Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1726648910205378951

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I would never joke or exaggerate about the cardinals front office being embarrassing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/NotMrTibbs/status/1726647661347193269

Jones
Beltre
Manny
Arod

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Billy Wagner probably gets in since he’s close

Todd Helton may follow him

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I'd want to throw so many "don't want you to fail out after one year" pity votes to so many of the first year folks... basically everyone except Shields, VMart, Joey Bats, and Gonzalez.

And of course a real vote for Beltre, as well as Wagner, Manny, and ARod.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Imagine not voting for Joe Mauer smh

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

IcePhoenix posted:

Imagine not voting for Joe Mauer smh

Seriously, what the hell is with all this sleepin' on Mauer?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

cmon let sheff in you jerks

edit ah I didnt realize he was prominently in the balco report, rip

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Cardinals signed Lance Lynn, lmao

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Nodoze posted:

The Cardinals signed Lance Lynn, lmao

:yeshaha:

Also it seems like “be Mad Online that Sammy Sosa isn’t in the HoF” season comes earlier every year

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I like lance Lynn but the front office and beat writers are absolutely going to make this signing out like he’s some incredible bounce back candidate which is hilarious if you look at his numbers from last season. Dude is toast

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Everything points to the fact that Lynn should be absolute dogshit next year so I expect Cardinals devil magic to strike yet again and he'll be a sleeper Cy candidate who goes like 4-0 with a negative ERA vs the Cubs in 2024.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The guy who gave up 100 consecutive homeruns to the small ball Diamondbacks?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’d vote for I think 8 guys on that list

Pretty good list

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

I'd vote for Beltre and Bobby A, and that's it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The hall is ruined anyway

I used to care a lot about it and had a good time with it. Then the writers acted like idiots for ever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean Scott rolen was a fine player but him in over the other guys is really stupid and just kind of about kills the entire institution

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Ohtani is gonna be a boring old Dodger isn't he :smith:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I like lance Lynn but the front office and beat writers are absolutely going to make this signing out like he’s some incredible bounce back candidate which is hilarious if you look at his numbers from last season. Dude is toast

Yes but have you considered that he used to play for the Cardinals

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Ohtani is gonna be an exciting new Cub isn't he :unsmith:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Ohtani is gonna be a boring old Dodger isn't he :smith:

The hell he will. Gonna be a Cub and be awesome.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Sydin posted:

Everything points to the fact that Lynn should be absolute dogshit next year so I expect Cardinals devil magic to strike yet again and he'll be a sleeper Cy candidate who goes like 4-0 with a negative ERA vs the Cubs in 2024.

That would whip rear end but devil magic is USUALLY reserved for young guys nobody has ever heard of. See: Donovan, Brendan & Edman, Tommy for two recent examples

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Abreu
Betre
Buhrle
Helton
Ramirez
AROD
Sheffield
Wagner
Utley

I will be interested to see how close Beltre can get to 100% now that the ice has been broken on that

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 20, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1mnGepbLMznKX

Aaron Nola looks less like an athlete and more like he's going as Kenny G for Halloween

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can you post the picture in some other way

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I have to think that Steve Stone getting into a feud with Lance Lynn by calling him too fat for the pitch clock on the Official White Sox Post-game Show was one of the highlights of the 2023 White Sox season.

E: I apologize it was Steve Stone who called him fat, Ozzie said he fielded a bunt like "a 105 year-old man"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

bawfuls posted:

Not how the luxury tax works. Tax hit for contracts is based on AAV of guaranteed money, specifically so teams can't to weird contract poo poo to game the system.

It's more likely that this is an internal budget thing. Move the 4 million from this year to 2026 when Morton and others are off the books.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Also Buehrle, Mauer and Helton

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Nobody's mentioned Utley yet but he's getting in, maybe not first ballot but he's got the WAR and JAWS numbers plus a ring.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rollins ans utley should be in

I am not a homer

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

euphronius posted:

Rollins ans utley should be in

I am not a homer

Rollins doesn't belong anywhere near the HoF lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Those last few years Andruw was hanging around really affected how I remembered him, that dude was a beast for a long time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nodoze posted:

Rollins doesn't belong anywhere near the HoF lol

He’s better than Rizzuto !!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I've always felt that one of the Kinsler/Pedroia/Utley triumvirate of second basemen was going to make the hall, and I don't think Pedroia had quite enough career to get in.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I have to think that Steve Stone getting into a feud with Lance Lynn by calling him too fat for the pitch clock on the Official White Sox Post-game Show was one of the highlights of the 2023 White Sox season.

E: I apologize it was Steve Stone who called him fat, Ozzie said he fielded a bunt like "a 105 year-old man"

Stoney told Lance Lynn to eat a couple salads

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rollins is firmly at Ozzie smith levels so it’s hard to argue he should not be in

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

euphronius posted:

Rollins is firmly at Ozzie smith levels so it’s hard to argue he should not be in

Also JRoll is like a hundred times cooler than Pedroia

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

howe_sam posted:

I've always felt that one of the Kinsler/Pedroia/Utley triumvirate of second basemen was going to make the hall, and I don't think Pedroia had quite enough career to get in.
Also Jeff Kent never got in. He has at least a borderline case.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looking up stats and man Jeter was pretty good

I remember there was always an undercurrent that he was overrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Utley won Rollins and Howard's MVP, he would be an easy lock