Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

DancingShade posted:

Ideally whoever made everyone angry in the first place should step forwards and apologise. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to make of the gordian knot of history stretching back a few thousand years.

I mean, either the King of England or the Pope would be a nice start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Maybe get some Greek or Russian priest in a big hat to apologize on behalf of the Romans

Who was the heir to Rome? Def wasn't the HRE

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

ProfessorBooty posted:

Fuckin...

Dude, do you think differently when you type versus when you, the executive you, thinks? This is something I consider. I admire it.

:burger:

wat

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

FlapYoJacks posted:

gently caress these giant piles of subhuman garbage.
gently caress every western country that supports these piles of subhuman garbage.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

paul_soccer successfully shamed D&D into no longer sending money to neo-nazi "charities" so he'll always be cool in my book

we should be giving him a medal, not a permaban

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

its genuinely sad that the aushwitz museum has decided to aid antisemites everywhere by dramatically cheapening and destroying the lessons learned from the holocaust, its so so sad and upsetting that theyve decided to tell people that ethnic hatred and genocide only matters when its done to white people, im so loving mad at these loving monsters for doing this

I know this is pages back (I’m busy so I can’t keep up with the thread) but you’ve realized something here, Al-Saqr. And that’s the West only considers Hitler to be a monster because he took the tools of imperialism and used them against white people.

Churchill is still celebrated despite murdering millions of Bengalese. North Americans celebrate Columbus Day, even though that guy started butchering Arawaks like the minute he got off the boat. The guy who genocided my ancestors is on the $20 bill. George Bush and Kissinger get glowing articles in the NYT on their birthdays.

So it’s not hypocritical at all for the Holocaust museum to support Israel. It’s victims don’t count.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

DasNeonLicht posted:

quote:

And I don’t care if it’s technically anti-Semitic or not. I actually don’t care if the motive is anti-Semitic. The intent here doesn’t matter. The consequence will be the effective destruction of the Jewish people. We will not survive as a people without the state of Israel.

Equating Hamas and B.D.S. seems pretty wild to me, but I guess what he's saying is that when it comes to the dilemma he laid out about ruling another people, he prioritizes keeping a Jewish majority over being a democracy. He also seems to have very little confidence in the ability of Jewish Israelis to defend themselves within a pluralistic democracy and is fixated on establishing a politically sacrosanct and armed Jewish majority that can deter its enemies through brutal punishment:

I mean, it seems like the Jewish people have historically been pretty good at surviving without a state.

Israelis can't help themselves from spitting in the faces of the diaspora. The most charitable interpretation here is that he has simply decided to cluelessly ignore all of Jewish history; the alternative is that the thousands of years of existence as diaspora were equivalent to being destroyed, a state of non-existence, or at best stagnation and slow death.

Seems kind of antisemitic to me :thunk:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

the West only considers Hitler to be a monster because he took the tools of imperialism and used them against white people.

something like a week before Oct 7, when the news cycle was consumed over the Canadian parliament applauding Jaroslav Hunka and all the Hitler apologia started coming out, someone said nothing more than this and set off a firestorm of controversy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Brucolac posted:

The loving Babylonians kicked off the exile persecution complex, let's blame them.

I'm down for this initiative. They made the tower after all.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

paul_soccer successfully shamed D&D into no longer sending money to neo-nazi "charities" so he'll always be cool in my book

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

I mean, it seems like the Jewish people have historically been pretty good at surviving without a state.

Israelis can't help themselves from spitting in the faces of the diaspora. The most charitable interpretation here is that he has simply decided to cluelessly ignore all of Jewish history; the alternative is that the thousands of years of existence as diaspora were equivalent to being destroyed, a state of non-existence, or at best stagnation and slow death.

So much makes sense realising zionism and antisemitism go hand in hand.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

every idf soldier should take a long walk off a short pier. i hope every idf soldiers meal is full of fishbones.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

every idf soldier should take a long walk off a short pier. i hope every idf soldiers meal is full of fishbones.

oh now you've done it

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I know this is pages back (I’m busy so I can’t keep up with the thread) but you’ve realized something here, Al-Saqr. And that’s the West only considers Hitler to be a monster because he took the tools of imperialism and used them against white people.

Churchill is still celebrated despite murdering millions of Bengalese. North Americans celebrate Columbus Day, even though that guy started butchering Arawaks like the minute he got off the boat. The guy who genocided my ancestors is on the $20 bill. George Bush and Kissinger get glowing articles in the NYT on their birthdays.

So it’s not hypocritical at all for the Holocaust museum to support Israel. It’s victims don’t count.

Fascism is colonialism turned inward.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

IDF soldiers: playtime is over

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Free paul soccer, who only stated an obvious truism.

