Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Somebody made a statement I agree with and I have nothing to add. Clumsily I press one key after the other until the message is clear: "Exactly". People are waking up to the woke mob and everything is coming together. Maybe not everyone likes me but that makes it easier to distinguish between friend and foe. There is only one way for X and for me and Tesla and that is upwards, like one of my interplanetary rockets. The future is bright for white men and women. This stuff is good it's really strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

gschmidl posted:

The 3%ers is also some nazi dogwhistle, isn't it?

No, that's 1%ers. Some government official 40 years ago said '99% of motorcyclists are thoughtful law abiding citizens' so all the nazi/white supremacist clubs starting calling themselves 1%ers.

Then a bunch of non white supremacists/nazi clubs started doing it too, cargo culting those beefy tough boys.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Elon Musk should dress up as a car battery and do what is right and correct for them

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

No, that's 1%ers. Some government official 40 years ago said '99% of motorcyclists are thoughtful law abiding citizens' so all the nazi/white supremacist clubs starting calling themselves 1%ers.

Then a bunch of non white supremacists/nazi clubs started doing it too, cargo culting those beefy tough boys.

The Three Percenter concept, created in 2008, is based on an inaccurate historical claim that only three percent of Americans fought in the Revolutionary War against the British.

RFC
Nov 3, 2002
Are we sure Libs of Tiktok is even female? Show us your vagina you coward.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

He cant fill the thermonuclear lawsuit without the streetfighter lawyers, and he still havent found them

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Does free speech still require one easy payment of $8?

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Avirosb posted:

Does free speech still require one easy payment of $8?

You actually have options now apparently - a $3 per month plan, an $8 per month plan, and Premium+ for $16. It really depends on how much you want to waste your money free speech you want.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Where two or three come together in my name, there will be a mutiny. -- Elon "Jesus Christ" Musk

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Radio Paranoia posted:

Yacc doesn't get a cool X icon like Elon? Even though she's the CEO?

Actually does anybody else have that particular piece of flair or is only the specialest boy allowed??

she has one

also

"I have all the evidence but I can't show it to you now"

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Censorship industry

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

she has one

also

Twitter files are BACK baby!

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Censorship industry

Feeling wiped out after another long day on the at the ol' censorship factory, busting my hump on the assembly line manufacturing shadowbans for the free thinkers

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 20, 2023

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

kazil posted:

she has one

also

lmfao he's still talking to that Mike Benz

quote:

Michael Benz, a former Trump State Department official whose work has been cited in congressional hearings and promoted by Elon Musk, has become a go-to voice for Republican criticism of government and social media censorship in the past year.

But before his stints in government and as a pundit, Benz appears to have been a pseudonymous alt-right content creator who courted and interacted with white nationalists and posted videos espousing racist conspiracy theories, according to recordings, livestreams and blog posts reviewed by NBC News.

The pseudonym, Frame Game, posted videos and participated in podcasts and livestreams during the rise of the alt-right following Donald Trump’s election. Frame Game avoided showing his face in his videos or appearances, during which he pushed a variety of far-right narratives including the “Great Replacement Theory” that posits the white race is being eradicated in America for politics and profits. In others, Frame Game said he was a white identitarian, railed against the idea of diversity and made montages urging white viewers to unite under the banner of race.

In interviews with white nationalists, Frame Game blamed Jews for “controlling the media” and for the decline of the white race. “If you were to remove the Jewish influence on the West,” he said in one video, “white people would not face the threat of white genocide that they currently do.”

Frame Game stopped posting in 2018. A review of his content revealed various details that match Benz’s appearance and life story. Benz, in his public posts and appearances, has not espoused the same racist views as Frame Game.

[...]

In a blog post from 2017, Frame Game described himself as “a Jew who is deeply sympathetic to the AltRight’s accurate depiction of the double-edged nature of Jewish influence on Europe and America.” A former self-described libertarian, Frame Game credited alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos as “putting the puzzle together” and opening his eyes.

In the same 2017 blog, Frame Game railed against the censorship of his channel and of alt right ideas. Frame Game specifically mentioned Reddit banning the alt right community and quarantining a pro-Donald Trump community, Facebook’s fact-checking efforts, and Twitter’s Trust and Safety Counsel and its consultation with “the Jewish censorship squad Anti-Defamation League.”

The Anti-Defamation League has been a frequent target of Benz’s ire in recent livestreams.

