Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I've been on a Star Wars kick lately so I started a new character after not playing this game for a few years. Had this thing drop today and I have no idea what I should charge for it, but the few google results I got suggest it's an annoyingly rare drop for people who collect this stuff.

The only copy of it on the GTN right now is listed at 450 million, which seems insane and I assume it won't actually sell at that price. Help me out, SWTOR goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
They're really cool decorations, list it and hope for the best!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I also just remembered that there's a (tiny) credit cap for non-subscribers, so as long as it sells I'll end up with way more cash than I'm allowed to have even if I really lowball it

gently caress it, why not

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You'll get it all back instantly when you resub so it's fiiiiiiine.

I think.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Yeah, the game should just treat the surplus like a trust fund and you like a little baby until you grow up and sub !!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

k so I've been playing my LS SW as previously recommended here and it's been great. It seems like it'll fit the expansions really well!

but now I have a problem. Inquisitor/sorceror gameplay is SO much more fun. so I don't want to play my SW anymore now....................

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well if you're subscribed you can always make inquisitor your secondary class...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Well if you're subscribed you can always make inquisitor your secondary class...

i'm a moron and already chose juggernaut (other one is marauder), bioware let me change my combat styles!!!!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pretty sure your prayers to Bioware will be ignored

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

:rip: roll a new toon I guess.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Pretty sure your prayers to Bioware will be ignored

Well, yeah. SWTOR isn't owned or run by Bioware anymore. :v:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I am currently playing a dark side jedi using lightning powers. It rules.

I also love if you go dark side jedi the jedi are basically like ok you're out of here but the republic is like what are you talking about they are a hero and now they work in our army. And I'm just like lol suck it jedi thanks for the superpowers.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Shard posted:

I also love if you go dark side jedi the jedi are basically like ok you're out of here but the republic is like what are you talking about they are a hero and now they work in our army. And I'm just like lol suck it jedi thanks for the superpowers.

Knight storyline, I presume?

IMO the first act of that plot is pretty weak, you're basically just a special forces asset who constantly runs around destroying the superweapons your dumbass Mon Cal officer keeps losing. Superweapons are a pretty iconic Star Wars trope so I get it, but the writers didn't understand that most of the fun of said superweapon is its aesthetic design and watching it in action. Almost all of the appeal is lost when the limitations of the SWTOR engine make all of them into a control panel at the end of a hallway

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Shard posted:

I am currently playing a dark side jedi using lightning powers. It rules.

Dark Side Jedi Knight is the loving funniest.

"Whaaaaat? That's crazy."

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

bought a nice-looking set of armor on the cartel market yesterday with a bunch of the coins my account has been gathering over time for having 2FA enabled

today I logged on and it's 50% off on a flash sale

lol, lmao.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

A good rule of thumb with respect to the CM, I think, is not to buy specific items off it unless they're on sale or seasonal and might not be directly available anymore for a long time (or at least not without paying obscene amounts of credits via the GTN).

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

That seems like good advice. I'd be much more annoyed about it if I had paid for those coins, but as is I mostly thought it was pretty funny.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

black on black dye on sale for black friday for your black heart's black needs

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

black on black dye on sale for black friday for your black heart's black needs
Sith or Goth, what's the difference

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

they're for emergencies

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sombrerotron posted:

Sith or Goth, what's the difference

give me the lighttonfas that goth chick had in force unleashed

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

So I've been doing my thing where I go to starter planets and give away loads of credits and I've found a few live ones. I was accused of being a dev plant to placate players for stealing "billions of dollars" from "god fearing" players, and then one player went as far as to include QAnon accusations. Jesus, people, take my freaking credits. Who gives a poo poo if I'm Satan (I am)? I'm just trying to be nice.

e: The vast majority of players have been really appreciative, it's just jarring to get people in this game, of all games, who honestly can't believe that someone would do something to simply be generous rather than for nefarious personal gain. Or adrenochrome.

