Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Neurolimal posted:

Apparently one of the fresh tombstones in the video is of a soldier from Oct 7; so it's possible that Israel is losing 25+ soldiers a day, but it's also possible that they're backlogged on people to bury because Israel isn't used to taking 400 military casualties in 2 days & doesn't have the industry for dealing with that.

Even so there is enough evidence of the intensity of fighting on multiple fronts to suggest many if not most are more recent. The Israelis are trying to press Gaza city on 4-5 fronts at this point and not making much headway, something is complicating things.

It doesn't seem like they have the artillery usage of the Russians either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah I agree that Israel is taking more casualties than they're admitting, the sniper videos make that clear, just wanted to point that out.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Neurolimal posted:

Apparently one of the fresh tombstones in the video is of a soldier from Oct 7; so it's possible that Israel is losing 25+ soldiers a day, but it's also possible that they're backlogged on people to bury because Israel isn't used to taking 400 military casualties in 2 days & doesn't have the industry for dealing with that.

thats a lot of hogs to crank, Eli pulling down some mad overtime payments

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Eli in a plaster cast diaper, eyes vacant, towers of $$$ around him. It's a hard job, saving hero spunk.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Neurolimal posted:

everyone else seems to be using mobile crematoria but maybe there's a reason they don't

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Ardennes posted:

Even so there is enough evidence of the intensity of fighting on multiple fronts to suggest many if not most are more recent. The Israelis are trying to press Gaza city on 4-5 fronts at this point and not making much headway, something is complicating things.

very funny how FF opines how artillery in the IDF is reserved for dumb-dumbs who spend most of their time not actually doing artillery but instead police actions

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
The next question is what the gently caress are the called up reserves doing? Are they getting refresher training? Are they modifying their doctrine to make use of their mass to screen their valuable tanks? Or are they milling about uselessly eating pizza.

I really don’t like underestimating the enemy, lord knows the Israelis are flailing around precisely because they underestimate the Palestinians and hardly believe they are human.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, that video of the funeral director seems legit, and looking at the intensity of combat, it is believable. Hamas is taking out a ton of armor continuously, and the Israelis are making it very easy for them. Not every vehicle hit is a kill, but not only is the vehicle probably going to be out of commission, but the explosives they are hitting are probably not such a great thing for the brains of their crew members.

i think what happened is that the order for 2000 Tombstones was understandably misinterpreted as a request for rations

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Owlbear Camus posted:

i'm glad these aren't the only "Shaheed without accompaniment only, no secular music" kind of dudes and instead embrace this level of theatricality because it goes so hard.
houthi music is great. they're the kind of people who come up with ideas like a rocket room transforming into a formation of dudes and then go out and do it. also the zoom on the "made in yemen" stamp on their weapons to remind the viewer how proud they are that they made it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CUKIBEy9A

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

The next question is what the gently caress are the called up reserves doing? Are they getting refresher training? Are they modifying their doctrine to make use of their mass to screen their valuable tanks? Or are they milling about uselessly eating pizza.

I really don’t like underestimating the enemy, lord knows the Israelis are flailing around precisely because they underestimate the Palestinians and hardly believe they are human.

they have a ton of forces in the west bank and golan heights

the gaze offensive was doomed from the start because their colonial project relies on not having to fight an offensive war and defend everywhere else at the same time

zetamind2000 has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Nov 19, 2023

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Some are in front line action, specifically the 10th armored division. It still doesn't seem like they are screening with infantry based on videos and if anything they are garrisoning strong points with surprisingly little infantry. They don't have much "bayonet" strength. Most of the rest of the reservists are either getting rudimentary training or sitting around a base. They have a bunch of territorial units that theoretically would be guarding roads/borders but are probably completely useless in actual combat.

Also, just their whole doctrine and way of doing things seem to be designed around either 1. low intensity operations/policing or 2. the armor-centric wars of the 1960s/1970s. The Israelis either prefer to fight people with no way to fight back, or a big set-piece battle in the open where they can use their air force and follow in with armor. Hamas adapted to circumstances are purposefully drawing them in a urban area where Israeli systems aren't going to be utilized effectively.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
does hamas have a gaming discord

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

FirstnameLastname posted:

does hamas have a gaming discord

All gaming discords are hamas gaming discords

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ba5ic posted:

theft of military police vehicle
theft of supplies (was selling military boots, soap and cheap knock off cigs manufactured in loving petah tikva, now defunct)
going awol like 15 times
desertion
refusing command

all in all been court martialed well over a dozen times. it takes a lot of concentrated effort, luck and money to refuse service in this country without getting bogged down in prisons run by 19 year olds, lawyers and having to feign insanity/religiosity/medical problems. it was a better alternative at the time to go with the flow and disrupt as much poo poo as i could in the process for personal gain.
edit: also cant forget that one time the military police showed up at my door at 3am in the morning politely requesting i come with them to jail. 7 huge dudes just showing up at your house in plain clothes, and taking you into the night in the back of an unmarked vehicle. ive seen posters in this thread insinuating that escaping mandatory service in israel is ez pz, which could not be further from the truth.

o7

Also, I read the Israeli supreme court in like the early 2000s said if you profess pacifism without any other politics you don't have to serve. Is that just ignored?

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 48 hours!)

