Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chargers have now lost five games by 3 points or fewer this season: 34-36, 24-27, 17-20, 38-41, and 20-23.

This is the inverse of the Steelers. They're finding ways to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

They're finding ways to lose.

Yeah, that's been the Chargers for many, many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAL5X3TRA2A

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Pain

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
The Steelers offense is atrocious in literally every way. I am still amazed they trot everyone out with no changes.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Woozie66 posted:

The Steelers offense is atrocious in literally every way. I am still amazed they trot everyone out with no changes.

They have a good rear end running back and under utilize him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol Staley melting down at the press conference

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

fartknocker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAL5X3TRA2A

It's wild, because fifteen years ago, the Chargers MO seemed to be really sluggish starts and then figuring it out and making a big run in the second half of the season. The Staley Era though has been like a mirror of the Angels: "We have the ingredients to win, now let's find a way to lose anyway."

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 19, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

Lol Staley melting down at the press conference

What is he saying?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

What is he saying?

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1726360343096533443?t=hmO8xEJYQWIy6Tn4QoeVCg&s=19

He's a petulant child

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dead man walking

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
the defense that, to be clear, could not stop jordan love

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Oh, the full version

https://twitter.com/OliverAHenzen/status/1726353462815072754?t=gI5mMbvavxvXhz_tMCNqaQ&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers just need to fire Reich and see if Brown can actually design and call an offense. Let Staley be in charge for the last 7 games.

Just rip the bandaid off.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Probably Magic posted:

the defense that, to be clear, could not stop jordan love

Jordan love has improved a lot recently.

The bigger issue is they couldn’t score on a defense that covers sometimes

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

Panthers just need to fire Reich and see if Brown can actually design and call an offense. Let Staley be in charge for the last 7 games.

Just rip the bandaid off.

Definitely. Whether it is Staley or Evero getting elevated to interim HC, they need to know if Thomas Brown is worth bringing back next year or not.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Definitely. Whether it is Staley or Evero getting elevated to interim HC, they need to know if Thomas Brown is worth bringing back next year or not.

let Capers just manage the team from here on out, then disband them.

End the Panthers like they began

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

While not as full meltdown as I was expecting, it's not a good look. Like he has to recognize that his defense isn't working, though I guess when your reputation is built on being a defensive mastermind giving up defensive playcalling duties is a big admission of failure.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

even Staley's meltdowns are underwhelming

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So are we going with the Fall of the Reich or the Eleven Week Reich when he gets let go tomorrow?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eleven week Reich has a nice ring to it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Eleven week Reich has a nice ring to it.

Out of the league in 80 days

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fire Bowles

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

really queer Christmas posted:

So are we going with the Fall of the Reich or the Eleven Week Reich when he gets let go tomorrow?

There will be no Third Reich head coaching job

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
There's just nothing new to say about Staley at this point, really. The team has the exact same problems partway into year 3 that they did under Staley's first year there. It's just the exact same poo poo, week in, week out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

who becomes interim in carolina when reich goes tomorow

Do they have a popular retired offensive lineman who has never coached before?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Do they have a popular retired offensive lineman who has never coached before?

Ryan Kalil come on down.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If your offense with your regular starter is worse then the Hackett/Wilson Jets offense, you deserve to be fired.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

At least we saw a little downhill running today from Sanders and surprise surprise letting your giant run blocking made offensive line go man on man and just drive guys works better than a counter trapping zone system.

Still way too little, way too late but at least if we fire Reich and close out the year as a running team the games will be over faster.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm very tired.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

I'm very tired.

At least you have a franchise QB, two in a row actually! My team hasn't had one in 20 goddamn years or since the 70's depending on your definition of "franchise QB" lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

fartknocker posted:

There will be no Third Reich head coaching job

:golfclap:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

At least you have a franchise QB, two in a row actually! My team hasn't had one in 20 goddamn years or since the 70's depending on your definition of "franchise QB" lol

Having the QB and continuing to fail makes it feel insanely frustrating.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Having the QB and continuing to fail makes it feel insanely frustrating.

I get that. The rivalry garners little actual sympathy but I can certainly see how it would be so frustrating. I'm still shocked that y'all didn't get a chip with those Rivers/LdT/Gates teams. Ridiculous talent levels throughout that part of team history for sure.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

I get that. The rivalry garners little actual sympathy but I can certainly see how it would be so frustrating. I'm still shocked that y'all didn't get a chip with those Rivers/LdT/Gates teams. Ridiculous talent levels throughout that part of team history for sure.

Oh I have Raider fan friends who I feel insanely bad for. I wouldn't change anything, but I still feel bad for them lol

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
The two thirds Reich

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fartknocker posted:

https://twitter.com/Keenan13Allen/status/1183752686383984640

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/1196649502075228160?s=20

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 20, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm sad yall

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

a neat cape posted:

I'm sad yall

I feel you man. It sucks to watch a decent team with fun players get dragged down by awful coaches and terrible ownership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That Staley press conference has to be the last press conference for a coach in a competent organization. Scott Hanson was making fun of him on red zone lol

Sorry about your next year of Staley, Chargers fans.