Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

My Asta is e0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

My Asta is e0

That doesn't matter for the adventure challenges. Her eidolons have nothing to do with her overworld animations and technique.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Nor actual level, just remember to swap her back out before entering combat lol

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the adventure challenges are really easy for me with fu xuan, her attack has a pretty big radius and gets everything

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ytlaya posted:

Sampo is necessary for me to max two of the three barrel shoot challenges, due to his ranged AoE technique. With him + Fu Xuan (or Asta as 4* alternative) I can get all barrels for all the maps. The only one I sometimes fail is the Luofu one, where I miss a barrel with one of Sampo's techniques.

The trotters are always a crapshoot - if I get lucky with thei clustering I can get the max rewards.

Sampo's technique is super good for the Trotters. The range on the stun is absolutely gigantic and he attacks fast as poo poo.

My first full clear was literally just Sampo tossing stun grenades and knifing them all between stuns.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

someone awful. posted:

the adventure challenges are really easy for me with fu xuan, her attack has a pretty big radius and gets everything

I suck real bad at any of the barrel challenges. I mostly do them on the phone, and I consistently get only 21 or 22 barrels. Do you use FX for those, too?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

M7, or probably anyone with a long range attack, can slowly and methodically snipe the trotters and they will not react.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

coolusername posted:

I’ve never managed space station, the turns and aiming are too tricky for me on my phone. Kafka is great at trotter, I just run around spamming her tech and everything dies, and Jingliu got me the docks and mines barrels because her aoe radius tags everything you run past, but space station timing is so tight and I get caught on the edges of platforms.

Holy poo poo I'm an idiot and never considered using Jingliu's Technique to do the barrel missions. Always wondered how anyone got close to hitting all 30 using regular melee.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

coolusername posted:

I’ve never managed space station, the turns and aiming are too tricky for me on my phone. Kafka is great at trotter, I just run around spamming her tech and everything dies, and Jingliu got me the docks and mines barrels because her aoe radius tags everything you run past, but space station timing is so tight and I get caught on the edges of platforms.

drat, that Jingliu tech is amazing. Sounds like Space Station is just extra difficult for everyone.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Asta is great for all of the adventures but especially the Space Station one since she can snipe the final barrels from the platform across

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Gearman posted:

drat, that Jingliu tech is amazing. Sounds like Space Station is just extra difficult for everyone.

The only issue with Jingliu is that her technique has a pretty long animation imo.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Gearman posted:

I suck real bad at any of the barrel challenges. I mostly do them on the phone, and I consistently get only 21 or 22 barrels. Do you use FX for those, too?

yeah, i use her for all of them. if you're a big dork like me and fully memorize the layouts, you can hit all of the barrels with her atk without stressing too much. but you can't really waste any time, you gotta know where they all are

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Lord_Magmar posted:

The only issue with Jingliu is that her technique has a pretty long animation imo.

I pop it at around the 2 second countdown so it comes up right as the barrier drops.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i try not to worry about the adventure stages because I dont think they matter that much tbh

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I play on my phone so I don't stress too much, because I know there's no way I'm getting everything with these clunky-rear end controls.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Obnoxipus posted:

I play on my phone so I don't stress too much, because I know there's no way I'm getting everything with these clunky-rear end controls.

this is the way

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Tree Reformat posted:

That's actually apparently a bug: the trotters aren't supposed to just blithely ignore Topaz shooting them all. Hoyo says it'll be fixed in 1.6.

Thanks for letting me know. Grabbed that trotter cheevo which was one of only 4 I was missing in the category. It's a shame Predator and Nick of Time are pretty much impossible and the new one needs you to own Argenti.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I didn't notice until just this second that Huohuo has a box cutter in her LC

Don't gently caress with this shrimp

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Meowywitch posted:

I didn't notice until just this second that Huohuo has a box cutter in her LC

Don't gently caress with this shrimp

I saw an Huohuo ad for the game today and was wondering why tf she had a box cutter in it but man you right :psyduck:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Apparently it may have actually been her original weapon?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Gotta say I’d appreciated her character a lot more if she pulled that out and started stabbing when it came to her big story moment.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

The boxcutter was from when “Mr. Tail” was a delusion/not a real entity and she would cut a motherfucker if anyone didn’t agree that her tail was actually alive and glowing.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

rio posted:

The boxcutter was from when “Mr. Tail” was a delusion/not a real entity and she would cut a motherfucker if anyone didn’t agree that her tail was actually alive and glowing.

