Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
DeAndre Ayton is averaging HOW many free throws a game?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

shais free throw rate is currently below deaarons

Well that just makes sense, he’s finally actually getting free throws for all the times he’s fouled. His ftr should be closer to .5. He’s just too fast. Anyways I’m okay with Shai being #1 best pg and Fox #2

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

fox and sga should get all of embiids free throws till he wins a single second round series

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

lol

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ohnohedidnt24/status/1726789324593942974

poole realizing at the end of this that the clock was running the entire time is beautiful

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
lo he clownin

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dyson and Herb had Fox in hell tonight. He went 5-18 for 14 points and 0 assists.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

More like Jordan Foole

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Celtics 1-2 without Derrick White

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dream life

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1726805434877747418

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Wolves running it up against the Knicks is nice to see, gently caress Thibs, etc.

Really curious to see how this team handles a three or four game losing streak. Are the vibes durable? Does the mentality survive adversity?

My hunch is they're a year away from handling that well, but they've been a year away from a year away for like a decade so I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Paracaidas posted:

Wolves running it up against the Knicks is nice to see, gently caress Thibs, etc.

Really curious to see how this team handles a three or four game losing streak. Are the vibes durable? Does the mentality survive adversity?

My hunch is they're a year away from handling that well, but they've been a year away from a year away for like a decade so I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth.

The Atlanta loss was worth three or four losses on its own. They handled that well.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kibner posted:

Dyson and Herb had Fox in hell tonight. He went 5-18 for 14 points and 0 assists.

Second night of a back to back and he just got player of the week so decided it was time for someone else to win it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I got NBA League pass and was streaming it tonight (celts vs hornets). I noticed it was streaming in 720p and I couldn't increase it to 1080p. At first I thought there was something wrong with my computer or a bug on NBA leage pass. But I've been reading that most stadiums only have 720p cameras which is crazy to me. Why haven't they invested in at least 1080p?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Kings really stunk it up as a whole. Banish back to backs

Ingram and Zion were getting whatever they wanted. For some reason the hated and dastardly Valanciunas always gives Sabonis problems too. Big dude, fellow Lithuanian, athletic for his size, and monster rebounder.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

shais free throw rate is currently below deaarons

lol owned

they got some weird homies in brazil

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

bucks quietly on a five game streak since orlando beat them and haven't scored under 118 during the run

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Michael Transactions posted:

I got NBA League pass and was streaming it tonight (celts vs hornets). I noticed it was streaming in 720p and I couldn't increase it to 1080p. At first I thought there was something wrong with my computer or a bug on NBA leage pass. But I've been reading that most stadiums only have 720p cameras which is crazy to me. Why haven't they invested in at least 1080p?

There are a lot of reasons, but it generally comes down to most RSNs not being able to or willing to pay to upgrade the cameras after the expensive of the license, and, the number of fans who actually care are fewer than you might think.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

There are a lot of reasons, but it generally comes down to most RSNs not being able to or willing to pay to upgrade the cameras after the expensive of the license, and, the number of fans who actually care are fewer than you might think.

Just have to hope the league is willing to invest when they take over the Bally contracts next year. They've been pretty forward-looking in general but it's likely a big upfront expense and a lot of the teams involved are cheap

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Rick posted:

It's really disheartening after seeing what mlb.tv puts out every year. Not to mention the apple tv broadcasts (those are dogshit in other ways though).

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Second night of a back to back and he just got player of the week so decided it was time for someone else to win it

😤

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Michael Transactions posted:

Because it costs money to get all that stuff and it doesn’t lose them money to stick with what they got.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/ohnohedidnt24/status/1726789324593942974

poole realizing at the end of this that the clock was running the entire time is beautiful

hes so bad lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Poole showing up everyone itt who didn't pick him as the most clownball player

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Hes so much fum hes my favorite player.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Hes so much fum hes my favorite player.

he’s the best lmao he’s pumping out all-time highlights on a nightly basis

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

bucks quietly on a five game streak since orlando beat them and haven't scored under 118 during the run

Obviously they're still scoring but is dame any less of a traffic cone?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

When does Pop start catching heat for sabotaging Wemby like this, Spurs are complete rear end.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Zogo posted:

I was one of the five. In order to guess all sixteen teams correctly one has to make a few odd choices. So far this pick is not looking good though. Wizards already down to a 1in1000 shot.

