Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
he could have just said "perfection is absolute and likely impossible so don't bother"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Two heads ARE better than one!

What does that have to do with anything?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Regarde Aduck posted:

he could have just said "perfection is absolute and likely impossible so don't bother"

That point came second to their desire to sound smart, and hence they ended up sounding stupid.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 21, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I clicked through and am really hung up on the bit i've bolded here

quote:

Alternatively, it may be faster and easier still to make the best of it and choose a different line of reasoning for this part of your perfect file. Choose to let it be a natural record. Choose to have everyone die once, or 8 times. Choose that you want to see the scene where the Trepies scold you for letting Quistis get knocked out more often than you. Choose that you didn't really do everything in the game if you never got knocked out. Choose that eating a barbecue chicken immaculately is inherently imperfect. Anybody comes around your house with a maximized file but straight 0s, point out that he seems to have wasted quite a lot of money on Phoenix Downs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
*Gamer trying to explain that perfection is an unattainable goal* Imagine a barbecue chicken

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Yes?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:lovewcc: (barbie chicken on the right)

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Cranappleberry posted:

"practicably"

this guy hosed a thesaurus

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

:lol:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

cumpantry posted:

:lovewcc: (barbie chicken on the right)

Staring at this emote and realizing how old it is

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mr. Nice! posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing, I've just been waiting to say that all day!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Immaculate consumption is some real catholic poo poo

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G310PL039ZY

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

Staring at this emote and realizing how old it is

lol the first portal game was basically giving backstory to Aperture because they were going to be involved in the story line of HL3

then they got depressed because they had too much money

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
On the occasion of paul_soccer12's perma, I'd like to point out that FactsAreUseless regretted not permabanning him on his way out the door in 2019 or 2018 or whenever he quit as admin.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol the first portal game was basically giving backstory to Aperture because they were going to be involved in the story line of HL3

then they got depressed because they had too much money

ValveOfYospos

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

On the occasion of paul_soccer12's perma, I'd like to point out that FactsAreUseless regretted not permabanning him on his way out the door in 2019 or 2018 or whenever he quit as admin.

wonder whose psycho rereg he was that someone let back in because they felt bad

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

wonder whose psycho rereg he was that someone let back in because they felt bad are online friends

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
paul_tennis12 :tinfoil:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can, in fact, complete a game without dying. Just play well.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Perfection is attainable in the form of tool-assisted speedrunning.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Paladinus posted:

You can, in fact, complete a game without dying. Just play well.

yeah? what about hades?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

yeah? what about hades?

Skill issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idw3Pe5HQTI

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
he dies even when he wins, is my point

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

house entirely glass

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

where does FAU fall among the ranks of former admins? hamstrung by circumstance, hopelessly out of their depth, chased out because of erotic myst roleplay?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

directly responsible for the siege of Sarajevo. long story

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Autisanal Cheese posted:

where does FAU fall among the ranks of former admins? hamstrung by circumstance, hopelessly out of their depth, chased out because of erotic myst roleplay?

smythelike

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

he dies even when he wins, is my point

Scripted deaths are not deaths.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

nice to see AI chat on the forums is still cool and normal

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
there's games with fights the player is meant to lose. Sometimes you can win anyway and the game just ends right there and sometimes the fight just keeps going in an endless loop and you can't advance till you manage to die.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

directly responsible for the siege of Sarajevo. long story

thought that was anderson cooper

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cranappleberry posted:

there's games with fights the player is meant to lose. Sometimes you can win anyway and the game just ends right there and sometimes the fight just keeps going in an endless loop and you can't advance till you manage to die.

I hate these. Just have me instantly die when I get the boss to half health or something! Otherwise I'll use a bunch of consumables not realizing I'm supposed to lose.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I hate these. Just have me instantly die when I get the boss to half health or something! Otherwise I'll use a bunch of consumables not realizing I'm supposed to lose.

or have the game give you your poo poo back when you die. it doesn't make narrative sense but it takes away some of the shittiness

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

That's why the only possibly tolerable version of that is when it's the very first thing that happens and you don't have any consumables to lose

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
After the forced loss, the antagonist leaves a coin pouch for you, equal to the cost of the consumables you wasted fighting them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Leal posted:

After the forced loss, the antagonist leaves a coin pouch for you, equal to the cost of the consumables you wasted fighting them.
excellent, this 3g should adequately cover the three elixirs I used in the fight

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Invictus posted:

excellent, this 3g should adequately cover the three elixirs I used in the fight

No dumbass you save every elixir for the final battle in case you need them and then grind up to become so powerful that you don't ever have to use them so you can always have them in case you need them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Good guy with a good heart, but massively burnt out by singlehandedly running the forums for a couple of years. Made some dumb decisions at times but overall was a decent admin.