“The fight for white identity would mean a battle for the soul of the internet itself,” Frame Game wrote in 2017. Frame Game sometimes referred to himself as “alt-lite,” a play on alt-right, a community that was resistant even to Jewish people who sympathized with them.

Frame Game was promoted by alt-right leaders including Richard Spencer, who led torch-carrying white nationalists in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017, and has appeared often on podcasts of white supremacists including Patrick Casey of the group then known as Identity Evropa, which helped plan the deadly Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville. On Canadian white-supremacist Jean-François Gariépy’s podcast, Frame Game discussed his views that whites are being systematically replaced by nonwhites — which he claimed Jews were responsible for.

“If I, a Jew, a member of the Tribe, Hebrew Schooled, can read Mein Kampf & think ‘holy poo poo, Hitler actually had some decent points.’ Then NO ONE is safe from hating you once they find out who is behind the White genocide happening all over the world,” he wrote in another post.

In interviews with white nationalists, Frame Game said that he doesn’t share the same end goals, such as a white ethnostate.

“I want white identity politics to grow like wildfire,” he said in an interview with a white nationalist publication in 2018, adding that his goals weren’t a white ethnostate, but a stop to “ethnic identity politics in America” and to reverse “white demographic suicide.”

“Look, we’re in different movements, but there’s overlap” Frame Game told the interviewer, an avowed white nationalist. “I just want white positivity to be normal instead of white toxicity. If you want something more than that, cool.”

Frame Game’s online persona began to run into some of the same issues that Benz would later rail against: social media moderation. The rise of the alt-right online and the proliferation of hate speech triggered calls from civil society organizations and politicians for companies to take action. Many did, instituting new policies and punishments that began to limit the kind of content that Frame Game propagated.

By 2018, Frame Game had received multiple warnings and strikes on his YouTube videos. He posted that titles like “How White People Turned Alt-Right” were being censored. Sometime in the fall of 2018, Frame Game made his videos private and seemingly stepped away from the channel altogether. Many of his videos have been archived or republished on alternative platforms. Frame Game also disappeared from Twitter.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
If only Big Censorship would stop hogging all the bandwidth :[

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Once again

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1f270b5a2cb045&

Kale
May 14, 2010

kazil posted:

she has one

also

What will big censorship inflict upon the world next I wonder? I'm sure Elon, Chud influencers and RWM will keep us informed on this issue.

I'm actually surprised that somebody as terminally online and pathetic as Elon hasn't gotten involved in any anime game pre-bitching paranoia campaigns about "censorship" that are all the rage these days in those circles. The ones where literally nobody has to do anything and people will be tearing their hair out about how their anime tiddies are going to get censored by Sony, the CCP or some other representation of the man. It's deeply stupid stuff that's guaranteed easy clout and acknowledgment for a sad sack gently caress like Elon from the stupidest people out there that he seems to seek approval from the most.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 20, 2023

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Just the best, most thoughtful commentary.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

mannerup posted:

this is an aside, but Billboard Chris is a complete piece of poo poo who I have had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting in person recently on my campus while he was wearing some sandwich board about giving hormones to children in a very ugly salmon blazer. he's also someone who is quick to cry to campus security when you get in his face to tell him to go gently caress himself, not realizing they aren't going to tell faculty to leave their own campus

even cops don't seem to like him :unsmith:

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

IBroughttheFunk posted:

You actually have options now apparently - a $3 per month plan, an $8 per month plan, and Premium+ for $16. It really depends on how much you want to waste your money free speech you want.

Remember this pricing is from web purchases only

It's an extra $3 if you use the phone app to sign up lol

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
if the cybertruk doesn't have a trailer hitch where are you supposed to put the trucknutz

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

she has one

also

Who is Mike benz

Apparently the head of the foundation for freedom online

Who works at the "foundation for freedom online"? Only listed person is Mike Benz. Okay, go a step deeper, google the FFO itself. Odd, only mention is in an interview with Mike Benz and the Federal Register. Who the gently caress is the Federal Register? LinkedIn has TWO employees there, the CEO and a student at the uni of virginia.

Well, looks like another tentacle of the endless right wing welfare network, with teeny outlets promoting other teeny outlets

Cool, cool

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Who the gently caress is the Federal Register? LinkedIn has TWO employees there, the CEO and a student at the uni of virginia.
the Federal Register is the official journal for the United States Government, that LinkedIn is a dud

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Maybe you can’t replicate the ad placement that they documented because all the advertisers already left. Just a thought.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mannerup posted:

the Federal Register is the official journal for the United States Government, that LinkedIn is a dud

My bad, it was the federal newswire

Not an official thing at all

Kale
May 14, 2010

I'm still in awe of all these people just willing to performatively, and I mean like Shakespearean theater William Shatner levels of performative theatrics, die on this hill of wanting to do antisemitism and "Hitler was right about these things" unsolicited statements----------->"Why won't you let me have free speech Joe Biden?!!??!?!111".

