Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Brother Tadger posted:

Bottled in Bond bourbon is p good. Not better than Eagle Rare or anything like that, but definitely a great price/taste ratio.

It's 1/3 the price of the equivalent here in Seattle, so yeah by far the greatest deal around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I like their Irish Whisky (comparison Jameson's) although it seems like the last couple I bought seemed 'off' from what I'm used to it's still price positive.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Head Bee Guy posted:

Any other choice kirkland liquors?

The vodka is totally serviceable. Great for a freezer bottle. And the tequila repasado is pretty good.

I very much enjoy the XO Cognac. About $45-50 here in California.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Punkinhead posted:

Got this to give as a christmas present but...

Where did you get this? I need a stocking stuffer

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I wish I could get liquor at my Costco, but I live in a state with controlled liquor and it's only sold through state stores.

I can get beer and wine any place I want, at least.

Is there any news on if that giant hock of Serrano Jamon is coming back this year? I regret not getting it last year when it was on a post-Christmas sale, so I'm fingers crossed hoping it both comes back AND it sells poorly at my Costco so it ends up at, like, half the price it is in more popular locales.

Edit: yeah just searched this thread real quick, and it dropped to $50 (initial starting price $70) and several goons reported it starts at like $100 where they are, and doesn't drop.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 20, 2023

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Gettin this shirt

https://tshirtatlowprice.com/products/costco-rotisserie-chicken-shirt/

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I have no idea how a whole cooked chicken can still be $5.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

SirPablo posted:

Imagine how pissed the chickens are!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

SirPablo posted:

I'll loving kill you. Figure it out.

Referencing the famous story about the $1.50 dogs, not threatening SirPablo

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

El Jebus posted:

I very much enjoy the XO Cognac. About $45-50 here in California.

Same. Mix it with ameretto for a nice french connection.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SirPablo posted:

Loss leader probably. It's good PR, keeps customers happy, not every customer buys them (way too salty for me), it's an easy win.

Make money elsewhere to pay for it so the system works.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I bought the Shark Navigator three months ago and now it is on sale for $40 less. Anyone have luck doing a return-rebuy?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I legitimately do not like the Costco rotisserie chicken. They hardly resemble a real chicken with their massive size.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

SirPablo posted:

I bought the Shark Navigator three months ago and now it is on sale for $40 less. Anyone have luck doing a return-rebuy?

Just ask them if they'll credit you the difference - effectively the same end result with less hassle on their end.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
One time I was checking out and the cashier looked at my rotisserie chicken and said "this is too small. they should have rejected this one" and had someone get met a new one. :blessed:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Chinatown posted:

One time I was checking out and the cashier looked at my rotisserie chicken and said "this is too small. they should have rejected this one" and had someone get met a new one. :blessed:

try to imagine this happening somewhere else
simply implausible

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hed posted:

Where did you get this? I need a stocking stuffer

Ali Express, you might be able to find it cheaper from another seller though

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

charliebravo77 posted:

Just ask them if they'll credit you the difference - effectively the same end result with less hassle on their end.

They usually only do this within 30 days of purchase. Maybe if you speak with a manager and tell them that you'll otherwise just return and rebuy it, then maybe they'll let you skip the hassle.

Chinatown posted:

They don't reject them anymore. If it's under a certain weight they'll charge you by the weight of the chicken and it'll be less than the usual $4.99 price.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Went to church for a Covid booster, also picked up some jerky and broccoli and was tempted into pretzel crisps because they were on sale.

There was discussion of pie for the holiday between my family so I took a look at them while I was there. Has the pecan pie always been way more expensive than the pumpkin/apple? It was like $17 and the pumpkin was like $6 or $8 or something and I think the apple was $9? Probably moot since we want a variety and the church pies are way too big to get one of each.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Ayndin posted:

Went to church for a Covid booster, also picked up some jerky and broccoli and was tempted into pretzel crisps because they were on sale.

There was discussion of pie for the holiday between my family so I took a look at them while I was there. Has the pecan pie always been way more expensive than the pumpkin/apple? It was like $17 and the pumpkin was like $6 or $8 or something and I think the apple was $9? Probably moot since we want a variety and the church pies are way too big to get one of each.

