Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i am also a freak so i have one of these keyboards and the numpad is really useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I use a mouse and asdf

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
FromSoft should make a character action game since Sekiro's boss fights proved they could do it. If they make more RPGs I'd rather they try first person again and bring back King's Field. Also they should make another survival horror.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

would love if the portal could come in stock somewhere because scalpers here are trying to flip them for $350-375. i don't think they really understand what it is

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm hype again

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

triple sulk posted:

would love if the portal could come in stock somewhere because scalpers here are trying to flip them for $350-375. i don't think they really understand what it is

at that price just buy a steam deck and use chiaki

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok some more changes and a teaser.
New lobby background and a timer has now appeared counting down to the live event. There shpuld be an in match timer over the rocket starting Thursday after the in-game hotfix.

The new lobby background has a tiny Lego Llama and Lego posted a picture of it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Xaris posted:

numpad is one of those things you think you can get rid of but then you do and it's insanely annoying not to have when you need it. i refuse to use shrunken numpad-less kbs

that's why you get one of the 96% keyboards or w/e that are only missing basic functionality that there are acceptable workarounds for

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

The Skeleton King posted:

Souls-likes are a deeply oversaturated market and most of them are too derivative to be interesting on their own. I would prefer that Fromsoft stop making them and branch out into new things since it isnt all that special anymore to make a soulslike. Other devs have already gotten pretty close in terms of quality to From's games, we dont need them doing the same thing forever anymore.

did you somehow miss that AC6 came out?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RandolphCarter posted:

at that price just buy a steam deck and use chiaki

i don't disagree. i personally just hate pc gaming any more. i had a deck for like week or two around launch and it was certainly well built and novel in terms of design, especially with how you could easily boot into the linux environment if you wanted to play around in there. at the time it didn't feel fully baked in terms of software, performance, and battery life (although i know you can only ask so much of a portable device), so i sold it off. i'm sure it's better with updates and the oled revision, but i don't have the cash for it and i probably wouldn't use it when i have my ps5 for everything i want.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

I dont care at all for the world of Baldurs Gate, I find it completely uninteresting. I dont care for the characters either.

Souls-likes are a deeply oversaturated market and most of them are too derivative to be interesting on their own. I would prefer that Fromsoft stop making them and branch out into new things since it isnt all that special anymore to make a soulslike. Other devs have already gotten pretty close in terms of quality to From's games, we dont need them doing the same thing forever anymore.

Bloodborne should not have a sequel.

Bethesda is a trash-tier developer and has never made a decent game since Morrowind.

Arcade-style racing games are superior to driving sims and it is a tremendous shame that the sub-genre is borderline extinct in terms of player numbers.

gently caress u no

give me my soul slop. AC sucked butt.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have an xbox360 controller I plug into my computer

I am enough of a degenerate that I play BG3 with it (so that I can seamlessly also play it streamed to my Steam Deck without having to learn two interfaces)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I dont care at all for the world of Baldurs Gate, I find it completely uninteresting. I dont care for the characters either.

Bloodborne should not have a sequel.

Bethesda is a trash-tier developer and has never made a decent game since Morrowind.

Arcade-style racing games are superior to driving sims and it is a tremendous shame that the sub-genre is borderline extinct in terms of player numbers.

go post in games

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress yeah

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

what part of "TIME" do some folks not get

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
finally i can live my video game fantasy of being eminim and playing with lego

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

what part of "TIME" do some folks not get

there's a lot of parts of Time i don't really get

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
frickin tickin away the moments the make up the dull day, brother

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

that man's time

has run out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the numpad is fine its just on the wrong side of the keyboard

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
so what you should get is a numpad less keyboard and a wireless 10key

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:hmmyes:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Popy posted:

AC sucked butt.

so was it balteus or did you never make it past the tutorial heli?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

In Fortnite you can do a silly dance as slim shady while Goku blows you up with a rocket launcher. How can anyone argue this isn't the perfect game??

Lostconfused posted:

lol new Stellaris literally has 40K golden throne civilization type, they know what kind of nerds pay money for this.