If this is true, Mr Tail being real is much better than that. Although that isn't bad.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Yandere Huohuo is a far more interesting character concept, but also far less marketable (especially considering Jingliu exists and mostly fills that niche now).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Honestly a little weird that she's a healer considering nothing in her story really implies that. As opposed to a more offensive oriented exorcism magic kit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

Yandere Huohuo is a far more interesting character concept, but also far less marketable (especially considering Jingliu exists and mostly fills that niche now).

It's OK the people are already busy rewriting Huohuo into a Yandere

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

But does the Luofu even know what Nevada is?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Obnoxipus posted:

Buddy, I play on a tablet, which is basically "playing on a phone, but even more awkward." It's possible :colbert:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Clarste posted:

Honestly a little weird that she's a healer considering nothing in her story really implies that. As opposed to a more offensive oriented exorcism magic kit.

A lot of her healing is sort of passive to be fair, the actual skill starts with "dispell a debuff" and the heal is sort of secondary, and her ult is empowering others to fight harder. Her talent is scaring overworld enemies. She's actually a really offensive Abundance design, it's just that in terms of offensive Abundance designs Luocha exists.

Because of how her heal actually functions, she's sort of meant to attack pretty often until you really need the heal (and she's the only healer whose ult cannot save a low health unit via interrupt)?

Also whilst obviously getting her Eidolons isn't realistic, they are intended to reduce the amount of turns she's healing people, between making her trait last an extra turn and improve ally speed, having a pretty hefty low health heal boost (so you can take longer to heal), and finally just straight up adding 50% attack to anyone she heals via her skill.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I mean, none of that has anything to do with the fact that the story never implies that she can heal people at all, unlike every other healer.

They act more like her job is subduing ghosts.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Eimi posted:

You know I didn't think of ever playing her without touching her skill, even at e6. How long does it take to cycle her ult with na's only?

About 3 turns if you gear her up right. My Yukong is really fast and has a metric ton of crit damage and crit chance on her. If you use her ult right as DHIL's turn comes up, it boosts his damage considerably. You can still use her skill before DHIL's turn if he entered the fight using his talent or if he has his ult charged too if you prefer.

However. Hanya is basically going to replace Yukong in a few weeks for similar damage boosts for DHIL and is significantly easier to use because she's so SP positive so... at this point it's not worth building up Yukong to use her for this. She did her job amazingly well but she'll be hitting the benches soon.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I wish Yukong's E1 had been something else since it messes up my DHIL/Bronya speedtuning

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Buddy, I play on a tablet, which is basically "playing on a phone, but even more awkward." It's possible :colbert:

Sorry, I don't know how to read. Let me be comfortable with mediocrity

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Did Genshin do anything for Black Friday or Christmas sale-wise? Curious if we'll get anything here as some other gachas start advertising their "deals" for this weekend.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
They do not and never have.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they do holiday spend events in HI3 but i dont expect it to come back in any of their modern games

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

doubt mihoyo even knows what black friday is

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

these ghost tales investigations are pretty good if you take the time to read it all.
been doing one or two a day as planned.
Many of them continue the character stories like Yukongs which still is very bittersweet.

Kale
May 14, 2010

bagrada posted:

Did Genshin do anything for Black Friday or Christmas sale-wise? Curious if we'll get anything here as some other gachas start advertising their "deals" for this weekend.

Mihoyo doesn't really approach things with a market standard gacha game marketing scheme for better or worse. Frankly I'm sort of surprised they went with a Halloween horror theme around the right time of year even and am not entirely convinced it wasn't just a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The best you get is bonus gem purchases resetting every major region release