Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
I still rock my Lynch jersey proudly. Wilson eh not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
The San Francisco 49ers have won another game and the goddamn Rams are going to lose. 😫

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

trilljester posted:

The San Francisco 49ers have won another game and the goddamn Rams are going to lose. 😫

Makes Thursday a good opportunity for clownball.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Got a tad tense for the 4th quarter but 49ers prevailed. Aiyuk had a monster rear end game.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I really hope Hufanga's injury isn't season ending. That's pretty much the only remaining question coming out of the 49ers game.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, way more stressful than it needed to be, but still a good win.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

rjmccall posted:

Yeah, way more stressful than it needed to be, but still a good win.

Offense good, defense spotty.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

trilljester posted:

You sure about that 2nd point

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

trilljester posted:

Was this posted before Geno Smith got injured?

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Seahawks will not be making the playoffs. I am begging PCJS to trade Metcalf in the off-season. (or ideally, 2 weeks ago)

DancingMachine fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 20, 2023

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I guess there are worse things than bending-not-breaking to the tune of 14 points allowed but that was really pushing it.

Offense was awesome except at killing clock, I don't think you could hand me a check for $10 million and make me happier than that Aiyuk TD.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

DancingMachine posted:

Seahawks will not be making the playoffs. I am begging JSN to trade Metcalf in the off-season. (or ideally, 2 weeks ago)

Jaxon Smith-Njigba is not the GM

(I get what you are saying though. Hard to pump up his value if Drew Lock is throwing to him the rest of the season though.)

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Rabid Snake posted:

Jaxon Smith-Njigba is not the GM

(I get what you are saying though. Hard to pump up his value if Drew Lock is throwing to him the rest of the season though.)

Oops lol, too many acronyms floating around with this team!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
THANK YOU RAMS

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao Seahawks lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
SAME

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Shindragon posted:

THANK YOU RAMS

Always loved those guys, Same Old Kick rear end Rams, I say

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Old

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
SORRY

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
rear end

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
gently caress off refs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
SEAHAWKS

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The gently caress off refs really makes the series of posts.

Yeah it was a nitpicky call though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/_SEADerek_/status/1726392360475705675?t=n-MZogjRz7WWk6ebFRbhPQ&s=19

Puka collided with Diggs, trips on his own accord, is awarded a DPI when Witherspoon doesn't touch him. Game changing bullshit call.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seahawks/Rams was an absolute loving clown show. 222 yards of penalties and it was mostly on bullshit calls. People hated the ability to review PI calls because it messes with the flow, but it is such a huge penalty they really need to bring it back. The Cupp PI was total poo poo and the Witherspoon PI that gave the Rams the game was total poo poo.

Seahawks are getting consistent now though. We know that Geno is going to put together at least one good series in the first quarter and then disappear until a game ending 2 minute drill. We also now know why they don't "just send Lock in." We also know that the defense will always fold when their back is against the wall. They will still might get in to the playoffs based on how weak the NFC is, but that's not a really something folks should see as an accomplishment.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/_SEADerek_/status/1726392360475705675?t=n-MZogjRz7WWk6ebFRbhPQ&s=19

Puka collided with Diggs, trips on his own accord, is awarded a DPI when Witherspoon doesn't touch him. Game changing bullshit call.

A friend pointed out there is a jersey grab that probably looks more obvious from a different angle right before Puka collides with Diggs. It's not as egregious as it seems although I am biased.

Edit: Right between 0:04 and 0:05 you can see his hand at the small of the back and a jersey bounce back afterwards.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 20, 2023

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
At this point, the Seahawks should tank for a better draft pick. They won't, but they should because they won't make the playoffs with their remaining schedule.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

McVay is something like 10-5 against Pete lol

Don’t forget that Seahawks opponent strength of schedule is harder in the back half than the front half.

Hawks will still probably end up around 9-8 and maybe make the playoffs.

Which means more PCJS and more wildcard exits :) :) :)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

Seahawks/Rams was an absolute loving clown show. 222 yards of penalties and it was mostly on bullshit calls. People hated the ability to review PI calls because it messes with the flow, but it is such a huge penalty they really need to bring it back. The Cupp PI was total poo poo and the Witherspoon PI that gave the Rams the game was total poo poo.

It wouldn’t matter because the refs refused to change their rulings out of spite at having their judgement questioned. They only overturned 13 out of 81 calls the one season it was allowed.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

how do you even begin to address the ref issue at this point? no one is happy with it and I don’t think the NFL cares because they know people want their slop either way.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hufanga looks like he's living up to the thread title.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I really hate Rams games. At least we're done with them for the year.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Impose fines and suspensions on the refs for incorrect calls. (This would never happen)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hire an additional ref to sit in a booth and look at monitor. They have a button to hit if they see an uncalled flag, and every flat that is called, they get 30 seconds to review and see if it is wrong. It wouldn't be perfect but it would be so much better.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Waltzing Along posted:

Hire an additional ref to sit in a booth and look at monitor. They have a button to hit if they see an uncalled flag, and every flat that is called, they get 30 seconds to review and see if it is wrong. It wouldn't be perfect but it would be so much better.

The PI reviews were done the remote review crews, not the on the field refs, and they almost never overruled the crew on the field because they’re all part of the same union and attend the same training and know each other and none of them like their decisions being challenged.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Waltzing Along posted:

This has been suggested for years and

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It wouldn’t matter because the refs refused to change their rulings out of spite at having their judgement questioned. They only overturned 13 out of 81 calls the one season it was allowed.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

holefoods posted:

how do you even begin to address the ref issue at this point? no one is happy with it and I don’t think the NFL cares because they know people want their slop either way.

Not watching football but listening to it while doing something actually productive has made my Sundays so much better and possibly a catalyst for a happier life.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mustached Demon posted:

Hufanga looks like he's living up to the thread title.

Yeah, that sucks. Good thing his rookie backup can play, but we'll miss the experience at Safety.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

I really hate Rams games. At least we're done with them for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This has been suggested for years and

13 out of 81 is better than the current situation of 0 out of 81.