That much for that size of pecan pie makes sense to me, pecans are expensive and when I make the pie at home it's always spendy. Apple and pecan are two pies I could never bring myself to buy, apple pies with a store bought crust are a breeze and so, so tasty. Pecan pie I use a family recipe for and it's simply too precious to me.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
we started to get the kirkland irish cream liquer. its nearly half the price of baileys here. my wife likes it and says she cant tell the difference in a mixed drink

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Big Mac posted:

That much for that size of pecan pie makes sense to me, pecans are expensive and when I make the pie at home it's always spendy. Apple and pecan are two pies I could never bring myself to buy, apple pies with a store bought crust are a breeze and so, so tasty. Pecan pie I use a family recipe for and it's simply too precious to me.

It does make sense that the nuts would drive the cost up, if anything it makes me wonder why the other two are as cheap as they are!

Hopefully my family doesn’t need me to pick up a pie because I’m not in the office until Wednesday and the idea of trying to get a pie the day before thanksgiving fills me with only slightly less dread than that of trying to get a discounted big TV the day after.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the pumpkin pie is great beacause u bring it to a potluck and leave it on tha table and you have technically contributed and then never see it again

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
costco prepared foods are not going to knock your socks off. the point is being a convenient value for something that will range from quite decent to pretty good. they excel at what they are meant to be

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They are all definitely perfect for a work potluck

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

mds2 posted:

I legitimately do not like the Costco rotisserie chicken. They hardly resemble a real chicken with their massive size.

"I don't like big muscles" energy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Don’t body shame the chickens you fucker. Telling them what a “real” chicken looks like. Disgusting. Real chickens come in all shapes and sizes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bird with big dick posted:

Don’t body shame the chickens you fucker. Telling them what a “real” chicken looks like. Disgusting. Real chickens come in all shapes and sizes.

next time i see an undersized costco bird corpse ima dropkick that poo poo into the rafters BIVTCH

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Alan Smithee posted:

"I don't like big muscles" energy

"Your chicken is perfect, the big ones hurt too much"

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Has anyone seen the wine advent calendar this year at their local Costco? Mine has the (supposedly bad) beer one and a couple of whiskey ones, but no wine.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Jingleheimer posted:

They don't reject them anymore. If it's under a certain weight they'll charge you by the weight of the chicken and it'll be less than the usual $4.99 price.

I've never seen them less than 4.99, and I do try to buy the smaller chickens because the meat is more well-done. The biggest ones are just shy of like medium-rare and I don't like it.

On that topic, they really need to char the chicken up a bit on the Caesar salad, and I'd actually buy it again. Are some grill marks too much to ask?:

The pale white chicken in the salad is pretty gross.

KakerMix posted:

Loss leader probably.

Loss leader definitely, to the tune of 10s of millions: https://www.mashed.com/313767/the-ridiculous-number-of-rotisserie-chickens-costco-sells-every-year/

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 21, 2023

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I gotta go to Costco the day before Thanksgiving, not looking forward to that trip

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
My understanding is that the CostCo chicken variety is actually smaller than the average. Partially so it fits on the rotisserie but I’m sure it costs less to raise them that way too.

Sadly you can add me to the list of people that don’t get the rotisserie chicken anymore. The amount of salt in those things isn’t good for me.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I had to go yesterday for dog food, and 1:30pm the Monday before Thanksgiving is definitely not the time to go. Good luck to all the goons making the pilgrimage this week.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

sock it to me! posted:

I had to go yesterday for dog food, and 1:30pm the Monday before Thanksgiving is definitely not the time to go. Good luck to all the goons making the pilgrimage this week.

Yeahhhhhh I gotta go today and I might clock out at 2 just to try to go before most people are off work

Gonna be a blast either way. Might introduce my partner's sibling to the Costco dog :getin:

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I'm probably just gonna Costco Same Day/Instacart it and save myself the hassle

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I don't normally go in for chocolate 'cluster' type snacks since most have almonds or nuts. Saw the Kirkland Caramel Smores and decided to try, "kettle cooked caramel" was unique enough to catch my eye.

Holy poo poo, is this just straight up crack cocaine level good, I'm not a huge caramel person in general but this is like real actual strong caramel flavor going on as opposed to just mass of sugary texture.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Zachack posted:

Has anyone seen the wine advent calendar this year at their local Costco?
Saw a small stack of them for the first time today near the entrance. Price went up to $140.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

I don't normally go in for chocolate 'cluster' type snacks since most have almonds or nuts. Saw the Kirkland Caramel Smores and decided to try, "kettle cooked caramel" was unique enough to catch my eye.

Holy poo poo, is this just straight up crack cocaine level good, I'm not a huge caramel person in general but this is like real actual strong caramel flavor going on as opposed to just mass of sugary texture.
They are way way way too tasty for how bad for you they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
the chocolate carmel pretzel bark is also dangerous