Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Henchman of Santa posted:

Dan Mullen's Mississippi State is basically what A&M has been for my entire life, just with the occasional five star.

Right, which is why it would be a waste of everyone’s time, Traylor’s most of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

If Lincoln Riley isn't gone tonight, he's gotta be gone at the end of the season, right?

Lmao what

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee desperately needs a new DB coach and DC

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee desperately needs a new DB coach and DC

Banks has done fine as DC, this years defense took a huge step forward and was looking good before all the injuries.

That said fire Willy Martinez into the sun.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1726255422980645106?s=46

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, that one's been coming for a while

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Looking up Dino's years at Syracuse– they somehow managed to play 11 games during the Covid year, with no cancellations. Obviously they probably wish they hadn't.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is from a guy i've never heard of at the Daily Herald (a suburban chicago paper), who says that Northwestern also hired Braun because every single candidate they talked to flat turned them down except for Bronco Mendenhall who was interested. According to the article, the list of coaches who talked to Pat Ryan, Jr. (the main booster guy's son who is described in the column as the "jerry jones jr" of northwestern athletics good gravy) is:

Mike Elko, Lance Leipold, Dave Clawson of Wake Forest, Mike Kafka, Tommy Rees. Troy Calhoun, Paul Chryst and Willie Fritz.

Lol the Northwestern job is absolutely a downgrade for every single one of those guys except for Chryst who probably thinks he's got a shot somewhere better.

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/...-on-david-braun

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I thought Bronco was done with the whole coaching thing.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pittman not fired

https://x.com/HunterYurachek/status/1726310100145680585?s=20

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

If you hire the UTSA guy, you don't have to pay him $90 million. He's the coach of UTSA.

He makes $2.5 million a year now

I mean the total bill for the coaching change. Buying out Jimbo and his assistants, buying out Traylor’s UTSA contract and paying him, and hiring and paying new assistants, probably buying them out of contracts elsewhere, too. Jimbo alone is $77m. $90m is very conservative imo.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Yeah the whole thing is gonna cost north of 100 milly before ATM signs a single paycheck for any of the new coaching staff

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Yeah the whole thing is gonna cost north of 100 milly before ATM signs a single paycheck for any of the new coaching staff

It’s insane. The whole point of this contract was they couldn’t get out of it. They were married to Jimbo, committed. They set it up where they couldn’t get emotional and fire him because nobody would do this to themselves. And then they just… did. They totally underestimated their own capacity to melt down this hard.

It’s like if Odysseus had his crew tie him to the mast so he could hear the siren song but not die, but then the chorus hit and he somehow ripped the mast off the boat and plunged face first into the water still tied to it.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Frankly Bjork should be out for signing up for that stupid-rear end contract in the first place but in any case its not my money

Thermos H Christ posted:

It’s insane. The whole point of this contract was they couldn’t get out of it. They were married to Jimbo, committed. They set it up where they couldn’t get emotional and fire him because nobody would do this to themselves. And then they just… did. They totally underestimated their own capacity to melt down this hard.

It’s like if Odysseus had his crew tie him to the mast so he could hear the siren song but not die, but then the chorus hit and he somehow ripped the mast off the boat and plunged face first into the water still tied to it.

To be fair given the talent he's recruited the results are so far beyond unacceptable that I don't think you can really chalk this up to just emotional reactions.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-jamey-chadwell-a-top-target-at-mississippi-state

Chadwell at MSU strikes me as a decent fit. Though how is he as a recruiter? Isn't that pretty important in Starkville?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

curried lamb of God posted:

please fire Dana

I don't think it's going to happen this year. Tillman Fertitta is on the record saying he's willing to write this year off as adjusting to the Big 12. There's no reason not to fire him now that the season's over on Saturday. Beat A&M to the punch getting Traylor, etc.

Dana is not recruiting Houston (or anywhere - UH has a sub-100 ranked recruiting class) and has made all kind of statements that sound like he's given up. Multiple underclassmen starters being openly lobbied to portal out. 2024's not going to be any better. I don't see why he should stay other than no one feels like paying a buyout.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 20, 2023

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Traylor at Houston makes sense and seems a lot more likely to me than Traylor at ATM

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If I was about to pot-commit to Traylor (as A&M, Houston, Baylor, whoever), it would be nice to see what a season without Frank Harris looks like, but I know any hire is a leap of faith to some extent.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
It’s like the old paradox about omnipotence. Can A&M make a contract so onerous and unfavorable that they themselves cannot break it?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The greatest troll in the history of football would be for Jimbo to get an SEC gig and beat A&M while they’re paying him $8m a year or whatever to coach against them.

He was kind of incentivized to get fired by this contract where he gets paid his full salary 100% no matter what, no offset if he gets another job. So if he can get fired and find a gig that will pay him half as much as A&M, he just got a 50% raise. King poo poo.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Is anyone going to hire Leipold away from Kansas? Dude’s done an amazing job there.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Please let Kansas have a few more years of being good at football. They haven't even broken their 15 game loss streak to K-State yet.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Please let Kansas have a few more years of being good at football. They haven't even broken their 15 game loss streak to K-State yet.

No, I need Kansas to be bad again.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Is anyone going to hire Leipold away from Kansas? Dude’s done an amazing job there.

He's indicated he wants to stay and even retire there, but who knows how real that is though.

Bird in a Blender posted:

No, I need Kansas to be bad again.

Too bad. :smuggo:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I can't cheer for Kansas the same reason I can't cheer for Kentucky or UNC or Duke. A bloo bloo we're not good at both revenue sports

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Probably Magic posted:

He's indicated he wants to stay and even retire there, but who knows how real that is though.

Too bad. :smuggo:

Kansas being good is legit heartwarming. I’ve like actually got a lot of love for both Kansas and Kansas State.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

LeeMajors posted:

Kansas being good is legit heartwarming. I’ve like actually got a lot of love for both Kansas and Kansas State.

Hell, same, even though both have been a real thorn in Texas’ side at different times

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Deeply unserious

https://twitter.com/sdutkirKDKenney/status/1727004185215046044?t=Yma9kOOW4Uigbj6p4bOVnA&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

Kansas State will always hold a special place in my heart bc of Bill Snyder

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Kansas State will always hold a special place in my heart bc of Bill Snyder

a special place... in hell

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

At first glance I thought that tweet was saying he was an Aztecs strength coach for 8 years and I thought "wow you guys are taking that family tree poo poo to some insane depths"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This would be great for SDSU

https://twitter.com/sdutkirKDKenney/status/1727492569557520754?t=x67Eezdw2YhQST1HPpZRYA&s=19

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1728213370971795652?t=1I_SltDiK2Fx9W9BbD_L3A&s=19

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

would be a great hire for Sparty and a real kick in the balls for the Beavs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The good Jon Smith

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Because hiring an Oregon State Coach worked so well by Nebraska

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DC Murderverse posted:

This one does show more signs of being good at the coaching thing I think. And as a bonus he's not coming off a 5-7 season.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

That's even more nonsensical than arguments that you shouldn't draft players from one program or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Pretty rude to break that an hour before kickoff of their rivalry game!