BrotherJayne posted:

Maybe get some Greek or Russian priest in a big hat to apologize on behalf of the Romans

Who was the heir to Rome? Def wasn't the HRE

Best contenders are the Ottomans or the Russians. The former captured the capital, Constantinople and the later are orthodox and one of the tsars married an emperors daughter. I give it to the Turks because the empire was never really hereditary.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
paul soccer got permaed for wishing death upon Ba5ic, the only cool IDF soldier, and rightly so

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I walked through blood and bones trying to find my brother on 7.10

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gradenko_2000 posted:

one of the neat things about that helicopter video is that "dudes chopper in to take over a ship" is a scene that's been played out in countless forms of Western media: Call of Duty did (repeatedly!), the MCU did it, any number of action movies did it

but it was always Western Tier 1 operators that did it

except in real life, the SEALS didn't do it, the SAS didn't do it, Spetznaz didn't do it

it was Ansarallah

Ehh, Dutch marines did it to Somali pirates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcqZKBJMNhI

And then they were put on trial, convicted and imprisoned in the Netherlands.

It didn't change anything though so all in all it seems like a tremendous waste of time and effort to me.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1726686232086990988

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

Ehh, Dutch marines did it to Somali pirates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcqZKBJMNhI

And then they were put on trial, convicted and imprisoned in the Netherlands.

It didn't change anything though so all in all it seems like a tremendous waste of time and effort to me.

Tromp!!!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Fortaleza posted:

can someone give a short summary? it sounds hilarious.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Trying to imagine a movie made around a heroic 15 man team whose job is to assassinate one unsuspecting civilian. A long shot finale which is itself a pisstake of the genre by making the audience spend 10 minutes watching the setup and matrix style slow motion as they all shoot at the same time while Bob the mailman puts someone's electricity bill into their mailbox. Cue dramatic music and roll end credits.

Isn't it normally something like the opposite where one guy beats the odds to triumph? Like Polar or similar?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
🟢 Member of Hamas Political Bureau, Izzat Al-Rishq to Al-Araby TV:

We are much closer to announcing a ceasefire agreement soon, a temporary ceasefire for a specific number of days and entry of aid in exchange for the release of prisoners from both sides.

All resistance factions are united in the field and in political decisions, and the ceasefire agreement includes all factions.

The anticipated agreement includes the release of an agreed-upon number of "israeli" child and women prisoners in exchange for the release of Palestinian children and women from the occupation's prisons.

There was procrastination from the "israeli" side in completing the ceasefire agreement, especially by Netanyahu.

If an agreement is announced, it will be acceptable and satisfactory to us and will reflect the demands of the resistance.

The "israelis" are trying to negotiate amid aggression to break the resistance, but this has not and will not happen.

We will not delve into the details of the anticipated agreement now, and when reached, it will be announced by the brothers in Qatar."

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/ceilnoyle/status/1726728163185598701?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

This guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maarten_Tromp

He was ironically captured and enslaved by pirates for a bit. Twice.

Though he did kill a lot of English so all in all a good guy.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Neurolimal posted:

If the boats start fighting back they could probably just fire missiles at them instead of hijacking.

Iran will design them a torpedo that can be built out of wrought iron and fermented wheat

(holds up a Weetabix)

We know more than you think.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/censoredmen/status/1726744143366434837?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

hadji murad posted:

can someone give a short summary? it sounds hilarious.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994478&userid=225713

paul_soccer12 posted:

these are nazis

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lmao the mod getting mad that Paul didn't link to a Google search and then also banning sexpig for asking them to remove the link from the op

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

crepeface posted:

lmao the mod getting mad that Paul didn't link to a Google search and then also banning sexpig for asking them to remove the link from the op

i forgot sexpig was in on that

:thunk:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

insane that the solution was just not to recommend donating to nazi groups, but i guess that’s no different to the argument about funding settler charities because you’re not really funding the killing, just some nursery books or something

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

mods are idf

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So much makes sense realising zionism and antisemitism go hand in hand.

Interesting propositions, let's see how prominent zionosts felt:

Ze'ev Jabotinsky posted:

Our starting point is to take the typical Yid of today and to imagine his diametrical opposite ... because the Yid is ugly, sickly, and lacks decorum, we shall endow the ideal image of the Hebrew with masculine beauty. The Yid is trodden upon and easily frightened and, therefore, the Hebrew ought to be proud and independent. The Yid is despised by all and, therefore, the Hebrew ought to charm all. The Yid has accepted submission and, therefore, the Hebrew ought to learn how to command. The Yid wants to conceal his identity from strangers and, therefore, the Hebrew should look the world straight in the eye and declare: "I am a Hebrew!"

Theodor Herzl posted:

The anti-Semites will become our most dependable friends, the anti-Semitic countries our allies.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

thanks Cut, I enjoyed that