Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Corn Burst posted:

McDermott made a mistake, not a fire-able one. Move on.

It’s much more than just that one mistake as to why he needs to be fired, it’s a pattern of decisions and on-field outcomes that goes back several years now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Diva Cupcake posted:

Never Believe Coaches

ACAB (All Coaches Are Bastards)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A Series of Unfortunate Fire-able Mistakes

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Didn't Gase get caught lying about playcalling his last season with the Jets?

lol I forgot about this

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/11/30/jets-play-calling-adam-gase-dowell-loggains

"Did you take over play calling duties?"

"WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU loving MORONS. I just have the OC tell me his play call, which I can override any time I want, before relaying it to the QB. And also I call 3rd downs. Also I am the one holding the play sheet and wearing the headset and the OC doesn't do anything. BUT I DO NOT CALL THE PLAYS. IMBECILES"

"...uhhhhhh ok"

God what a loving maniac that guy was

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 16, 2023

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Sheen Sheen posted:

It’s much more than just that one mistake as to why he needs to be fired, it’s a pattern of decisions and on-field outcomes that goes back several years now

Why I'm not in favor of that has less to do with McDermott and more to do with the owner of the Bills. He vacillates between being practically nonexistent and incompetent. He can barely speak in front of the media he has seemingly no friends or confidants that know football and otherwise what's actually good for the team.

He has a track record of making terrible hiring decisions with both the Sabres and the Bills. McDermott's height may not be a sb winning coach but if he gets fired and you have Pegula hire a really bad out of nowhere coach, we are talking about potentially the end of the Bills having any sort of relevance.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Corn Burst posted:

The window is shut

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

pasaluki posted:

Why I'm not in favor of that has less to do with McDermott and more to do with the owner of the Bills. He vacillates between being practically nonexistent and incompetent. He can barely speak in front of the media he has seemingly no friends or confidants that know football and otherwise what's actually good for the team.

He has a track record of making terrible hiring decisions with both the Sabres and the Bills. McDermott's height may not be a sb winning coach but if he gets fired and you have Pegula hire a really bad out of nowhere coach, we are talking about potentially the end of the Bills having any sort of relevance.

The last time we heard from Terry Pegula he was wondering whether if black people complained so much about racism in coaching decisions why don’t they go back to Africa

Just to give you a level of how smart he is

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Docjowles posted:

lol I forgot about this

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/11/30/jets-play-calling-adam-gase-dowell-loggains

"Did you take over play calling duties?"

"WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU loving MORONS. I just have the OC tell me his play call, which I can override any time I want, before relaying it to the QB. And also I call 3rd downs. Also I am the one holding the play sheet and wearing the headset and the OC doesn't do anything. BUT I DO NOT CALL THE PLAYS. IMBECILES"

"...uhhhhhh ok"

God what a loving maniac that guy was

He really needs to return to the NFL

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Docjowles posted:

5th round pick Tyler Allgeier gets half or more of the RB touches.

Does he at least look decent? I'd be annoyed if 1st rounder CEH got more carries than 7th rounder isaiah pacheco. i'm assuming not.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I don't know why he hasn't lined up to be a QB coach who gets promoted mid-season after a defensive head coach shitcans his original OC yet.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Hes the assistant equipment manager with the Broncos.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/17/panthers-frank-reich-job-security-nfl-insider-staff/

quote:

Frank Reich has talked to people on his staff over the last few weeks about his unknown job security,” Wolfe said. “And I thought it was interesting to hear Reich say he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he didn’t do everything in his power and in the team’s best interest over the last eight games.

Welp. That aint good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus christ Frank

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Corn Burst posted:

to quote Mr. Bey, why did one straw break the camel's back? here's the secret: the million other straws underneath it.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPy0JLnXFtI

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Alaois posted:

jesus christ Frank

If he does get fired, he will have been a head coach for six years and had six different opening day starters. Truly an amazing curse.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im hoping we can fall rear end backwards into a situation that works because rn we're so hosed. So properly, badly hosed.

It'll be 3 years before we repair this poo poo if we detonated everything right now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

Im hoping we can fall rear end backwards into a situation that works because rn we're so hosed. So properly, badly hosed.

It'll be 3 years before we repair this poo poo if we detonated everything right now.

If we're lucky

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BlindSite posted:

It could be worse...you could be the Browns.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Nervous posted:

It could be worse...you could be the Browns.

Browns self inflicted their bullshit and deserve every bit of misery that's going to come to that poo poo franchise

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Alaois posted:

jesus christ Frank

he sounds like a man looking forward to budd dwyering himself at the end of year press conference

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-needing-an-offensive-spark-digging-deep-in-hopes-of-finding-comfort-zone-for-rookie-bryce-young/

Panthers beat writer on the panthers coaching struggles and this quote is funny

quote:

Less than two weeks ago Tepper fired the head coach of his Charlotte FC soccer team, and he's now looking for a third head coach heading into the team's third season. Tepper has previously fired head coach Ron Rivera, general manager Marty Hurney and the aforementioned Rhule, and a host of executives have seen their way out voluntarily or otherwise in Tepper's time there.

"Some sharks are out here wanting this job," one league source said.

"Sharks"

wonder who the "league source" was on this article and if they have worked in finance and they're interested in making the position appear attractive.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1726291982744789070?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I know the Spanos are cheap, but Staley has to be gone if he loses to the Packers, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Probably Magic posted:

I know the Spanos are cheap, but Staley has to be gone if he loses to the Packers, right?

Lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

10 points today. touchdown came on a 9 minute, 70 yard dink and dunk exhibition that needed three fourth down conversions in the third quarter.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

10 points today. touchdown came on a 9 minute, 70 yard dink and dunk exhibition that needed three fourth down conversions in the third quarter.

Offensive minded coach Frank Reich

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

They'll probably wait until they are out of playoff contention but yeah

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

who becomes interim in carolina when reich goes tomorow

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

That was brutal to watch.

I said this is another thread but as a coaching comparison the Giants with Tommy Devito at QB have scored more points today than the Panthers with Bryce have all season. Daboll is still a pretty good coach in an extraordinarily bad situation. Reich is making a bad situation worse.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When's Staley getting fired

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How much is Bryce’s fault and how much is Reich’s fault?

Either way, you have to get rid of him. Classic dead man walking.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

who becomes interim in carolina when reich goes tomorow

Maybe deuce Staley? Josh McCown? Let evero focus on the defense?

Who knows. poo poo is hosed. I dont even want to see Bryce any more this season.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Yeah, I see no world where Reich survives the season, and while I don't think it'll happen it almost feels like he won't survive the week. Just bad vibes

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kirios posted:

How much is Bryce’s fault and how much is Reich’s fault?

Either way, you have to get rid of him. Classic dead man walking.

You have to get rid of Reich to find out and even have a chance of salvaging Bryce.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Defensive genius Brandon "I smelled Sean McVay's farts" Staley, everyone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

You have to get rid of Reich to find out and even have a chance of salvaging Bryce.

Whats to salvage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Staley's still employed in February, I want Herbert to pull a Luck. Doing a book club the rest of your days is better in numerous ways than this

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Whats to salvage

A 2nd from somebody else a la Rosen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Forrest on Fire posted:

A 2nd from somebody else a la Rosen

Unlike the Cardinals, the Panthers won't have the 1st pick in the following draft to get a new QB.