Like how mad must Kanye be now that he jumped the gun on this hot social media trend at least a year early and ate all the poo poo for it when he could have just blended in with these people and collectively shared whatever fallout or not is coming their way.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Just the best, most thoughtful commentary.
Well they seem to be abandoning the last remaining pretenses that "free speech" isn't just a dog whistle for "all out hate speech" so there's that to consider. Maybe they should ask those companies that are pulling their ads what they think directly though and get a comment on how it is that they figure that they are just being hoodwinked by an independent watchdog rather than having their own internal watchdog teams that are likely making the exact same recommendations on what to do with their advertising budgets or not after carefully weighing the cost/benefits of continuing to purchase ad spaces on X/Twitter.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 20, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
"We tried various ways to replicate Media Matters' research and couldn't."

I get ya bro I'm not very good at my job either.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

yes ads were showing next to the nazi content, but ads from regular companies, not the big ones that have already announced they've stopped advertising

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

The nuclear lawsuit was on the rocket, but they lost it during the incident. So now we have a broken arrow lawsuit

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Avirosb posted:

"We tried various ways to replicate Media Matters' research and couldn't."

I get ya bro I'm not very good at my job either.

Mike shellenberger is extremely bad at his job

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I have a binder filled with women evidence. also i dont have the bandwide to post it. also cant post it now, next week when my russian pals give me the prop.

Kale
May 14, 2010

but no, obviously it's just this one company and this one company alone that is the problem and just completely misleading all these big billion dollar companies like Disney, Apple and IBM and as soon as this awful mean company Media Matters is dealt with they'll all come flocking back to "the town square" where there definitely isn't daily chaos, drama and volatility that makes it a volatile high risk and unpredictable platform for purchasing ad space on. Like they'll just get it after media matters is dealt with. It's all just jokes man...just a little irony and bigotry. It's just free speech ya know...

Elon: "You loving oppressors! You scum sucking sub human free speech hating woke filth at Disney etc. Get the gently caress back here right now and start purchasing ad space and giving me money right the gently caress now before I sue your woke asses!!!!":argh:

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 20, 2023

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

the wildest thing is that for anyone else the "Wow" would be "Wow, that's a pretty hosed up way to refer to another person!" but for the special boy it's "Wow, I can't believe they would post stuff that makes my income nosedive!"

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

rotinaj posted:

My bad, it was the federal newswire

Not an official thing at all
Mike Benz is an alt-right influencer who made a bunch of videos about white replacement theory being plotted by jews and ended up in 2018 turning all his videos private and tried to scrub his online identity after being offered a job in the Trump administration to work for HUD's Ben Carson as a speechwriter and then moved to the State Department shortly after for a position as "deputy assistant secretary for international communications and information technology" for less than a year.

he used that credential to re-brand himself post-Trump administration as a expert on cybersecurity and online information campaigns, which got amplified by people like Matt Taibbi and Michael Shellenberger who promoted him as someone who was the head of the cyber division of the State Department during their Twitter spaces, which got him into the view of Elon Musk.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mannerup posted:

Mike Benz is an alt-right influencer who made a bunch of videos about white replacement theory being plotted by jews and ended up in 2018 turning all his videos private and tried to scrub his online identity after being offered a job in the Trump administration to work for HUD's Ben Carson as a speechwriter and then moved to the State Department shortly after for a position as "deputy assistant secretary for international communications and information technology" for less than a year.

he used that credential to re-brand himself post-Trump administration as a expert on cybersecurity and online information campaigns, which got amplified by people like Matt Taibbi and Michael Shellenberger who promoted him as someone who was the head of the cyber division of the State Department during their Twitter spaces, which got him into the view of Elon Musk.

Isn't it nice when the old boomer chestnut about networking to find employment actually works

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
we couldn't replicate the ad placement that elon already admitted was happening, therefore it didn't actually happen

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Maybe thermonuclear meant MAD?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

...because Musk does look like Alfred E. Neuman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
It's Media Matters and not the transphobes and nazis who are scaring advertisers away.
Elon Musk will not tolerate such slanderous free speech on X the everything app.