Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
do they even make posters of dunks anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
put him on a tiktok

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That chart would be better sorted by catch height descending imo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Seams posted:

do they even make posters of dunks anymore

You can probably still buy one of those dumb nfts

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

nachos posted:

That chart would be better sorted by catch height descending imo

There's even more charts in the thread measuring different things.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Toumani rules and will inevitably be the latest suns draft fuckup.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Kristaps Porzingis has been incredible this year and saved the Celtics from an embarrassing loss to the Grizz tonight.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1726424247839629323?t=cfmXO4KD3g29g1yw4hA8ig&s=19

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Jordan Clarkson

very nice. when he plays point guard and doesn't pass that's klownball for sure

kingcobweb posted:

It’s Poole and I’m offended you even had to ask.
same

Sochan playing pg and not passing to wemby and getting 99 turnovers is also pretty klownish, but lacks the buckets that make klownballing such a special thing

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
You know how people say Tabby's share 1 brain cells? Dlo and Austin Reaves share 1 jumper

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lol, Lebron is a goof

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1726445739101114472

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

am i missing something about the draft kings (r) in season cup?

it says first tie breaker is head to head record in the group stage, second is point differential, etc. why bother even having anything more than the first tie breaker? each team only plays each other one time and basketball doesn’t have ties. it’s 100% guaranteed that it can’t go past the first tie break

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

what im missing is there can be a 3+ way tie and wildcard tiebreaks won’t have a head to head matchup to use

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

fart simpson posted:

am i missing something about the draft kings (r) in season cup?

it says first tie breaker is head to head record in the group stage, second is point differential, etc. why bother even having anything more than the first tie breaker? each team only plays each other one time and basketball doesn’t have ties. it’s 100% guaranteed that it can’t go past the first tie break

what if every team goes 2-2

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

F

https://twitter.com/Jasonnnp_/status/1726458881419952170

Did this man tear his Achilles

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 20, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stevie Lee posted:

what if every team goes 2-2

i already answered my own questions thanks

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1726601289159819314

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i already answered my own questions thanks

yeah for example in East C the Sixers most realistic chance to win the group involves Atlanta winning out, the Pacers beating Detroit, and Philly beating Cleveland

All three teams would be 3-1 with a fun little "recycle icon of parity" (ATL > IND, IND > PHL, PHL > ATL) so it would come down to differential (meaning they need to beat Cleveland by a good amount)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That fan is out for the year

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Tournament should include more teams next year. Maybe byes for group winners, since you're just making up the missed games anyhow. I like the tourny so far but needs more chaos.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

more chaos? we had a fight with multiple ejections the other day in the first minute of a game lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

or is this finally the time for multiball?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The eyesore courts are a good start, but they need to go beyond just visual distractions. Add city-themed hazards like a mario kart level. New orleans can have a brass band that marches around, utah should have annoyingly polite missionaries trying to talk to players while they shoot free throws, etc

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

the preliminaries need to be held at outdoor courts at recognizable locations with the local citizens hanging around Street Fighter II style

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

or is this finally the time for multiball?

Two courts aligned as a cross with two pairs of teams playing different games. They have to avoid each other at half court intersection "no mans land" and can try to steal the ball from the other game to achieve a multiball condition. Made bucket resets the ball at the correct court's side out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

Sochan playing pg and not passing to wemby and getting 99 turnovers is also pretty klownish, but lacks the buckets that make klownballing such a special thing

I only watched a couple Spurs games so far and thought it was just confirmation bias but I definitely noticed Sochan just refusing to pass to Wemby so I'm glad that it's actually a thing because it's the funniest poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I only watched a couple Spurs games so far and thought it was just confirmation bias but I definitely noticed Sochan just refusing to pass to Wemby so I'm glad that it's actually a thing because it's the funniest poo poo

The spurs offense is poo poo rear end but pop seems committed to teaching sochan to be a point guard by throwing him into the deep end

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

The spurs offense is poo poo rear end but pop seems committed to teaching sochan to be a point guard by throwing him into the deep end

Read this as "poo poo rear end butt poop"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i think having someone learn point guard by passing to the nba’s equivalent of calvin johnson and the two car garage would probably cause him to develop some bad habits

it is funny in a vacuum though

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I'm ready to start seriously discussing SGA: MVP right now.

fart simpson posted:

more chaos? we had a fight with multiple ejections the other day in the first minute of a game lol

Chaos in the standings to match chaos on the court

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://x.com/mcten/status/1726473586305819115

:smugdon:

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Two courts aligned as a cross with two pairs of teams playing different games. They have to avoid each other at half court intersection "no mans land" and can try to steal the ball from the other game to achieve a multiball condition. Made bucket resets the ball at the correct court's side out.

Every 3 minutes your team's basket rotates one to the right.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

This is a great dunk but I really like that Chet seems to want to contest everything no matter what. I feel like people are going to keep going at Victor but Chet just does not seem fun to play against.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TBF Brooks plays everyone like how he plays Lebron. I don't think he's exactly legacy chasing, he's just that kind of defender

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
A hype video for a bench player’s return from injury. I love it.

https://x.com/PelicansNBA/status/1726652481185136763?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Here, have some Herb highlights:

https://x.com/FearTheBrown/status/1726669228198232144?s=20

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What's the difference between Jonas and Zion's games?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1726682796905595257

This is about to get so loving toxic.

Finally my small market team is having the experience of a player wanting out.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

"Players run away avoiding post-game interviews all the time."

Normal behavior, find a new slant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Fast Luck posted:

What's the difference between Jonas and Zion's games?

Jonas:
- scores on postups
- rebounds
- plays below the rim
- gets in between offensive players and the rim 

Zion
- scores on drives, cuts, and transition
- plays both above and below the rim
- can play passing lanes
- gets occasional sweet chase down blocks