Mushika fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 26, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chat in every game should be ignored.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Medullah posted:

Chat in every game should be ignored.

Wisdom.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

God drat must be hell going through life living with a brain that makes you that paranoid

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mushika posted:

So I've been doing my thing where I go to starter planets and give away loads of credits and I've found a few live ones. I was accused of being a dev plant to placate players for stealing "billions of dollars" from "god fearing" players, and then one player went as far as to include QAnon accusations. Jesus, people, take my freaking credits. Who gives a poo poo if I'm Satan (I am)? I'm just trying to be nice.

e: The vast majority of players have been really appreciative, it's just jarring to get people in this game, of all games, who honestly can't believe that someone would do something to simply be generous rather than for nefarious personal gain. Or adrenochrome.

you should send me your credits instead and i'll only say nice things and give you a little kiss

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

you should send me your credits instead and i'll only say nice things and give you a little kiss

Well, you've sold me. Send all your kisses first.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Mushika posted:

Part of it is the old "I'll give you X million for using my referral code" and then they block you scam being stuck in people's minds, even with no referral codes left to abuse. All they remember is "people offering money is a trick!" and flip their poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey I gave away millions back in the day for referrals. Sad it's gone, at my peak I was pulling in around 15,000 cartel coins a month.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Those shitlords who got newbies to use their code and then blocked them ruined it for you so.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I lost plenty of credits from people who took my money but didn't click the link so ehhh

Real reason the referral program went away was Galactic Seasons. They didn't want people doing the track as a F2P and then using a referral link to get a week of sub benefits and claim all the subscriber track stuff

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Holy poo poo, I logged on to do my giveaway thing to find someone on Tython who is doing a similar thing, but as a treasure hunt and who cited me as their inspiration. Apparently I gave them a million or two way back. Way more of a creative and fun way to give away credits! We're talking about creating a guild specifically for that purpose.

e: I think we're going to make this happen. A guild specifically to give new players on starter planets a fun way to get some serious credits to give them a bit of a leg up on the lovely economy.

Mushika fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 27, 2023

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That's pretty :3:

Medullah posted:

I lost plenty of credits from people who took my money but didn't click the link so ehhh

Real reason the referral program went away was Galactic Seasons. They didn't want people doing the track as a F2P and then using a referral link to get a week of sub benefits and claim all the subscriber track stuff
Credits are basically worthless anyway, so no real loss to you. A player only has one referral click at a time though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

7.4 next Tuesday woooooo I can't wait for the shiny dyes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mushika posted:

Well, you've sold me. Send all your kisses first.

You've given me credits before and I was very thankful

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Shard posted:

You've given me credits before and I was very thankful

Need more?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Okay so I'm a little late here because I just didn't get round to it until now, but still :siren: Update 7.4 is dropping on 5 December! :siren:

Its major selling points:
  • Continuation of the main storyline via a new area on Ord Mantell named Kessan's Landing. It doubles as a Daily Area with new achievements and a reputation track. It also has a new world boss.
  • Lane Vizla's little sidequest that started in update 7.2 is continued as well.
  • GTN overhaul. Full details here.
  • Lighting updates for all of SWTOR's cutscenes and dialogue.
  • New Cartel Market items, most notably including the previously showcased, absolutely wild dyes with specular lighting dialed up to the MAXX (or, in one case, dialed down to the MINN). Although there'll always be a chance to get some from hypercrates, apparently you'll only be able to buy this first batch directly from the CM until 6 January 2024. You have been warned.
Also, the Life Day event is returning on 12 December. Get ready to hug a :wookie: !!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i will not hug a wookie

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Sombrerotron posted:

[list][*]Continuation of the main storyline via a new area on Ord Mantell named Kessan's Landing. It doubles as a Daily Area with new achievements and a reputation track. It also has a new world boss.

We should get around to figuring out what Malgus is up to any decade now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

We should get around to figuring out what Malgus is up to any decade now.

Probably just as soon as we become the main characters of our own stories again.