The funny thing is I remember Paradox releasing stats once that showed the majority of people play, like, egalitarian republics in Stellaris despite the most visible players mostly being woah living in 40k is ftmfw!! type guys

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

In Fortnite you can do a silly dance as slim shady while Goku blows you up with a rocket launcher. How can anyone argue this isn't the perfect game??

that's right

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

selling off my steam cards to try and scrape together enough to get the last golden idol dlc

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ooh a foil card that's 72 cents god bless the weirdos who buy these things

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Steam trading cards are an infinitely more ethical version of NFTs so I support the people who trade them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Steam trading cards are an infinitely more ethical version of NFTs so I support the people who trade them.

:downsa:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they're the same thing conceptually but i don't think you have to make your graphics card cook for a couple hours to make a steam trading card

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I was thinking of buying signalis. Anyone played the switch version and can tell me if its a good port?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they're the same thing conceptually but i don't think you have to make your graphics card cook for a couple hours to make a steam trading card

they’re unlocked by playing games so technically they do

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

hence the "infinitely more ethical" part.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Xaris posted:

numpad is one of those things you think you can get rid of but then you do and it's insanely annoying not to have when you need it. i refuse to use shrunken numpad-less kbs

I've been using TKL keyboards for at least a decade and I very rarely miss having the numpad and in those cases the keys can usually be rebound. Been so long I probably forgot how to touch type with it.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

anyway, beat Gaiden last night

while there is a task list, this is the first game to not track or rate completion - not even an achievement for it, which is refreshing even if I cleaned it up anyway. they finally established reasonable metrics for a lot of poo poo - no more playing a minigame 100 times or something similarly soul crushing, for the most part it's just do the full variety and about as many times played to achieve that. everything felt real tight and breezy and I hope that continues into y8. a real blessing after the slog that was Ishin

combat was really a distillation of everything they've learned over the series, and closely mirrored judgment - tight, no frills, efficient. you had your red and blue styles, red for single/heavy targets and blue for crowd control. agent unsurprisingly got more love, but other than the jet shoes all the gadgets were p much variants on an AOE. by the end the most efficient thing to do was to just use the upgraded wire to fling goons around like rag dolls until they went down for good. wasn't very exciting or novel but I don't think that was really the point

really the entire game from plot to mechanics was a compact swan song of everything that's made kiryu's story great, and it was a really satisfying conclusion to his arc as the main character. the ending was a tear jerker if you've followed his story from beginning to end and it transitions seamlessly into y8. I'm glad the torch is being passed smoothly to Ichiban for an evolution to the series, and I'm hopeful that anyone craving more beat em up will get it in a future judgment release

onward and upward with Yokohama's Bestest Boy, but for one last time, give it up for the Main Man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

they’re unlocked by playing games so technically they do

Ya got me there,

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Buck Wildman posted:

anyway, beat Gaiden last night

while there is a task list, this is the first game to not track or rate completion - not even an achievement for it, which is refreshing even if I cleaned it up anyway. they finally established reasonable metrics for a lot of poo poo - no more playing a minigame 100 times or something similarly soul crushing, for the most part it's just do the full variety and about as many times played to achieve that. everything felt real tight and breezy and I hope that continues into y8. a real blessing after the slog that was Ishin

combat was really a distillation of everything they've learned over the series, and closely mirrored judgment - tight, no frills, efficient. you had your red and blue styles, red for single/heavy targets and blue for crowd control. agent unsurprisingly got more love, but other than the jet shoes all the gadgets were p much variants on an AOE. by the end the most efficient thing to do was to just use the upgraded wire to fling goons around like rag dolls until they went down for good. wasn't very exciting or novel but I don't think that was really the point

really the entire game from plot to mechanics was a compact swan song of everything that's made kiryu's story great, and it was a really satisfying conclusion to his arc as the main character. the ending was a tear jerker if you've followed his story from beginning to end and it transitions seamlessly into y8. I'm glad the torch is being passed smoothly to Ichiban for an evolution to the series, and I'm hopeful that anyone craving more beat em up will get it in a future judgment release

onward and upward with Yokohama's Bestest Boy, but for one last time, give it up for the Main Man

💯

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's a really tight race between the live action hostesses in gaiden and the chat room minigame in y6 for most shameful, lock your loving door before you do it minigame. I think the gaiden hostesses win because the chat room had a certain level of comedy

pool is, and always will be, the worst minigame. gently caress pool forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm glad the torch is being passed smoothly to Ichiban for an evolution to the series, and I'm hopeful that anyone craving more beat em up will get it in a future judgment release

No! No!!!