Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Adam said that "we have YouTube" was part of the reasoning he was given, so, yeah probably. lmfao

Just out of curiosity, let's check YouTube on a brand new profile so there's not bias

Even WWE promotes the 92 rumble with that phrase instead of edge vs orton! Hah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:laffo:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

The one thing I remember from "The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever"

all i remember is that it was edge and orton grunting in a warehouse by themselves for like 45 minutes, total slog

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

all i remember is that it was edge and orton grunting in a warehouse by themselves for like 45 minutes, total slog

There was a spot that was reminiscient of how benoit hung himself from his bowflex setup, so that’s cool and good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

graph posted:

rotinaj posted:

There was a spot that was reminiscient of how benoit hung himself from his bowflex setup, so that’s cool and good

wasn't this the match before The Greatest Match Of All Time, like they had that match and then even in kayfabe they were like "that match stunk, so lets have a rematch and this time it'll be The Greatest Match Of All Time"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah that was their Wrestlemania last man standing match, which produced this beautiful moment:

https://twitter.com/mrminoan/status/1501365770688897029?s=46&t=zH6osuheNgUewndELfHYDA

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

xbilkis posted:

Yeah that was their Wrestlemania last man standing match, which produced this beautiful moment:

https://twitter.com/mrminoan/status/1501365770688897029?s=46&t=zH6osuheNgUewndELfHYDA

lmao

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Yeah the Benoit tribute spot happened in the mania match that was boring af

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Well the tribute to other eras does at least explain what was a baffling and contextless intro to that match where the ghost of Howard Finkel was ring announcing on an old school MSG suspended microphone.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

wasn't this the match before The Greatest Match Of All Time, like they had that match and then even in kayfabe they were like "that match stunk, so lets have a rematch and this time it'll be The Greatest Match Of All Time"

drat, guess i need to watch the product

I’m not gonna watch the product

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

0konner posted:

Well the tribute to other eras does at least explain what was a baffling and contextless intro to that match where the ghost of Howard Finkel was ring announcing on an old school MSG suspended microphone.

Yeah, he specifically mentioned that part actually!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the meltzer.

There's no problem with the wrestling industry and related stuff? Fools.

I hate SA and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How in the gently caress can they still not get good audio from Dave in 2023. I mean I know why, it’s just really funny.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
i cant fault bryan for not wanting to remotely troubleshoot his 70 year old friends tech issues from inside a beach side cabin at 2:30 am

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can as it his one and only job

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
vinny referring to dave as their meal ticket was a real mask off moment

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotinaj posted:

I’m not gonna watch the product

:john scherer voice: try my product

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

graph posted:

:john scherer voice: try my product

i guess there we re a bunch of those commercials and i can't find the right one, but at the end of the one that would run when i was a kid, his last plea of, "try my product" was one of the most desperate things i had ever heard at the time. it really stuck with me

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i guess there we re a bunch of those commercials and i can't find the right one, but at the end of the one that would run when i was a kid, his last plea of, "try my product" was one of the most desperate things i had ever heard at the time. it really stuck with me

was it the video professor

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

neoaxd posted:

was it the video professor

mhm

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So apparently Bryan's email account hasn't been working for like 6 weeks and he hadn't noticed :laugh:

I'm sure he probably gets most of his messages through the phone/texts etc but even so :allears:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Sorry, it's reality.

This is a guy who let's his friends host their terrible shows on his network, agrees to NFT deals with them, and prints completely baseless stuff to try to help his friend Matt Riddle. Imagine not thinking it's reality that the huge increase in ballots often went to people in that circle.

Look, I know you are super into wrestling news but calm the gently caress down. Did you not get a ballot and you're being pissy?

Show of hands on people who have heard Dave talk about his "NFT deals" on his his show. I can't imagine how exhausting it would be to hear Dave Meltzer talk about his "NFT deals". You've also been obsessed about this Matt Riddle thing and while I don't have any personal knowledge I would assume that if a major wrestler got fired from WWE there would be interest from pretty much every other company. That's barely a news story.

Dave's biases are obvious but it's not reality to think he's important enough to have a group of wack packers doing whatever you think they would be doing for a 65 year old man typing about pro wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I misread "wack pack" and was imagining Dave Meltzer and Fumi Saito smoking fat blunts in Osaka in the 90s :smith:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave smoking that poo poo that got Matt Sydel kicked out of Japan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dave never mentioned nfts

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dave smoking that poo poo that got Matt Sydel kicked out of Japan

lmfao

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

dave never mentioned nfts

He mentioned them you son of a bitch (?)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Look, I know you are super into wrestling news but calm the gently caress down. Did you not get a ballot and you're being pissy?

