Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

credburn posted:

Wait, what?

I know I'm kind of out the loop, but how big a deal is the beanie idiot that he can afford this? I've honestly never heard of Tim Pool outside of this forum.

And everything he posts is so silly

e: by the way, "they hate freedom" has never been a valid argument haha it's twenty loving years and it's never been valid, give "they hate freedom" a loving rest you chuds

He's a millionaire. He owns this big compound in West Virginia with all this goony stuff inside. Emma Vigeland, of the Majority Report, went on Tim's show and they had a discussion about how all the money is in right wing reactionary media. Tim himself acknowledged the success of his show was primarily due to subscriptions and that they had comparatively few ad sponsors.

Emma did a good job of getting him really riled up that day, too. He claimed she only went on to get gotcha clips for the Majority Report and that Sam Seder must have put her up to it. Then he got buttmad she didn't stick around for a tour of the compound. And at that point he was still salty about Sam Seder allegedly doctoring the audio of his band recording to make him sound bad to liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Oh yeah, the old Red Note technology

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I don't want a migraine, so I just clip better. Haven't got a single sharp edge. :shrug:
How does filing your nails lead to migraines? :confused:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

credburn posted:

e: by the way, "they hate freedom" has never been a valid argument haha it's twenty loving years and it's never been valid, give "they hate freedom" a loving rest you chuds

I was 14 when 9/11 happened and even as a dumb kid with some dip poo poo opinions I knew that was a stupid argument

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Agents are GO! posted:

What's the proof for p=np

n = 1, pretty easy if you just think about it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Panfilo posted:

He's a millionaire. He owns this big compound in West Virginia with all this goony stuff inside. Emma Vigeland, of the Majority Report, went on Tim's show and they had a discussion about how all the money is in right wing reactionary media. Tim himself acknowledged the success of his show was primarily due to subscriptions and that they had comparatively few ad sponsors.

Emma did a good job of getting him really riled up that day, too. He claimed she only went on to get gotcha clips for the Majority Report and that Sam Seder must have put her up to it. Then he got buttmad she didn't stick around for a tour of the compound. And at that point he was still salty about Sam Seder allegedly doctoring the audio of his band recording to make him sound bad to liberals.

IIRC he kept angrily insisting he was "to the left" of her on every political topic possible and that he was the most anti-war person ever.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

I'll get on the phone to the Nobel committee.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm fairly sure Tim Pool is another one of the rich failkids who ended up a right-wing demagogue after failing at every other kind of showbiz.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Deptfordx posted:

I'll get on the phone to the Nobel committee.

fields. jeez. :rolleyes:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I guess there was some dumb drama with AI over the weekend
https://twitter.com/CantEverDie/status/1726617510651597280

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

kazil posted:

I guess there was some dumb drama with AI over the weekend
https://twitter.com/CantEverDie/status/1726617510651597280

The question is bad but that second option absolutely killed me

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Nuebot posted:

IIRC he kept angrily insisting he was "to the left" of her on every political topic possible and that he was the most anti-war person ever.

When she asked about his opinion about Israel/Palestine he was like "well that's complicated" lol.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm fairly sure Tim Pool is another one of the rich failkids who ended up a right-wing demagogue after failing at every other kind of showbiz.

His dad was a firefighter I think? And/or ran a coffee shop. Certainly explains why Tim has his own brand of code he shills. I think he made it big reporting on occupy wall street protests and just grew from there.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I thought what really set him off was when he asked if she cared about what he thought of her and she said no, not really like it wasn’t a big deal at all

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Kit Walker posted:

The question is bad but that second option absolutely killed me

Clearly what this entire stupid setup needed was a hastily shoved in attempt to make child prostitution ethical while they were at it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Pool's definitely a dark money sugar baby. yeah sure of all the internet super stars that rise and decline over the years, he's one of the great lords on the bone pile.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
he did a crowdfunding thing a while back asking for something like $1 million and it trickled up fairly normally for the first few days to ~200k and then it looked like someone wrote a single check for a million dollars and it was closed

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Didn't he also get sponsorships from things like prepper food companies?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

bobjr posted:

I thought what really set him off was when he asked if she cared about what he thought of her and she said no, not really like it wasn’t a big deal at all

Her tone on the show also kind of triggered him, because debate bros like him enjoy basking in the triggered lefty outrage so they can calmhitler their way through the discussion. But Emma talked calmly, sounding rather bored at one point as Tim started to get red faced and flustered.

:j: "Gosh, Tim did I say something to get you mad? I'm sorry if I upset you" also got him pretty gassed up.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
My favorite Tim moment is still when he tried to compare Sam Seder to Thanos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

credburn posted:

Wait, what?

I know I'm kind of out the loop, but how big a deal is the beanie idiot that he can afford this? I've honestly never heard of Tim Pool outside of this forum.

And everything he posts is so silly

I would bet that it lasts for like 2 months tops

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Agents are GO! posted:

What's the proof for p=np

tokin opposition posted:

I'm sorry, the correct proof is, as always, The Bible.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I would bet that it lasts for like 2 months tops

In 2 months, Elon's gonna reply to these tweets again and ask them where the money is.
And they'll all give a bunch of excuses.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tiggum posted:

How does filing your nails lead to migraines? :confused:

The sound and feeling of it DESTROY my head. I can't stand to be in a room with that sound.

That's a me problem, but as a result, I can say with some certainty that you can get a perfectly nice edge on your nails without filing.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 01:08 on Nov 21, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Have you tried asking Mister Smithers for more ether?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Midnight Voyager posted:

The sound and feeling of it DESTROY my head. I can't stand to be in a room with that sound.

I’m the same way with styrofoam, it’s the only sound that’ll trigger a migraine in me. :(

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I just have to marvel at this mindset

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1726461651841405188

"we'd rather lose elections than listen to dissatisfied voters"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Knormal posted:

I'm sorry, the correct proof is, as always, The Bible.

Finally someone gets it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The Democratic party is increasingly a cult, demanding obedience to a party line increasingly disconnected from reality, which as always proves they do what the Republicans did 5-10 years ago

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I, Satoshi Nakamoto, am not a Republican

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

The Democratic party is increasingly a cult, demanding obedience to a party line increasingly disconnected from reality, which as always proves they do what the Republicans did 5-10 years ago

:qqsay:
:lmao:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Let's get you to bed, grandpa.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Kenning posted:

Let's get you to bed, grandpa.

Don't worry, I'll stumble there in an alcoholic stupor soon enough.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

That's a me problem, but as a result, I can say with some certainty that you can get a perfectly nice edge on your nails without filing.

I can't watch basketball because I hate the sound of their shoes squeaking.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

I just have to marvel at this mindset

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1726461651841405188

"we'd rather lose elections than listen to dissatisfied voters"

Wasn’t this guy a lifelong Republican who just is anti-Trump?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Nichols_(academic)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

tokin opposition posted:

This thread is not accepting auditions for self-generation of idiocy on social media at this time. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This thread is not accepting auditions for self-generation of idiocy on social media at this time. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Please don’t post the text of private messages you have received.