Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Wonder Egg Priority: Maybe it's because I've only been paying attention to ongoing anime for a short amount of time but I've never seen such a drop between how liked an anime was at the beginning and how hated it was by the end. And this was over the course of 1 season and not, like, 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Closest to it I can think of would be Darling in the Franxx but it also still has a bunch of fans.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Endless Eight

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1726753784854900817?s=20

Apparently True Crime festivals are a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEShXUjejs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

im cosplaying as newly born again jeffery dahmer

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

I've just started this video and I already hate everything about these people

"Obsessed Fest"? Obsessed with...murders???

Edit: good on that lady for paying for the volunteers parking :hmmyes:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 21, 2023

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I know Poker Face already dipped into the true crime metacommentary bucket in the first season but drat if 'sussing out a murder at a true crime convention' isn't a banger premise for that show

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

mycot posted:

Wonder Egg Priority: Maybe it's because I've only been paying attention to ongoing anime for a short amount of time but I've never seen such a drop between how liked an anime was at the beginning and how hated it was by the end. And this was over the course of 1 season and not, like, 20.

if we're talking sharpest nosedive within a single season, i guess Promised Neverland S2 counts

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The big bloke channels James Corden energy, so you know he's a wanker.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lpotl is the only true crime adjacent podcast that doesn't give me the heebie jeebies.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Are they still doing full on 80s style asian comedy accents

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

a good discussion on dogs (and eating meat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vLXGGRcM80

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ThoughtSlime/status/1726794342701080634

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Lpotl is the only true crime adjacent podcast that doesn't give me the heebie jeebies.

well,

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/last-podcast-on-the-left-ben-kissel-abuse-allegations-1234852755/

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah he’s gone now and they got someone better. And they’ve been as much up front as they can be without getting into legal stuff.

Tbh it’s better than ever.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

I can't say I'm entirely surprised. While the instances of abuse didn't come up, Kissel's issues with alcoholism were mentioned on the podcast A LOT. The article framing it as an "open secret" is kind of an understatement, as I pretty rapidly realized when I first binged the podcast that Ben did not seem to have a healthy relationship with alcohol...

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

CelticPredator posted:

And they’ve been as much up front as they can be without getting into legal stuff.

Um, what?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They have made as many statements as they could on Instagram and a few statements on their show without getting into legal issues.

Mostly telling people who are going after Taylor to gently caress off.

They run a big company and they don’t want to be throwing out a bunch of stuff could cause Kissel to sue them or something.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Happy Landfill posted:

I've just started this video and I already hate everything about these people

"Obsessed Fest"? Obsessed with...murders???

Edit: good on that lady for paying for the volunteers parking :hmmyes:

oh look we’ve found the Worst Travis Face

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm sure everyone has their own "the only good true crime podcast" and I'm sure it's always Swindled

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

This is just reinforcing my theory that Destiny is a mandroid powered by taking the biggest Ls he can for attention.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

SexyBlindfold posted:

I'm sure everyone has their own "the only good true crime podcast" and I'm sure it's always Swindled

actually it’s Well There’s Your Problem and the crime is capitalism

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mandalore hiring the same voiceover guy JCS does for his Haze video is one of the few good things out of true crime online media

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SexyBlindfold posted:

Mine's Knowledge Fight

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Jacob Geller - Three Specific Kinds of Horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrHpmkL4rY

Jacob talks about three horror games he thought were neat.

Foxcade - OH GOD, The One Piece Adaptation Actually Rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMrctkzuwLw

Foxcade talks about how he like the new live action One Piece.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i watched this video and am lesser for it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SexyBlindfold posted:

It's a trick question and there are no good true crime podcasts.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

C’mon H-Bomb, post the video!

I dunno. Saying he's about to drop his video alongside Defunctland and then going another or three months before releasing it would be a fun meta-joke.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Skippy McPants posted:

I dunno. Saying he's about to drop his video alongside Defunctland and then going another or three months before releasing it would be a fun meta-joke.

He's already done the best version of this joke by releasing a Christmas video (with a joke at the start about it being a Halloween video that he was late with) a full year late

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

E: Bleh, depressed posting over animals

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 21, 2023

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
A good and concise look at psychotic Zionist propaganda on social media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdlJqlzOGgU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Had a new thing happen when watching a video about cults. The Youtube app made me click through to confirm I wanted to watch the video while giving a trigger warning.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

muscles like this! posted:

Had a new thing happen when watching a video about cults. The Youtube app made me click through to confirm I wanted to watch the video while giving a trigger warning.

They've had that for a little bit, but I don't know if the creator had to jump through some more hoops to enable it or what, but I've seen those 'Sensitive content' etc. click through warnings a few times before.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you try to look up Suicidal Tendencies songs on Youtube they throw you this page

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
In less helpful Youtube changes they've gotten rid of the channels tab when you look at someone's channel. That was my most useful tool for quickly screening videos before watching, being able to see if the creator is subbed to Count Dankula or Mauler or some poo poo like that so I know not to bother watching their stuff.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Shyrka posted:

In less helpful Youtube changes they've gotten rid of the channels tab when you look at someone's channel. That was my most useful tool for quickly screening videos before watching, being able to see if the creator is subbed to Count Dankula or Mauler or some poo poo like that so I know not to bother watching their stuff.

It was also useful for finding new channels, a lot of bushcrafters for example network together so it was a valid way for pre-screening new ones.

Particularly with youtubes search function still being complete and utter poo poo.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Unless I missed something, it also doesn't have links to a creator's other channels either? Was pretty useful for some specific channels I subscribe to, like DougDoug has like 4 (although not all particularly active I think) but I only sub to the main, and I can't find links between them any more.

E: Oh I see, they just shove it way down the page for some reason now instead of having it separate from videos lol. Great UI design!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

i saw this photo before and i assumed it was a joke/parody lmao

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s one time they were the top earners on Patreon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The "I'm building a bunker" trend going on right now is giving me bad vibes.

Specifically JerryRigEverything, as I'm far too familiar with the Utah/Mormon prepper cults that are so prevalent right now. He plays it off as a quirky fun project, but it is absolutely prepper poo poo. I don't know what the story is behind the bunker trend in other countries/cultures (Colin Furze in the UK, some other crazy lady on TikTok,) but in the western US it is absolutely right-wing conspiracy/prepper/judgement day poo poo that people either start at, or fall into.