If anyone has 30 minutes to kill and wants to watch an aljazeera journalist absolutely ANNIHILATE a Zionist bozo with truth bombs, then sit back and enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7fSdTA6VY

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, Gaza is titchy, it's not like it's taking Israel a month to drive across it, they must be facing really fierce resistance.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

afaict they're dying

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Weka posted:

o7

Also, I read the Israeli supreme court in like the early 2000s said if you profess pacifism without any other politics you don't have to serve. Is that just ignored?

my guess would be that it is made very difficult to demonstrate that one is actually a pacifist. that's how this stuff is traditionally interpreted in highly militarised societies with a formal right to refuse the service, at least - that or some incredibly miserable civilian service digging ditches or whatever

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al-Saqr posted:

You know I was thinking about how the Houthis beat saudi arabia so bad, I thought that as usual arab dictator armies are useless trash no matter how much money you put into it, but now I'm starting to think it's that AND that the houthis are really loving good at their jobs.

They were defending a couple of kms of trench line with 3 dudes, just running from one heavy weapon to another. My heros.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
latest hasbara move: well the idf might be lying but so is the hospital!!

https://twitter.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1726344380750180708

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Eli you gotta help our boys, they’ve blood and soiled their pants

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zohar posted:

latest hasbara move: well the idf might be lying but so is the hospital!!

https://twitter.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1726344380750180708

It's so outrageous for you to have to prove your claims when you attack a civilian hospital! Imagine....

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Ba5ic posted:

theft of military police vehicle
theft of supplies (was selling military boots, soap and cheap knock off cigs manufactured in loving petah tikva, now defunct)
going awol like 15 times
desertion
refusing command

all in all been court martialed well over a dozen times. it takes a lot of concentrated effort, luck and money to refuse service in this country without getting bogged down in prisons run by 19 year olds, lawyers and having to feign insanity/religiosity/medical problems. it was a better alternative at the time to go with the flow and disrupt as much poo poo as i could in the process for personal gain.
edit: also cant forget that one time the military police showed up at my door at 3am in the morning politely requesting i come with them to jail. 7 huge dudes just showing up at your house in plain clothes, and taking you into the night in the back of an unmarked vehicle. ive seen posters in this thread insinuating that escaping mandatory service in israel is ez pz, which could not be further from the truth.

thank you for your service

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

"strike, the universe submits" is a line that i will remember for the rest of my life its so loving metal

The night always has an end

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

The cargo ship has arrived in port

https://t.me/hamas_com/11742

quote:

لحظه وصولها الي مينا الحديده

quote:

The moment she arrived at Mina Al-Hadidah

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they stole a fuckin container ship and hauled it home like they won it in a carnival game. lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
which port??

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Al-Saqr posted:

no loving way lol is this for real?!

LOL HOLY poo poo

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/middle-east/2023/11/19/Israeli-ship-reportedly-hijacked-by-Yemen-s-Houthis-in-Red-Sea

Houthis got some brand new BMW's!!!

HallelujahLee posted:

War Monitor
⚡️#BREAKING In a statement, The Yemeni Armed Forces (Houthis) “announce that they will target all of the following types of ships:
1. Ships carrying the flag of the Zionist entity
2. Ships operated by Israeli companies
3. Ships owned by Israeli companies.

The Yemeni Armed Forces also calls on all countries of the world to:

A. Withdrawal of its citizens working on the crews of these ships.
B. Avoid shipping on or handling these vessels.
C. Inform your ships to stay away from these ships.”

CheetoVonTito posted:

Answer: Helicopter
https://x.com/aryjeay/status/1726250301097951732?s=46

Also 56 members on board, not 22

Maya Fey posted:

this is the warning they mention btw

hahahaha

so loving blessed

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

uber_stoat posted:

they stole a fuckin container ship and hauled it home like they won it in a carnival game. lmao

swag levels off the chart, absolutely insane

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

houthi music is great. they're the kind of people who come up with ideas like a rocket room transforming into a formation of dudes and then go out and do it. also the zoom on the "made in yemen" stamp on their weapons to remind the viewer how proud they are that they made it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CUKIBEy9A

I keep looking for the full version of this one - anyone know where it is? or what the song name is?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al Hudaydah

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
woke up wondering if they'd manage to scuttle it before the nazi hounds scramble only to find out they just sailed it home anyway. you love to see it folks

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

also stop calling them Houthis, they are AnsarAllah

quote:

— Dear friends, my Yemeni colleagues have requested that I post a friendly appeal for everyone to use the term "AnsarAllah" instead of "Houthis."

The term "Houthi rebels" used by imperialists tends to diminish & belittle the AnsarAllah movement and is deemed somewhat disrespectful to the resilient people of Yemen 🇾🇪.
Thank you :)

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/1463

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

HallelujahLee posted:

Commenting on the hijacking of the #Israeli ship, the leader of the #Yemeni Armed Forces, Muhammad Al-Bukhaiti: “We do not fear the enemy’s response, but rather we fear God’s punishment if we do not support #Gaza.”

King poo poo.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

wynott dunn posted:

Eli you gotta help our boys, they’ve blood and soiled their pants

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Burn Zone posted:

also stop calling them Houthis, they are AnsarAllah

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/1463

muhammad ali didn't have to be the greatest fighter to enter the ring to earn respect on his chosen name, but it sure as hell didnt hurt.

in the same spirit, i will try to remember the correct and preferred name "ansarallah" for the gallant fighters of yemen who seem to be among the very few sticking up for those being massacred in gaza.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Burn Zone posted:

The cargo ship has arrived in port

https://t.me/hamas_com/11742

wrong ship, galaxy leader was captured, glorious leader is currently docked in lima peru

also what the gently caress is this naming system for the ships

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

it does seem like they're throwing the reserves immediately into the war in both Gaza and vs hezbollah.

which seems like a bad idea but I'm not a general

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wrong ship, galaxy leader was captured, glorious leader is currently docked in lima peru

also what the gently caress is this naming system for the ships

Going to wake up to the Invincible Leader being sunk by the Hamas beach torpedoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ardennes posted:

it's really funny that hamas has no problem calling in mortar strikes while the idf's fire support is busy bombing civilians