Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Staltran posted:

Yeah, why'd you keep Malleable Invaders for the final culture?

Malleable invaders + Steppe tolerance + Apostate perk is free conversion to any faith. Noble adoption is used for adopting 15-year olds who can become adults as fast as possible. Tribal unity + Mystical Ancestors is used for farming prestige/renown.

I was originally going to make a funny culture with multiple traditions that all use the same picture, but it didn't pan out-- I needed useful traditions for the strat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

When the runestone achievement doesn't have enough repetitive clicking for you :v:

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

When the runestone achievement doesn't have enough repetitive clicking for you :v:

lmaoo, I had to write multiple autohotkey scripts to automate clicking in certain parts. Only reason the run finished at all

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

scaterry posted:

Finished an all-cultures merged run right before the dlc releases. I feel pretty good about it, not much time improvement can be made (maybe making the decision cultures earlier? idk)

Explanation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/17qk4g2/comment/k8ch4bi/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

This is the future liberals want :colbert:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Quorum posted:

This is the past liberals want :colbert:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

scaterry posted:

Finished an all-cultures merged run right before the dlc releases. I feel pretty good about it, not much time improvement can be made (maybe making the decision cultures earlier? idk)

Explanation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/17qk4g2/comment/k8ch4bi/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

crazy.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

The Intermezzo seems to play out as a rather fast-paced scramble for power and does a lot of shake-ups of the Persian region, going by the videos I've seen so far of it in play. Looks like a pretty good addition, and the clan mechanics are nice.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Haven't quite felt the spark for the Persian struggle. Seems very chaotic, especially in comparison to the Iberian struggle where there was kind of incentive structure to chilling out. I also haven't seen too many unique events or situations.

That said, I'm waiting for a patch because I ran into a bug where I can't assign rulers to temple holdings as a Zoroastrian and anyone I assign as a chaplain leaves within a day.

EDIT: The problem for me with CK3 recently is that unending spam of the same event. It used to be all minor intrigue stuff and now it's all related to having my throne claimed by some low level noble. I would really like a limit on how often I'm able to receive a minor event.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 10, 2023

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

George Sex - REAL posted:

Haven't quite felt the spark for the Persian struggle. Seems very chaotic, especially in comparison to the Iberian struggle where there was kind of incentive structure to chilling out. I also haven't seen too many unique events or situations.

That said, I'm waiting for a patch because I ran into a bug where I can't assign rulers to temple holdings as a Zoroastrian and anyone I assign as a chaplain leaves within a day.

EDIT: The problem for me with CK3 recently is that unending spam of the same event. It used to be all minor intrigue stuff and now it's all related to having my throne claimed by some low level noble. I would really like a limit on how often I'm able to receive a minor event.

There was a bug that cause everyone to be able to claim your throne, it was just hotfixed so only large vassals should do it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I saw some jokes about playing as Ya'qub in the 867 start date to "invent white people", and it lead me to learn something new about the world. :psyduck:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
mental illness actually does know some ethnicity - white rich westerners have the worst treated mental illness rate, but south african small state peeps have the worst suicide rate. nevertheless, no such thing as an ethnicity entirely without mental illness

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Antigravitas posted:

I saw some jokes about playing as Ya'qub in the 867 start date to "invent white people", and it lead me to learn something new about the world. :psyduck:

Nation of Islam is basically just Black Mormonism in that it's a vaguely sci-fi cult that takes an established old world religion and crams it into an extremely wacky American fan fiction version.

Mormonism probably murdered a lot more people though.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they're both at the kiddie table. big boys table starts at like a million dead imo

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

so what do people think of the new clan government mechanics?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Mantis42 posted:

so what do people think of the new clan government mechanics?

Clan Unity is nice, its easy to get it up to the max friendliness and have really good inheritances where your main heir gets most of your titles. The tax stuff is also nice, easy to give vassals that dislike you lower taxes without having to change their contract permanently. I took the Iranian resurgence ending decision yesterday and it was fun although it ended quite quickly, I managed to do it before 900 due to how easy it is to claim the throne as a vassal against the AI now.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

It feels like the Intermezzo is supposed to be fast, but it's also chaotic as hell and switches between phases real fast.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the actual one lasted a century and change, their timing seems to have whacked it to 40 years

someone has a mod out to slow it down

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 12, 2023

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Antigravitas posted:

What does ya’qub have to do with white people?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Jaytan posted:

What does ya’qub have to do with white people?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakub_(Nation_of_Islam)

quote:

In the beliefs of the Nation of Islam (NOI), Yakub (sometimes spelled Yacub or Yaqub) was a black scientist who lived 6,600 years ago and began the creation of the white race.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yes i believe it worked on a similar principle as the rowdyruff gang

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Great research, money well spent, thanks!