Show of hands on people who have heard Dave talk about his "NFT deals" on his his show. I can't imagine how exhausting it would be to hear Dave Meltzer talk about his "NFT deals". You've also been obsessed about this Matt Riddle thing and while I don't have any personal knowledge I would assume that if a major wrestler got fired from WWE there would be interest from pretty much every other company. That's barely a news story.

Dave's biases are obvious but it's not reality to think he's important enough to have a group of wack packers doing whatever you think they would be doing for a 65 year old man typing about pro wrestling.

I don't have a ballot and don't want one. If you don't want to believe that Dave gives ballots to undeserving people that is up to you.

And yes, it is kind of a major breach of journalistic ethics for Dave Meltzer to continually present the Riddle sexual assault situation as he said, she said and a 50/50 thing because he's friends with Matt Riddle. It's very ridiculous to write a story like he wrote about the interest in Riddle which isn't true, and obviously from Matt Riddle not interested companies. But this is just a tiny thing next to the sexual assault allegations and he's a joke for what he's done.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
surprised you went with the nft mention and not with him having that guest on who speculated that brodie died of covid tbh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

surprised you went with the nft mention and not with him having that guest on who speculated that brodie died of covid tbh

Bruce Mitchell is one of his friends but not really the same kind of friend I meant since he was a Torch writer not a random dude he knows. The NFT thing was a Garrett idea.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

1glitch0 posted:

hope he sees this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Dave isn't important enough to have friends is a very funny argument.

Also the Riddle poo poo is all true and it was an open secret that he cheated on his wife all over the indie circuit. Dave's always written puff pieces for wrestlers he likes but liking Matt Riddle is embarrassing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

I don't have a ballot and don't want one. If you don't want to believe that Dave gives ballots to undeserving people that is up to you.

And yes, it is kind of a major breach of journalistic ethics for Dave Meltzer to continually present the Riddle sexual assault situation as he said, she said and a 50/50 thing because he's friends with Matt Riddle. It's very ridiculous to write a story like he wrote about the interest in Riddle which isn't true, and obviously from Matt Riddle not interested companies. But this is just a tiny thing next to the sexual assault allegations and he's a joke for what he's done.

Yeah, I'm sure you don't want a ballot. lol

if Meltzer has a flaw in his reporting, and I'm not even sure this is a flaw, but he is incredibly focused on pro wrestling very specifically. What was so bad about his reporting on Riddle? Because he didn't editorialize how lovely Riddle is as a person? Riddle probably is a lovely person. Most wrestlers are. I don't think he's carrying water for the guy. I think guys like you get off on looking for purity tests, right or wrong, that someone like Meltz just doesn't get.

And I'm sorry if I'm being pissy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You don’t sound sorry

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

I don't think he's carrying water for the guy.

okay

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think guys like you get off on looking at naked human bodies of your preferred sex and/or gender

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Yeah, I'm sure you don't want a ballot. lol

if Meltzer has a flaw in his reporting, and I'm not even sure this is a flaw, but he is incredibly focused on pro wrestling very specifically. What was so bad about his reporting on Riddle? Because he didn't editorialize how lovely Riddle is as a person? Riddle probably is a lovely person. Most wrestlers are. I don't think he's carrying water for the guy. I think guys like you get off on looking for purity tests, right or wrong, that someone like Meltz just doesn't get.

And I'm sorry if I'm being pissy.

What's bad about it? He lied. He lied about it being he said she said, he knows it's not. He hides his friendship with Riddle and acts like an objective source and was very deceptive when I pointed out my concerns in 2020. I took his word for it and thought he was just being Dave, but found out later on he is not being Dave. He was just closer to Riddle than I knew.

I was a subscriber to his website for 15 years, I'm not looking for purity tests, I'm looking for a guy to not be dishonest in his reporting about his sex predator friends.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave needs to get thee to a nunnery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

What's bad about it? He lied. He lied about it being he said she said, he knows it's not. He hides his friendship with Riddle and acts like an objective source and was very deceptive when I pointed out my concerns in 2020. I took his word for it and thought he was just being Dave, but found out later on he is not being Dave. He was just closer to Riddle than I knew.

I was a subscriber to his website for 15 years, I'm not looking for purity tests, I'm looking for a guy to not be dishonest in his reporting about his sex predator friends.

Then explain what you're talking about. Not vague bullshit. Do you not see any other reporting than wrestling reporting? Go check out CNN sometime and see the level of bullshit going on. At the very worst Meltzer is s transcription machine like every other journalist in the country.

Stop being mysterious and acting like you have secret knowledge that "Dave Meltzer is closer to Matt Riddle than we knew". He's reporting both sides. Do you WANT him to editorialize?

And what about your "Dave is giving HOF ballots to people running his NFT business no one has ever heard of?" thing. You have some sort of weird grudge, I assume because you didn't get the dumb special ballot. Just because you can repost idiots from twitter a lot doesn't mean I can't call you on your bullshit.