Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kazzah posted:

What about a single generic tank model, which then customises itself based on what type of infantry gets into it? so if it's like a rifleman then it gets a big chaingun, and if it's a guy with a javelin it gets a missile launcher, or if it's a punk-rocker-type dude then it gets some sort of sound-cannon and a snazzy paint job

My man trying to make the Leman Russ real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Gripweed posted:

The white guys who would join the Japanese Foreign Legion are gonna be a pretty motley crew.

sugoi .....

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Kazzah posted:

What about a single generic tank model, which then customises itself based on what type of infantry gets into it? so if it's like a rifleman then it gets a big chaingun, and if it's a guy with a javelin it gets a missile launcher, or if it's a punk-rocker-type dude then it gets some sort of sound-cannon and a snazzy paint job

So the LCS strategy! Sounds like a shoe in!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Militarydotcom/status/1726760146271891852?s=20

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
we want more grift kickbacks from cisco etc i mean improve troop QoL

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wifey for bases

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
better pay? improved material conditions?

let them eat wifi

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Kazzah posted:

You absolute fool! What do you think will happen when a terrorist gets in one of these?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Milo_Edwards/status/1726546697260867619
https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1726730448020066397

buckle the gently caress up everybody

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Delta-Wye posted:

let them eat wifi

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kazzah posted:

Battlemechs.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

we still had a military that was to ostensibly fight in world war 3 in 1982

now we have 10 squaddies, a dingy and no ammo because we gave everything to Ukraine

unfortunately i do not think anything funny will happen over this

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Regarde Aduck posted:

now we have 10 squaddies, a dingy and no ammo because we gave everything to Ukraine

I don't know, the Brits might lose 2 carriers at sea.

Betting pool is whether it's due to running out of fuel, breakdown, or collision.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Betting pool is whether it's due to running out of fuel, breakdown, or collision.

Definitely breakdown.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Regarde Aduck posted:

argentina's airforce is largely the same planes they had in falklands and their navy is much smaller, it's one of the few militaries that has deteriorated faster than the UK

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
do the Brits even still have Harriers anymore?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pidgin Englishman posted:

hijacked by the houthis when they take a detour through the red sea

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

nope

replaced them with F-35B's which took a very long time to actually arrive but i think we got them now. Now whether you class that as an upgrade... :shrug:

it would be very funny if Argentina had no trouble locking onto and shooting down one of them

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

this always cracks me up ngl

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Regarde Aduck posted:

nope

replaced them with F-35B's which took a very long time to actually arrive but i think we got them now. Now whether you class that as an upgrade... :shrug:

it would be very funny if Argentina had no trouble locking onto and shooting down one of them

Britain has got around 28 of (35-Bs) them I think last I heard, and the only operational carrier, the HMS Elizabeth, is carrying a whole 8 of them with an unknown amount being combat ready. US' F-35 Bs have a mission capable rate of around 10-15% I think.

But yeah, Argentina really doesn't have an air force at this point, and its navy is in rough shape.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
falklands war 2 would be like WW4, sticks and stones on both sides.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

falklands war 2 falkslands harder will be fought with impressed container ships boarding and ramming each other on the high seas

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Danann posted:

falklands war 2 falkslands harder will be fought with impressed container ships boarding and ramming each other on the high seas

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Falklands 2 will be fought hand to hand, with broomstick handles snapped in half for clubs. Dustbin lids as shields. And really fancy integrated network capabilities.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I'm definitely picturing a brawl like on the China/India border a while back. Considering the absurd amount of effort the UK had to do to reach the Falklands in the eighties when they were stronger I'd be surprised if they could reach the island at all now. That'll mean they have to like fly commercial to some place nearby and charter a boat I guess. Maybe they can work out a time and place with Argentina and setup their brawl. It'll certainly help their manpower issue if they can just directly draft some football hooligans as their main force.

Orange Devil posted:

Thinking on this, this poo poo undeniably started with the abolition of the draft, which had to be done due to the societal factors at play during the Vietnam war which FF has posted at length about. So in a way it was Vietnam that dealt the US the lethal cut, it just took a good 50 years of bleeding out before it became apparent that it's going to be fatal.

The US sucked in the Korean war immediately after WW2. If the rot had set in that quickly was there ever really anything else?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1726640860803043771?t=xI3nllTat0Zxkew6767OAg&s=19

Lol it's gonna happen folks!!!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

it's just in the consitution. it was the correct response to the question that doesn't actually indicate any desire or will to do anything about it.

quote:

The Argentine Nation ratifies its legitimate and non-prescribing sovereignty over the Malvinas, Georgias del Sur and Sandwich del Sur Islands and over the corresponding maritime and insular zones, as they are an integral part of the National territory. The recovery of these territories and the full exercise of sovereignty, respecting the way of life for its inhabitants and according to the principles of international law, constitute a permanent and unwavering goal of the Argentine people.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cuttlefush posted:

it's just in the consitution.

you know what else can be found in constitutions? Ukraine joining NATO.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

you know what else can be found in constitutions? Ukraine joining NATO.

i know. doesn't work as a comparison though.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i wonder how many pasty failchildren will be left unable to sweat after falklands 2

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

which british monarch family member is going to performatively go to war this time?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

palindrome posted:

which british monarch family member is going to performatively go to war this time?

Spare boy. As enlisted. Hmm, catering corps should do.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

meghan markle's murderous marpits

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Battlemechs.

Now we're talking

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Don't worry Britain has stationed a whole case of tinned bully beef on the Falklands to protect it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Kazzah posted:

My man, let me introduce you to the Allied IFV from C&C Red Alert 2

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Get your rear end in the IFV Biden we need a prism cannon right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

it's good to have a living target to piss on