I got the Seljuk event last night, they ask for a complete duchy to settle or they would wage war with 18500 soldiers. I wanted them as vassals and since the duchy they asked for belonged to a vassal I gave it to them. They convert to your religion, Zoroastrianism in my case, and become a clan vassal but retain their special invasion CB which they just went completely ham with right after settling. They've invaded 4 kingdoms so far and expanded my borders into India and the steppes only being stopped by a massive Mongolia.

8-Bit Dracula
Dec 31, 2007

New player, question about marriage and dynasties.

I'm on my first ruler playing as Uppland in Sweden. Made my own dynasty with a martial focused character. I've founded the kingdom of Sweden (all of the De Jure title counties conquered under the kingdom title), founded the kingdom of Norway (almost entirely vassalised and under my control) and I just won a kingdom conquest against Denmark. I executed their king and his heir owns a small part of Norway after the war and has no real alliances or military strength to threaten me.

Now I'm looking to hand out my surplus counties from Denmark since I'm far above my domain limit. I plan on keeping Sjaelland as my own and ditch Gotland. My strategy is as follows:

- Matrilineally marry my daughters to suitable men of the northern germanic culture and grant the titles to their husbands, keeping their heirs and therefore future vassals within my dynasty. Is this a sound strategy?
- If I marry my bastard daughters in the same fashion, will their heirs found new dynasties or stay as my own? I've not yet converted to catholicism but I think my next ruler will (in maybe 20-30 years, current ruler is 43).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

8-Bit Dracula posted:

New player, question about marriage and dynasties.

I'm on my first ruler playing as Uppland in Sweden. Made my own dynasty with a martial focused character. I've founded the kingdom of Sweden (all of the De Jure title counties conquered under the kingdom title), founded the kingdom of Norway (almost entirely vassalised and under my control) and I just won a kingdom conquest against Denmark. I executed their king and his heir owns a small part of Norway after the war and has no real alliances or military strength to threaten me.

Now I'm looking to hand out my surplus counties from Denmark since I'm far above my domain limit. I plan on keeping Sjaelland as my own and ditch Gotland. My strategy is as follows:

- Matrilineally marry my daughters to suitable men of the northern germanic culture and grant the titles to their husbands, keeping their heirs and therefore future vassals within my dynasty. Is this a sound strategy?
- If I marry my bastard daughters in the same fashion, will their heirs found new dynasties or stay as my own? I've not yet converted to catholicism but I think my next ruler will (in maybe 20-30 years, current ruler is 43).

Matrilineally marrying your daughters to men without children and giving the men titles is a pretty solid strategy, though you have to be careful in case something gets the women killed or kidnapped before they have children. This is also a great way to get high prowess knights or characters with high skills to serve as councilors.

Bastards won't work unless you legitimize them first.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Now that having mods installed doesn't affect your ability to earn achievements, are there any good UI mods that make the interface for Accolades not suck so bad?

Edit: Ghazi tax decrees are so good, especially because the tiny loss of levies is a drop in the bucket compared to the income boon while at war. For each vassal under Ghazi status your global income increases by +1% while at war, which from what I can tell appears to include the income from your domain! I've got the majority of my vassals under Ghazi status and wars are extremely profitable for me now.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 16, 2023

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Neurion posted:

Now that having mods installed doesn't affect your ability to earn achievements, are there any good UI mods that make the interface for Accolades not suck so bad?

Edit: Ghazi tax decrees are so good, especially because the tiny loss of levies is a drop in the bucket compared to the income boon while at war. For each vassal under Ghazi status your global income increases by +1% while at war, which from what I can tell appears to include the income from your domain! I've got the majority of my vassals under Ghazi status and wars are extremely profitable for me now.

I am not aware of any UI mods that improve accolades, it seems they are just too complicated to make work easily. The requirements for making a knight part of an accolade are so restrictive and whenever you search for a knight to be part of an accolade they are always found with really low prowess so you have to manually force them to become a knight and then select them to be part of the accolade, it is so stupid. I think a good idea would simply be to remove the restrictions on who can be part of an accolade, just make the highest prowess knight inherit the accolade whenever the first one dies. Maybe that can be done with a mod.

