Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i dont actually mind his dumb homerism that much (other than him carrying water for an already dead roethlisburger the one season and then crowning pickett during training camp), a lot of it is clearly played for laughs in the afcn whiparound. he's just a really bad writer - his articles are like middle school level prose.

the big thing was the athletic also used to have ed bouchette for the steelers who was really good (they poached him from the pittsburgh gazette similar to zrebiec getting poached from the baltimore sun). he unfortunately retired just last year, though, so now its literally just kaboly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the NFL owes us Chiefs/Eagles after today

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

#DangeRuss

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

i dont actually mind his dumb homerism that much (other than him carrying water for an already dead roethlisburger the one season and then crowning pickett during training camp), a lot of it is clearly played for laughs in the afcn whiparound. he's just a really bad writer - his articles are like middle school level prose.

the big thing was the athletic also used to have ed bouchette for the steelers who was really good (they poached him from the pittsburgh gazette similar to zrebiec getting poached from the baltimore sun). he unfortunately retired just last year, though, so now its literally just kaboly

I don't have an athletic sub but this is nuts to me because Bouchette was an insane dipshit that got just about literally every scoop about the team wrong consistently. A total crotchety old dickhead

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dear Broncos,
Thanks!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Russell Wilson bullshit is back (awoooo)

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I am having fun

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The broncos fan base are entitled whiny babies and I liked it more when they were suffering while watching their team

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I would like to thank the CFL for putting on a better product today than almost every NFL team (Lions-Bears and Niners-Buccs excepted).

The Grey Cup fuckin rocked

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The broncos fan base are entitled whiny babies and I liked it more when they were suffering while watching their team

let the hate flow through you

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Roasted Donut posted:

I reiterate, Kenny :Pickett is the worst QB in the league.

We all know how terrible Watson has been for the Browns, and he and Pickett entered the division at the same time. Watson has played almost half as many snaps and has one more TD than Pickett during that entire time.

Pickett is so so so bad.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Woozie66 posted:

We all know how terrible Watson has been for the Browns, and he and Pickett entered the division at the same time. Watson has played almost half as many snaps and has one more TD than Pickett during that entire time.

Pickett is so so so bad.

Steelers drafted a backup quarterback in the first round

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It’s those goddamn tiny hands of his.

Makes Alex Smith’s hands look like Andre the Giant when he was holding a beer can.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

I don't have an athletic sub but this is nuts to me because Bouchette was an insane dipshit that got just about literally every scoop about the team wrong consistently. A total crotchety old dickhead

i think i probably liked him because he just hated on the steelers 24/7

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ironic Twist posted:

Steelers drafted a backup quarterback in the first round

Drafting the QB is more damning, but drafting a backup RB in the 1st round the year before is even funnier.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Broncos secondary did a good job of making Jordan Addison disappear. I wonder if JJ had been there if the story would have been the same. I'm not making excuses, I honestly don't know how deep the Broncos secondary is.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

It's 21 days into the month, but the AFC East is no longer winless in November.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Drafting the QB is more damning, but drafting a backup RB in the 1st round the year before is even funnier.

They really went back to back on terrible offensive cornerstones. You love to see it.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1726422837160817048?t=susfL72vPhOrvmTpPaBTvA&s=19

Please note the timestamps. There was ONE in the entire first half.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

My favorite is the one at 1:32 left in the 4th that goes to literally nobody. Not one person, offense or defense, within 20 yards of it.

At the time I thought they might throw a grounding flag, because I have no idea who that was to.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1726418524393083097?t=-yY2SHF0ErjqTqO28oOGjA&s=19

I love Magic

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It reads like a goddamn japanese light novel title.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This week on: My Washington Commanders

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The streak goes on: Broncos vs. Vikings is always a close game.

solarjetman posted:

2019: Minnesota comes back from down 23-7 to overcome the immortal Brandon Allen https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201911170min.htm
2015: A potential game tying/winning drive ends when Teddy B fumbles https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201510040den.htm#all_vis_drives
2011: Tim Tebow outduels Christian Ponder 35-32 https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201112040min.htm
2007: Minnesota comes back from down 19-3 to tie, but Broncos win in OT: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200712300den.htm
2003: Steve Beuerlein throws 3 picks, Moss laterals for the TD right before halftime, and the Broncos go down 28-7; Danny Kanell brings it to 28-20 and then gets the ball to the Minnesota 30 before blowing it https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200310190min.htm
1999: Jeff George with a game winning FG drive https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199910310den.htm
1996: That McCaffrey tip drill wins it https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199611240min.htm
1993: Sean Salisbury outduels Elway and the Vikings win by a Fuad Reveiz FG. This game featured Cris Carter, Shannon Sharpe, Vance Johnson, Roger Craig, and Barry Word https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199311140den.htm
1991: This is how far back you have to go for a crap game. Elway, Wade Wilson and Rich Gannon combine to go 22 for 50, 212 yards; Wilson throws 3 picks and the Broncos wn 13-7. Herschel Walker ran for 103 yards though. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199109290min.htm

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He's so good

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

It reads like a goddamn japanese light novel title.

I appreciate this joke

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Where's the article about the yards najee didn't gain

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

whos that broooown posted:

Where's the article about the yards najee didn't gain

lol. theres a good 'you miss all the shots you dont take' joke buried in there somewhere

feller
Jul 5, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Counterpoint: both MCDC and McDaniels are cool

Josh McDaniels
Mike McDaniel

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The Steelers have gone 58 straight games gaining fewer than 400 total yards.

It is the longest streak in the league.

Does Matt Canada have some sort of blackmail material on the ownership?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Borsche69 posted:

lol. theres a good 'you miss all the shots you dont take' joke buried in there somewhere

Yeah was thinking about the whole "can't win if you don't play" vs "can't lose if you don't play" dilemma and came to the conclusion that Najee Harris sucks rear end at football.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Gonz posted:

i think dino tomlin played at maryland while canada was coaching there and that might be the devil's bargain

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

feller posted:

Josh McDaniels
Mike McDaniel

I am going to admit here that I am speaking for whichever one is the dolphins hc

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gonz posted:

So does this mean that their defense is elite to be able to hold teams at bay? Because in that context can you imagine an actual offensive lineup

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Just about the only thing the Steelers have had going for them the last few seasons has been their defense (and special teams).

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So does this mean that their defense is elite to be able to hold teams at bay? Because in that context can you imagine an actual offensive lineup

a fun fact that i heard from the broadcast (or think i heard) (and didn't fact check at all) is that the steelers apparently lead the league in yards the defense has allowed. they're something like 5th or whatever in points though, so its your 'bend but dont break' sort of fraudulent poo poo where someone is bound to drop like 30 or 40 on them as soon as they stop getting a bunch of psychotic turnovers, favorable penalties, and poo poo like today where the refs pretend that a safety didnt happen.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

they are 8th in points allowed and 24th in yards allowed

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

Incredible

Yeah cause the Giants rule, and they are going to win the super bowl. I wish everyone a pleasant night, except for Russell Wilson

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

they are 8th in points allowed and 24th in yards allowed

Spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I am going to admit here that I am speaking for whichever one is the dolphins hc

I thought as much. That's mike mcdaniel