until a certain "forum superstar" fakes their death

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I don't think any of those posts are probe-worthy because if being Slightly Obnoxious earned probations there'd probably be a lot more and that's currently not really my style :shrug:. I just think talking about wrestling is fun and some people get really personal instead of either talking normally about things you like or dislike (which there was plenty of that - I've been having some good conversations since last night, even in the GDT proper) or someone has decided that a bunch of anonymous folks on the internet are Specifically Out To Kill You Via Firing Squad

it's not really a simple thing but at the end of the day it's literally posting online about a TV show. So much is solved by simply Scrolling Faster and ignoring things that make you mad. Hate-reading is bad for the heart

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

You'd think pro-WWE posters would jump at the chance to make a Mecca thread because it's the only case where the "Mecca" is literal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

qop's underlying point is valid but he intentionally chose bad examples because he is a positivity plant double agent and is trying to undermine our complainist agenda. its time we move on