Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

biznatchio posted:

Looks like the Texas AG's gonna be investigating some posters in this thread.

He can investigate my balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Media matters didn’t hack the site, they used it as intended under ordinary user terms lol

lol at the defense being “you had to follow nazis before you’d see the nazi posts (yes, yes, they were right next to the ads from brands but the chance of that happening was one in a quadrillion)”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1726763198018359475?s=20

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1726715693952049513?s=20

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

How likely is it to catch fire and burn you to death?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Blizzard diablo 4 and Jim diablo should stop using twitter so it hurts musk in a deep personal way

e: lol wonder whats the cheapest whole sell poo poo cloth he got for that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon spots a weakness in Fort Lindell

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Tesla famously doesn’t advertise. Kind of curious if Musk tries to force a deal with X. Didn’t he make SpaceX buy ad space early in his Twitter acquisition?

That probably wouldn’t get the board to turn on him, but it would 100% make the SEC’s ears perk up.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/hannahgais/status/1726787274354970987?s=20

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I refreshed this thread am I getting swatted

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
So, if I'm understanding this right: (Formerly Twitter)'s defense is that they're showing so many different ads on the openly tolerated nazi profiles that it's statistically less likely than implied that the ads of 'major' advertisers will appear alongside praise of Hitler on a given refresh?

Like, roughly 12 out of 13 Hitler-adjacent ads are for fake mobile games, dropship scams, or the clit-sucking vibrator?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

I refreshed this thread am I getting swatted

ken paxton is on his way to shoot you personally for the evil you have done

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

So, if I'm understanding this right: (Formerly Twitter)'s defense is that they're showing so many different ads on the openly tolerated nazi profiles that it's statistically less likely than implied that the ads of 'major' advertisers will appear alongside praise of Hitler on a given refresh?

Like, roughly 12 out of 13 Hitler-adjacent ads are for fake mobile games, dropship scams, or the clit-sucking vibrator?

And they have multiple state AGs that are willing to pursue this in court as an unfair attack on musk's free speech.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1726805783197975035

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Did Elon somehow Streisand effect racism on Twitter

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Did Elon somehow Streisand effect racism on Twitter

Which is amazing because there's a LOT of racism on Twitter.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

so elon gets to spout all this untrue poo poo about his company but the moment someone else says something true about his he gets all pissy?

what a baby

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So what's this do to his "Media Matters lied about all the racist ads on my website" if he had to immediately turn the tap off on people searching for ads within an hour of him filing the lawsuit because people discovered the secret racism cheat codes for his website?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

THE JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US THE JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US THE JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US

Page break

Come on in this Saturday for an irreplaceable deal with Subway. Eat Fresh.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

why would media matters do this

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

nine-gear crow posted:

So what's this do to his "Media Matters lied about all the racist ads on my website" if he had to immediately turn the tap off on people searching for ads within an hour of him filing the lawsuit because people discovered the secret racism cheat codes for his website?
he's never said they lied about the racist ads - his contention was that they manipulated his system into showing ads next to racist content by subscribing to the racist content on his site and refreshing their timeline multiple times, actions no regular twitter user would ever perform.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
This is almost as funny as that time Elon made blue checks available to anyone for $8 so everyone made fake billion dollar corporations say poo poo like I Love Mommy Milkers.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

he's never said they lied about the racist ads - his contention was that they manipulated his system into showing ads next to racist content by subscribing to the racist content on his site and refreshing their timeline multiple times, actions no regular twitter user would ever perform.

Oh so he's a moron. Got it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

nine-gear crow posted:

!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Again, its actually not super hard to prevent big spender ads from appearing near this stuff and if I were any of the bigger ones Id be demanding my agency to go through to see if Twitter ever once implied it used White Listing and then sue musk's balls off.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

nine-gear crow posted:

Looking into it!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!

nine-gear crow posted:

So many understand this

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Szechwan posted:

This is almost as funny as that time Elon made blue checks available to anyone for $8 so everyone made fake billion dollar corporations say poo poo like I Love Mommy Milkers.

It’s not nearly as funny as that, but it’s still pretty good

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Barudak posted:

Again, its actually not super hard to prevent big spender ads from appearing near this stuff and if I were any of the bigger ones Id be demanding my agency to go through to see if Twitter ever once implied it used White Listing and then sue musk's balls off.

Elon creatively reinterpreted the concept of "white list".

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Awaiting the next lawsuit

X vs Those Woke Left Wing Hackers Who Used Search

Ghostlight posted:

They went so far to claim that outside of Media Matters, no one had ever seen such content next to ads ever, outside of like one other person with an Apple ad. You, know, according to their analytics.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Szechwan posted:

Until someone can poo poo post so well that they cost a company over 20 billion dollars, that will remain the most powerful poo poo post ever made on the internet.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

:perfect:

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Barudak posted:

Yes but you see the company is run by an utter moron who likes to move fast and break things and unplug servers and fall down k holes.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

need a 2023 Hackers reboot movie where Timothée Chalamet gets on his risc-v laptop and follows some groyper accounts and presses an RGB lighted F5 button to get a hitler pepe to appear next to a Happy Honda Days advertisement

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

nine-gear crow posted:

Concerning.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I am sad we don't live in the universe where elon jammed a swiss army knife in a 220V server mains socket while prying up the raised floor in the datacenter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

lmao