I use 2 UI mods:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2220762808
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2995323766

First one will make it easier to understand who an event is referencing and the second one makes it easier to manage your realm and vassals.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Got the Umayyad Strikes Back achievement this afternoon. It was a lot of fun, and the Seljuks actually had a hand in making it easier for me. I was expecting to have to swing my house unity all the way to the hostile side to have unlimited Invasion CBs, which I'd then use to take bites out of the Arabian empire until I could usurp it, but the Seljuks showed up and destroyed the Sunni Caliphate title by unlanding the then independent ducal Caliph. When I saw the Caliphate was free I snapped that up in an instant, and also noticed the Arabian empire was the target of a Seljuk invasion CB, so I waited until that war resolved and then used my Caliphate Subjugation CB to take the Arabian empire title from the Seljuks, securing the achievement.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Neurion posted:

Got the Umayyad Strikes Back achievement this afternoon. It was a lot of fun, and the Seljuks actually had a hand in making it easier for me. I was expecting to have to swing my house unity all the way to the hostile side to have unlimited Invasion CBs, which I'd then use to take bites out of the Arabian empire until I could usurp it, but the Seljuks showed up and destroyed the Sunni Caliphate title by unlanding the then independent ducal Caliph. When I saw the Caliphate was free I snapped that up in an instant, and also noticed the Arabian empire was the target of a Seljuk invasion CB, so I waited until that war resolved and then used my Caliphate Subjugation CB to take the Arabian empire title from the Seljuks, securing the achievement.

Nice, I'm going to try this soon. Who did you start as?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

TjyvTompa posted:

Nice, I'm going to try this soon. Who did you start as?

The Umayyad ruler of al-Andalus.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Picked the game back up for the new DLC. Started a game in Iberia after not really enjoying the Iranian intermezzo and running into several new and DLC specific bugs.

After about 40 years on the latest Spanish campaign ran into some issues with cultural reforms switching out to another I didn't choose in the process of reform. Also, my ruler became a lunatic and I got the incredibly rare greenhouse event but the decision to build a greenhouse just ate my gold and didn't give me the building.

I wouldn't call either minor issues. Not game breaking, but very annoying. The latter especially, as I reported it as a bug over the summer.

This is usually the downfall of any Paradox title for me. Running into bugs often enough for it to ruin my faith in the game as I'm playing it. If ever I see too far into the game and the artifice wears off, it's goodbye game

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

I feel like it might be impossible to keep a massive clan at harmonious unity, long-term. I started in 867 and currently it is the 1100s. There are over 1000 living members of the dynasty, and my dinky little +10 to House Unity every few years is just a drop in the ocean to all the antagonistic ongoings. The continual Request Divorces alone would destroy unity.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I've never engaged with the hostage mechanics. Will the AI kill your lovely heir-hostage if you declare war?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Freudian slippers posted:

I've never engaged with the hostage mechanics. Will the AI kill your lovely heir-hostage if you declare war?

I had the option pop up when a war was declared on me and I murdered 'em so I can only assume they'll do it back

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Thanks! This bears further scrutiny.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Moreau posted:

I feel like it might be impossible to keep a massive clan at harmonious unity, long-term. I started in 867 and currently it is the 1100s. There are over 1000 living members of the dynasty, and my dinky little +10 to House Unity every few years is just a drop in the ocean to all the antagonistic ongoings. The continual Request Divorces alone would destroy unity.

somewhere, ibn Khaldun is smiling

also, did they change something about conditions for Holy Wars? I'm playing as a Zoroastrian king (with Islamic Syncretism, although that shouldn't be an issue since Islam is still Hostile and therefore a valid Holy War target) and for some reason the only people I can declare a duchy-level Holy War on are the Abbasids - everyone else only has the county-level option. Is it now limited by the tier of the person you're targeting?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Quick question but are there any fun mods people can recommend?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Trying to decide whether to get into Vic 3 or get back into CK3.

I have the Royal Edition DLC for CK3 but apparently there's a Chapter 2 pack with 4 more DLC? Are those worth getting?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Yeah I think they’re all worth getting. Wait to see what the bundle costs when the Steam sale starts later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Quick question but are there any fun mods people can recommend?

The Game of Thrones mod is insanely kick-rear end!