Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, when the Rapist Game Company is like "we think what you're doing is kinda scummy" you've fallen through one hell of a sub basement.

Did they do something more rapey than releasing the same open world game 25 times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bip Roberts posted:

Did they do something more rapey than releasing the same open world game 25 times?

they had a bunch of shitheads at the top for awhile. most are gone now i believe.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

priznat posted:

I dunno if a swirlie would have any effect if being thrown down the stairs didn’t take.

With some people you do need to push them down the stairs multiple times before the lesson's learned :v:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Armitage posted:

With some people you do need to push them down the stairs multiple times before the lesson's learned :v:

I agree push him down more stairs like the ones at the end of John Wick 4

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Also, only the users paying for the ad-free, premium+ subscription are authentic users.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

How many more times are Apple ads next to #sports instead of nazi speech? Gotta be at least 1.5x. Stand with X.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fukkin Yaccdad Bob over here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Wait who is the second fraudulent user

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Not even denying that ppl saw Hitler was Right posts next to ads lol

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
lol at “the content” being pictures of Adolf Hitler opening a spiritual awakening and Nine Things You Didn’t Know About The Third Reich (Number 3 WILL Shock You!!!)

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Meatball posted:

That dude is trash at video games. We all saw his elden ring build. The entire internet laughed at him.

What was his elden ring build anyway? I remember that picture but I hadn’t played the game yet when it was posted

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

IBM saw this post and not only did they reinstate all their ads, gary IBM is coming over to suck elon's dick

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

So explain exactly what Media Matters did to show these ads. Like what they reported actually did happen to some degree, as you said. Those incredible hackers used some sort of crazy exploit to show those ads?

[Insert video clip of Zero Cool pressing F5 repeatedly]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah they are too busy seeing "white pride dating" and "undress her with this app" poo poo.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Idk about you but I think these corporations preferred number of their ads seen next to Hitler quotes is actually zero

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I don't know her though. So I guess she ain't committed to truth and fairness.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

hahahaha

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The loving problem is you show this content on your site at all

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Reuters is reporting that X has indeed sued Media Matters:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/x-sues-media-matters-after-report-about-ads-next-antisemitic-content-2023-11-20/

Can’t wait until the lawsuit docs make their way online.

Edit: lol beaten

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elon’s posting on the Linda account lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

hell yes

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

It never happened, even if it did it wouldn't be a problem

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The content isn't the problem. People who point it out are.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

This lawsuit probably won’t go X’s way but it still sucks because it will tie up court time and cost media matters some real money to deal with before Elon gets bored and drops it. Hopefully they can claim damages for being the target of this poo poo but probably not even.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Literally the first sentence in that filing is already so loving mad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just gonna casually mention that for a site like twitter its actually super easy to not have ads show up next to white supremacy so the only reason they do is because thats how they want to operate. Hell 6 years ago when I worked with Twitter they had extremely good controls for advertising* content I wonder what happened to those?

*They were still worthless garbage I bought only due to corporate tummy feels

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This seems like a case that will get thrown out quickly if Musk and co keep agreeing that it happened

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol they are so bad at this

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wheres the lawsuit

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
First off why is a Nevada corp suing a DC corporation in Texas. That lawsuit isn't staying there. Venue shopping morons. I bet this is a well reasoned complaint!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Scipiotik posted:

First off why is a Nevada corp suing a DC corporation in Texas. That lawsuit isn't staying there. Venue shopping morons. I bet this is a well reasoned complaint!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8bJb8biZU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Lawsuit is available here, it's very funny that he sued in Texas considering Texas has a good anti-SLAPP law

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kazil posted:

lol they are so bad at this

Oh my god, tagging Mike Johnson and Jim Jordan get the gently caress out of here lmao

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quote:

Media Matters’ manipulation was so severe that companies not even featured in the article also pulled ads from X. These companies include Lionsgate, Warner Bros. Discovery, Paramount, and Sony.

lmao

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
I'm dumbfounded by how he keeps using "evil" literally without a sense of irony.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

here’s the link

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txnd.383454/gov.uscourts.txnd.383454.1.0_1.pdf

Piell posted:

Lawsuit is available here, it's very funny that he sued in Texas considering Texas has a good anti-SLAPP law

:argh:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Please burn it all down

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

jim jordan, famous for looking into things brought to his attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Piell posted:

Here’s what they claim Media Matters did

quote:

Media Matters executed this plot in multiple steps, as X’s internal investigations have revealed. First, Media Matters accessed accounts that had been active for at least 30 days, bypassing X’s ad filter for new users. Media Matters then exclusively followed a small subset of users consisting entirely of accounts in one of two categories: those known to produce extreme, fringe content, and accounts owned by X’s big-name advertisers. The end result was a feed precision-designed by Media Matters for a single purpose: to produce side-by-side ad/content placements that it could screenshot in an effort to alienate advertisers.

But this activity still was not enough to create the pairings of advertisements and content that Media Matters aimed to produce.

Media Matters therefore resorted to endlessly scrolling and refreshing its unrepresentative, hand-selected feed, generating between 13 and 15 times more advertisements per hour than viewed by the average X user repeating this inauthentic activity until it finally received pages containing the result it wanted: controversial content next to X’s largest advertisers’ paid posts.

Media Matters omitted mentioning any of this in a report published on November 16, 2023 that displayed instances Media Matters “found” on X of advertisers’ paid posts featured next to Neo-Nazi and white-nationalist content. Nor did Media Matters otherwise provide any context regarding the forced, inauthentic nature and extraordinary rarity of these pairings.

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 21, 2023