Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mister Bates posted:

the British spent years bragging about their military success in Afghanistan and how their area of operations was one of the safest in the country and they were playing a real important part in America’s occupation, we’re still one of the big boys here, see

it later turned out they were mostly just paying massive and regular bribes to all the local warlords to make them go away and were thus directly funding the Taliban

Apparently we were doing it too until someone got it in their head it was far more honorable to just bomb weddings schools hospitals terrorist strongholds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

my bony fealty posted:

the lovely app that the DNC used to rig the 2020 Iowa caucus against Bernie being called "Shadow"

The coin flip

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The coin flip kid ended up at the White House I think lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

The coin flip kid ended up at the White House I think lol

he ended up in Kamala's office though so it wasn't exactly a reward for his service

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lord of Pie posted:

he ended up in Kamala's office though so it wasn't exactly a reward for his service

Sinecures are the classic example of rewards for cronyism

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

Sinecures are the classic example of rewards for cronyism

Being Kamalas Xan deliveryboy isnt really a big catch

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
KAMALA

WITNESS ME

*makes an X with fingers symbolizing xannies are coming soon*

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Beats being some shitkicker party machine man in Iowa I imagine. This probably wasn't a shining star with a bright future, so this counts as advancement for him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

KAMALA

WITNESS ME

*makes an X with fingers symbolizing xannies are coming soon*

Xankanda forever

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was a different asian failson with a lanyard that doesn't look particularly like the coin flip kid. it's the standard slightly racist goon face blindness which was then repeated over and over.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it was a different asian failson with a lanyard that doesn't look particularly like the coin flip kid. it's the standard slightly racist goon face blindness which was then repeated over and over.

So who is that? OJ?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Apparently we were doing it too until someone got it in their head it was far more honorable to just bomb weddings schools hospitals terrorist strongholds

that was the entirety of the effectiveness of “the surge” in Iraq. my unit spent some time dropping off the cash to local crime lords and militia leaders.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Best Friends posted:

that was the entirety of the effectiveness of “the surge” in Iraq. my unit spent some time dropping off the cash to local crime lords and militia leaders.

was it an official or unofficial order to ignore the dancing boys?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

I never went to Afghanistan. but I’d imagine it was official but not written down

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

War and Pieces posted:

You can't fight human nature

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Xankanda forever

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
that photo of nigel farage standing in a field after the plane crash

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-s7eG2ckN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEe7_zgZbuI

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Nov 20, 2023

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Not funny yet, but it will be funny that Argentina will have an ancap cosplayer as it's next president.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

What happened to the teens that sockpuppeted Mike Gravel's campaign?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

poor guys never even got on chapo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TeenageArchipelago posted:

What happened to the teens that sockpuppeted Mike Gravel's campaign?

didn't one join the air force or something

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

didnt snl have trump host one time when his campaign was still perceived as a joke

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Rage Against the Machine getting banned from SNL during an episode hosted by Steve Forbes

Mushroom Zingdom
Jan 28, 2007
Nap Ghost

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

didnt snl have trump host one time when his campaign was still perceived as a joke

it had Larry David yelling at him offstage “Trump’s a racist” then David awkwardly saying he said he’s get paid for saying that to which Trump called good business sense

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Les Os posted:

Rage Against the Machine getting banned from SNL during an episode hosted by Steve Forbes

sudden flashbacks to Steve Forbes winning one of the primaries in 1995 and the tv cutting from the show I was watching so they could show him robotically saying "thank you. thank you. thank you" for several minutes straight

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol forbes was a flat tax guy to the exclusion of literally everything else

i remember thinking that was dumb as poo poo in like middle school lmao

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Teve Torbs

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
chuck schumer’s family of imaginary constituents was originally named the O’Brians or something, but he changed them to the Baileys to be less ethnic

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really funny that the closest thing to ordinary citizens who have any influence on us policy are tulpas.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Oh Xanny Boy
The veep's, the veep's a calling

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That Harvard study that found zero correlation between popular support and bills passing Congress

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ikanreed posted:

That Harvard study that found zero correlation between popular support and bills passing Congress

Good to see that endowment isn't going to waste

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Kazzah posted:

chuck schumer’s family of imaginary constituents was originally named the O’Brians or something, but he changed them to the Baileys to be less ethnic

having an imaginary Irish family living in his head was crossing too many wires with his fanatical zionism

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Best Friends posted:

it’s the Venn diagram of conventional American petit bourgeois reactionary mindset that comes from making decent money + homeownership, plus the arrogant ignorance inculcated by tech industry culture. it’s kind of a wonder that SF and Seattle aren’t literally fascist. give it time I guess.

You can just say well off or something, being a rich computer toucher doesn't make you petit bourgeois.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ikanreed posted:

I think I might be remembering a different one but wasn't there one that found this except in the highest income bracket (using other survey data because they could not get in touch with the 1%) but found correlation there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Kazzah posted:

chuck schumer's alpha house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODejBuFlY20