Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

quote:

quote:

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1711432344358576240

He's not lying, but for the sake of everyone's sanity I will not post the evidence to this thread.
I'm glad to hear that, it belongs in the political cartoons thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

practicing my antisemitism by boycotting hebrew national hotdogs

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The Greatest American Stories are a story about a White Guy who so thoroughly gains the respect of an Ethnic Community that they give him a name in their language that means something cool, like "Ghost Hawk" or "The Pale Watcher" or "The Good One"

This nation was founded on White Savior tropes :patriot:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Voting is just like a bus station.

Everyone gets put on the same bus no matter where they want to go. You get to state your preference for its destination, between one of only two options (there are more options on paper but you're not supposed to pick one of the others because they aren't serious destinations), but if you lose the vote, tough noogies. Only the votes from a few swing neighborhoods matter, most of us live in a red neighborhood or a blue neighborhood and our preference will be counted for that regardless of what we say. Oh and the stated destinations can be total lies ("Take this bus to Public Option Place it's the closest to your goal on Medicare For All Motorway...lol just kidding you're getting dropped off at Bomb Arab Kids Boulevard again!")

And no matter how close you get to your destination you can never get out and walk, you just get put on another bus and another..forever. Now why aren't you excited to pick your next destination, it's the most important bus ride of our lives!

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
You want to take the voting bus to Public Option Street? That would be highly disrespectful to the bus driver and everyone who pulled the cord to stop at Affordable Care Boulevard.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SixteenShells posted:

You want to take the voting bus to Public Option Street? That would be highly disrespectful to the bus driver and everyone who pulled the cord to stop at Affordable Care Boulevard.

You can't get there from here.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"where can I get?"

OH, so now the Bus has to go somewhere for it to be worth it for you to get on? you make me sick

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Trying to tell everyone that the bus keeps running over children and getting told that I need to grow up and sit down to quietly watch the Disney movie they are playing for us.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you really need to be nicer to the bus

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Voting is just like a bus station.

Everyone gets put on the same bus no matter where they want to go. You get to state your preference for its destination, between one of only two options (there are more options on paper but you're not supposed to pick one of the others because they aren't serious destinations), but if you lose the vote, tough noogies. Only the votes from a few swing neighborhoods matter, most of us live in a red neighborhood or a blue neighborhood and our preference will be counted for that regardless of what we say. Oh and the stated destinations can be total lies ("Take this bus to Public Option Place it's the closest to your goal on Medicare For All Motorway...lol just kidding you're getting dropped off at Bomb Arab Kids Boulevard again!")

And no matter how close you get to your destination you can never get out and walk, you just get put on another bus and another..forever. Now why aren't you excited to pick your next destination, it's the most important bus ride of our lives!

Also both destinations are a pit of lava and if you complain you just get shouted at because the other pit of lava is somehow worse

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Look, I took Bus class in 10th grade and they told me that our bus is the best in the world and can't possibly be improved on and I'm just gonna steadfastly believe that no matter how many times it breaks down or runs over my friends.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius posted:

I got on this train because it seemed to get me closest to my destination, but the train isn't even moving, it's just killing foreigners. It won't stop. Everybody on the train is swarming the employees trying to get them to stop this train from killing people, but all they keep saying is that another train would probably kill more people

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sorry, best we can do is get john mayer to sing Stop This Train

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
voting is like a bus

rich people have spent a lot of money on shaming people into riding it

as a distraction from the fact that they spent way more making sure the bus lines never intersect with their business or lower property values

wait poo poo i did this wrong

let me try again

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

uninterrupted posted:

fr it's wild that people follow the same approach the mom from home alone proved was stupid

The thing is that hitching a ride with John Candy's polka band would actually violate the terms of the voting analogy, because it's an alternative to buying one of exactly two tickets whose destinations you don't get to pick. If you suggest that in response to a voting analogy (eg "I just cook my own food at home!"), you are arguing in bad faith.

Instead, Kevin's mom takes a plane back from Paris to Scranton, then just keeps taking flights to other places around the country, insisting that eventually one of them will be to Chicago. She's still missing when the movie ends

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
voting is like a bus

every time i get on there is a guy yelling about jewish mind control fluorides and jerking off

and the driver says to just put up with it until the next stop

maybe he will go away

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

loquacius posted:

found what I was thinking of and it really depends if you think a Maureen Dowd article counts as a real take

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1231629495708377089

incredible

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Voting is like a pool. You get in there and you touch President Biden's hairy legs which were blonde then for some reason. Then he calls me a homophobic slur. Also, I can't swim so I immediately drown and die.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nichael posted:

Voting is like a pool. You get in there and you touch President Biden's hairy legs which were blonde then for some reason. Then he calls me a homophobic slur. Also, I can't swim so I immediately drown and die.

and there's a lot of piss

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i'm pissing in my pants right now, baby

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

there's a good chance that like 50% of liberals still believe watching "Joker" will turn you insane and/or make you into a CHUD

i remember the deluge of lib articles pearl-clutching over the joker movie "enabling incel violence"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ex post facho posted:

Sitting on the sidelines in 2024 will not improve the lot of the Palestinians but it will have severe negative consequences for other oppressed groups world wide.

Are you advocating that people vote for Trump?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1726374185360843174

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Rochallor posted:

Green Book was even more bewildering for how it won Best Picture in an era when voters have been picking more radical choices for the first time. The movies that won on either side of it were The Shape of Water and Parasite.

it was picked because it was about a white guy teaching a black guy how to be black

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nichael posted:

nichael I want you to know this: my wife is much less Online than me, and over the course of the last seven years has slowly become radicalized etc you know how cspam is

yesterday I said "oh man that's bad." to something totally random. and she said "you know who was bad? Corn Pop. and he ran a bunch of bad boys."

so I just want you to know that it's spreading even outside of Delaware

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

nichael I want you to know this: my wife is much less Online than me, and over the course of the last seven years has slowly become radicalized etc you know how cspam is

yesterday I said "oh man that's bad." to something totally random. and she said "you know who was bad? Corn Pop. and he ran a bunch of bad boys."

so I just want you to know that it's spreading even outside of Delaware

I take no pleasure in this solemnity.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nichael posted:

you learn a lot about roaches

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it was picked because it was about a white guy teaching a black guy how to be black

he's a wop, and really, what business does any wop have telling anyone else how to behave

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

:whitewater:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It should've been Roma, but Spielberg and co were still whining about Netflix, so we had to suffer this indignity instead.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
These "we're all going in the same direction, support us" is funny when you look at where democrats really put their effort in. Of the top 10 most expensive congressional races in 2022:

Democrats outspent Republicans in 7 of them.

Of those 7:

1 was a no-shot effort against MTG
3 were in relatively close districts in favor of moderates
3 were in completely safe blue districts with the bulk of the spending being towards defeating primaries to the left of the incumbent.

Henry Cuellar spent more money , and had more outside money spent in his favor, to defeat Jessica Cisneros, than Adam Frisch, the guy who came close to unseating Lauren Boebert (the closest election that dems lost in 2022).

That's the main thing to understand about the democratic party: better a thousand seats flip republican than a single blue seat move slightly to the left.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

nichael I want you to know this: my wife

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wow

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

joepinetree posted:

These "we're all going in the same direction, support us" is funny when you look at where democrats really put their effort in. Of the top 10 most expensive congressional races in 2022:

Democrats outspent Republicans in 7 of them.

Of those 7:

1 was a no-shot effort against MTG
3 were in relatively close districts in favor of moderates
3 were in completely safe blue districts with the bulk of the spending being towards defeating primaries to the left of the incumbent.

Henry Cuellar spent more money , and had more outside money spent in his favor, to defeat Jessica Cisneros, than Adam Frisch, the guy who came close to unseating Lauren Boebert (the closest election that dems lost in 2022).

That's the main thing to understand about the democratic party: better a thousand seats flip republican than a single blue seat move slightly to the left.

and this makes complete sense when you look at the structure of the democratic party. of course the party supports keeping their jobs more than winning, they lose their power if they lose their jobs and they don't gain any power within the party by winning new seats.

the chair of the Texas or Florida democratic party has no reason to make enemies in the hopes of winning more seats, how does their state turning blue make them more powerful? if anything, it would weaken their power as there would be other power bases inside the party beside their own.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Sure, of course. It’s just that, for many/most, the line is “the other guy.” It’s unsatisfying, I suppose, but it’s an intractable reality and I’m not going to let angst over it eliminate my small amount of influence.

If I really believed that a victory for Democrats was doing some harm that would be prevented by their loss I would weigh my options. But there is absolutely no evidence of that or even anything remotely close.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

she starts protectively & proactively shielding her chest with her arms as soon as he starts talking to her.

kids can smell pervs a mile away.

stir up trouble
Mar 14, 2022

https://twitter.com/AllNaz1s/status/1726657583187157384

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

spacetoaster posted:

you should vote for trump

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"You're not voting for Trump, are you?"

No, I don't support genocidal rapists.

"Oh, so you're voting for Biden?"

No, I don't support genocidal rapists.

"So you ARE voting for Trump!"

No, I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll