Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/DefenseOne/status/1726697675683250655?s=20
Israel's neglected child service staffed with kids who ate paste is draining all the artillery out of Ukraine's balls.

Don't suppose you have any idea what they're stealing dead bodies for?

They've been testing all the bodies against the DNA records of the hostages. Right after the Al Shifa morgue disappeared into the back of an IDF truck they found two bodies

They probably know where more than a few of these hostages are already, expect them to go back and dig up a lot more of these so they can trickle out outrage throughout the war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dudes rock

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

not just their soldiers, this is what they do instead of retrieving vehicles.

https://twitter.com/warfareanalysis/status/1726659461769748524?s=20

immediately makes me think about gradenko's posts from the Ukraine thread about how cavalier South Vietnamese officers were with American helicopters because Uncle Sam was footing the bill for all of them. Israelis must think they have a truly unlimited line of credit.

Isn't this standard practice for America? Any disabled Abrams in the active field just get a bag of c4 thrown in the cockpit.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So Israel's plan is to walk in and secure ground during the ceasefire, right?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
irish snipers were chosen based on ancestry bc celtic druids could bless an arrow to "ride the wind" and the gift was hereditary

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

pookah's pappy was codenamed "the banshee of inisherin"

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

my grandpa sniped people from six miles, but your story is cool too

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think the only logical and militarily sound move here is for Ukraine to immediately declare war on the Israel.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Asproigerosis posted:

Isn't this standard practice for America? Any disabled Abrams in the active field just get a bag of c4 thrown in the cockpit.

We haven't really lost enough of them to call it a standard practice but yeah generally this is how the US is supposed to handle abandoned materiel

A big embarrassment to the United States in the immediate aftermath of Afghanistan was how broadly we failed to do this with equipment we left behind lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

we have more Abrams than the US military even wants. Israel otoh only has a few thousand armored vehicles of all kinds and can’t afford to be blowing every tank and apc that gets detracked or stuck in a ditch. this kind of thing doesn’t make any sense for a war of attrition.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Fleetwood posted:

irish snipers were chosen based on ancestry bc celtic druids could bless an arrow to "ride the wind" and the gift was hereditary

True strike as a free spell like ability is nice but I'd have preferred a bonus feat tbh

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we have more Abrams than the US military even wants. Israel otoh only has a few thousand armored vehicles of all kinds and can’t afford to be blowing every tank and apc that gets detracked or stuck in a ditch. this kind of thing doesn’t make any sense for a war of attrition.

Also the extent and target of demolition matters. C4 in the cockpit destroys the electronics & optics but leaves the powertrain & chassis intact. Bombing from the air completely fucks every aspect of the vehicle

Edit: I say completely fucks every aspect of the vehicle, but honestly the incompetence on display makes me wonder if the electronics would survive a half-assed airstrike. Destroy the exterior parts of the vehicle that are already known and leave the software capabilities ready to be reverse engineered

Speleothing has issued a correction as of 23:10 on Nov 20, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

the US and UK carefully erased the names of all Irish Snipers from the history of the Allied Forces lest the Commies get their hands on their secret

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

details on the ceasefire deal have leaked

5 days no shooting and no air flyovers, 50 Israeli hostages for 300 Palestinians, all women & children - 10 Israelis & 30 Palestinians exchanged each day.

no word yet if Hamas accepts the terms.

weird, why is it not 60 Palestinians each day under those terms

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Searching for Oyoun ironically led to this article on a Zionist terrorist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ami_Popper

wiki posted:

Ami Popper (Hebrew: עמי פופר; born June 2, 1969) is an Israeli mass murderer, convicted for the killing of 7 people in Rishon Lezion on May 20, 1990. Known as the Oyoun Qara massacre to Palestinians, for unknown reasons Popper killed and wounded Palestinian men at a bus stop in Rishon Lezion, for which he was sentenced to life imprisonment,[1] later commuted to 40 years.

Popper later remarried and then divorced. In May 2013, he married his third wife, a woman known only as "M" who had previously made headlines by allegedly allowing her children to be abused. The couple was married in a small ceremony in Jerusalem, after Popper was granted a prison furlough.[11] Popper's family has been the recipient of financial support from the Israeli NGO Honenu [he], and indirectly from tax deductible U.S. donations, according to journalist Uri Blau.

https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/following-haaretz-reports-israeli-ngo-halts-support-families-jewish-terror-suspects

Haaretz posted:

Honenu, an Israeli nonprofit organization that provides legal aid to Jewish terror suspects, has curtailed part of its activities and United States tax authorities have made inquiries into the funding the organization receives in the U.S., Haaretz has learned.

Haaretz published a series of articles exposing a network of tax-exempt U.S. nonprofits that have funneled to the settlement project at least $220 million in private donations between 2009-2013, with the figures growing steadily each year.

The flow of money highlights how the U.S. government is indirectly supporting the settlement project by recognizing these groups as charities, which means they are not taxed on their income and donations made to them are tax-deductible.

Honenu, which was founded in 2002, is a key beneficiary of this network. According to reports the organization filed with Israel's registrar of nonprofit organizations, it receives hundreds of thousands of shekels every year from the U.S. Out of 2.9 million shekels ($775,000) in donations it reported for 2014, more than half a million shekels came from the U.S., most of it donated by the CFI.

In 2013, Honenu reported spending some 50,000 shekels to support the families of Jews convicted of violent crimes against Palestinians. Among the recipients were the wife of Ami Popper, who murdered seven Palestinians in 1990; the families of a member of the Bat Ayin underground, a Jewish terror group based in the settlement of the same name; and of Zvi Strock, who was convicted in 2007 of kidnapping and abusing a Palestinian teenager.

When the Haaretz reporter contacted Honenu, the fundraiser confirmed that the group was still accepting money for legal aid and listed several suspects for whom donations could be made. These included Amiram Ben-Uliel, the main suspect in the Duma case; Yinon Reuveni, charged with setting fire in June to the Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fish in the Galilee; Avraham Binyamin and Joshua Hess, the editors of the far-right website Hakol Hayehudi (The Jewish Voice) who are accused of inciting racism and violence against Palestinians; and Meir Ettinger, an administrative detainee believed by Israeli security services to be a leader of the radical "Hilltop Youth" settlement group – responsible for a wave of attacks against Palestinians – and founder of The Revolt, an organization that seeks to overthrow the Israeli state and establish a theocracy based on Jewish Law.

"It's done – the IRS came to me and everything is okay. The IRS is very impressed with what we are doing," he said. "The IRS is fine with the Central Fund."

:goofy:

Computer Serf has issued a correction as of 23:07 on Nov 20, 2023

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Zodium posted:

sound out the account name

cmon thread

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

It isn’t Israeli owned. It’s British owned, and operated by the Japanese ffs.
I "like" how we're supposed to pretend that the flags flown by a ship, or its on-paper ownership are supposed to be real things now

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Homeless Friend posted:

imaging if they just went on a suicide mission, kept control of the ship but not alerted anybody and crashed it into the suez and scuttled it. it would gently caress up everything lol

there’s no way whatever us navy ship we have stationed in the Red Sea lets them get within 100 miles of the canal

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Nov 20, 2023

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

I "like" how we're supposed to pretend that the flags flown by a ship, or its on-paper ownership are supposed to be real things now

Wait, so 90% of sea trade isn't actually Panamanian or Bahamian?? :confused:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i read on a pro palestine telegram that israel will still be bombing north gaza or something according this tiny truce
ME_OBSERVER_
⚡️Private sources revealed to Palestine Channel today the terms of the prisoner exchange deal with the #Israeli occupation.
According to the sources, the deal includes a five-day truce that includes a comprehensive ceasefire and a complete cessation of #Israeli flights in the skies of the #Gaza Strip throughout the days of the truce, with the exception of the northern regions, where the enemy will stop flights for only six hours a da

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 23:10 on Nov 20, 2023

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

weird, why is it not 60 Palestinians each day under those terms

I was quoting from Al-Mayadeen and I think their account manager got the math wrong or made a typo.

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1726711997700718987?s=20

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Death By The Blues posted:

Zionists dug up a mass grave and took even more bodies

https://twitter.com/MahaGaza/status/1726666924929724785

https://www.jordannews.jo/Section-20/Middle-East/Israel-s-skin-bank-raises-ethical-concerns-on-organ-consent-32381

they dug them up to steal their skin

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

i added a disclaimer but it was still funny, to me

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

If you needed any confirmation on the righteousness of the anti-zionist position

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

They can't really do that, most of the parts in your body or attached to your body become useless almost immediately after you die. If somebody is dead and buried it's way too late to use their skin.

I think this might not be the most rigorously sourced piece tbh

I don't doubt Israel gets up to some unethical poo poo with organs I just don't think robbing mass graves is a realistic concern fwiw it's fairly obvious what they're doing with the bodies

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

They can't really do that, most of the parts in your body or attached to your body become useless almost immediately after you die. If somebody is dead and buried it's way too late to use their skin.

I don't doubt Israel gets up to some unethical poo poo with organs I just don't think robbing mass graves is a realistic concern fwiw it's fairly obvious what they're doing with the bodies

Making Frankenstein monster supersoldiers. Duh.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

gradenko_2000 posted:

duh, ansarallah played right into their hands by stealing their ship. classic sh*t...

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Thoguh posted:

Making Frankenstein monster supersoldiers. Duh.

Yep

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Judgy Fucker posted:

Wait, so 90% of sea trade isn't actually Panamanian or Bahamian?? :confused:

This is Malta erasure

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Finkelstein super soldiers

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

details on the ceasefire deal have leaked

5 days no shooting and no air flyovers, 50 Israeli hostages for 300 Palestinians, all women & children - 10 Israelis & 30 Palestinians exchanged each day.

no word yet if Hamas accepts the terms.

That's a bad deal. Israel claims 10/7 was fifteen 9/11's. They should exchange 148,850 Palestinians for the 50 Israeli hostages. They can call it an even 150,000.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Speleothing posted:

Also the extent and target of demolition matters. C4 in the cockpit destroys the electronics & optics but leaves the powertrain & chassis intact. Bombing from the air completely fucks every aspect of the vehicle

Edit: I say completely fucks every aspect of the vehicle, but honestly the incompetence on display makes me wonder if the electronics would survive a half-assed airstrike. Destroy the exterior parts of the vehicle that are already known and leave the software capabilities ready to be reverse engineered

The IOF should get tips from Hamas on blowing up their vehicles.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

perhaps but it's a blasphemy in Judaism to remove organs or body parts from a Jew so I have no doubt they are stealing organs from Muslims to get around it, because Israel is cartoonishly evil

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there’s no way whatever us navy ship we have stationed in the Red Sea lets them get within 100 miles of the canal

yes, but i can dream

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
So what's up with this temporary ceasefire, does it involve Israel withdrawing troops out of Gaza? Will Israel actually respect it?

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Cup Runneth Over posted:

perhaps but it's a blasphemy in Judaism to remove organs or body parts from a Jew so I have no doubt they are stealing organs from Muslims to get around it, because Israel is cartoonishly evil

I work with a dude who lost his arm and he has to keep it in cold storage until he dies. It's literally been decades of this

Wild rear end pharaoh logic where you have to be buried with your original organs in canopic jars because you drank too hard and your liver shut down

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
if it doesnt involve israel gtfoing gaza then its probably the dumbest move Hamas could do, they're just gonna spend the 5 days fortifying and funneling equipment in

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

So what's up with this temporary ceasefire, does it involve Israel withdrawing troops out of Gaza? Will Israel actually respect it?

When has Israel ever respected a ceasefire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

temporary ceasefire,

https://twitter.com/AbbyMartin/status/1726028223392461027

unless something changed after this event?