In ten years (1030 voters) nobody has guessed all sixteen playoff teams correctly yet.

It would be neat to look at odds of each team making it and have a running leaderboard of which poster is looking most likely to get all 16.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

When does Pop start catching heat for sabotaging Wemby like this, Spurs are complete rear end.

Young teams lose, even really good rookies usually don't change that.

Like the few exceptions are hall of fame centers that have dominant post games from the jump that draw like 6+ fouls a game. We're talking like Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Robinson, Duncan, Shaq and in some of those cases the teams did some pretty big makeovers when the offseason where rookie came in that the Spurs were unable to do due to the nature of this offseason not having a lot of great free agents.

Throw in that Victor is like 3-5 years younger than those dudes were in their rookie year and expectations of instant success are pretty unrealistic, but he's putting up some pretty great numbers for a rookie too already, the Spurs may end up winning a lot more in the second half of the year once the refs start protecting him a bit more and his game continues to develop.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Rick posted:

Young teams lose, even really good rookies usually don't change that.

Like the few exceptions are hall of fame centers that have dominant post games from the jump that draw like 6+ fouls a game. We're talking like Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Robinson, Duncan, Shaq and in some of those cases the teams did some pretty big makeovers when the offseason where rookie came in that the Spurs were unable to do due to the nature of this offseason not having a lot of great free agents.

Throw in that Victor is like 3-5 years younger than those dudes were in their rookie year and expectations of instant success are pretty unrealistic, but he's putting up some pretty great numbers for a rookie too already, the Spurs may end up winning a lot more in the second half of the year once the refs start protecting him a bit more and his game continues to develop.

bill russell took a .500 first round playoff exit team team to win its first championship in his rookie year, and then forced them to win 10 out of the next 11. id include him in your list of "wilt, kareem, hakeem, duncan robinson, shaq"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Never heard of him.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

fart simpson posted:

bill russell took a .500 first round playoff exit team team to win its first championship in his rookie year, and then forced them to win 10 out of the next 11. id include him in your list of "wilt, kareem, hakeem, duncan robinson, shaq"

A missing comma has never made such a difference

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dyson not as good as Herb but still real good at defense:

https://x.com/FearTheBrown/status/1726835083150258503?s=20

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The Spurs would immediately be a semi-competitve team if they stopped this insane point-Sohan idea, started Tre Jones and traded for/signed a backup pg. Also their defense would be much better if they played Wemby at the five more, rather than barely at all.

They obviously have no interest in winning at all this year which is defensible, but at least they should try to build good process and habits into these young guys.

Sohan has a .497 TS% and a 18% turnover percentage. For your lead ball handler that is insane!

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 21, 2023

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

The Spurs would immediately be a semi-competitve team if they stopped this insane point-Sohan idea, started Tre Jones and traded for/signed a backup pg. Also their defense would be much better if they played Wemby at the five more, rather than barely at all.

They obviously have no interest in winning at all this year which is defensible, but at least they should try to build good process and habits into these young guys.

Sohan has a .497 TS% and a 18% turnover percentage. For your lead ball handler that is insane!

I feel like the question is “has anyone started out this bad as lead ball handler and developer into a good one?” Ideally you’d want them to get better through the year.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Isentropy posted:

I feel like the question is “has anyone started out this bad as lead ball handler and developer into a good one?” Ideally you’d want them to get better through the year.

The point Giannis experiment didn’t turn him into a pg but it completely changed his game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Goddamn some of yall have zero patience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The absolute worst thing you could do would be to play Wemby at the 5 a lot right now just to try to win 35 games.