Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rappaport posted:

Amusingly there's also plenty of examples of Russia and then the Soviet Union as the octopus, and in nazi propaganda the Jews ran the Soviet Union and US/UK capitalism, so the octopus is a land of contrasts.
Also Nazis drew a lot of propaganda showing Jews as mushrooms, but we've yet to see that being brought out against random stuffed toys.

Ms Adequate posted:

Tree Law & Octopus
:doink:

e: The Bundesstraße 307 is a German federal highway which crosses the Bavarian Alps in a west-east direction. It is composed of three separate segments, like an insect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

Apparently the maitre d from First Dates called Nige a racist piece of poo poo to his face, so that was nice to read about.

He had a very mild debate with him about the reason Nigel wanted Brexit and the damage he believed it had caused. All the other 10 camp mates found it “boring” as they “don’t do politics”

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Just unpolitically hanging around with the man who pied pipered the UK out of the European Union.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If they don't do politics you'd think they'd want to kill the guy who made the country have to do it.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

People who say they "don't do politics" need a slap because by "not doing it", politics null-coalesces to cunts like Farage

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Octopi seem to have become an autism thing while I wasn't looking, is it like the trans shark?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Wachter posted:

People who say they "don't do politics" need a slap because by "not doing it", politics null-coalesces to cunts like Farage

With how miserable we all are. I'm a bit envious of them.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It helps they're rich and famous.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"politics" is the stuff that gets done by rich people to the poors

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

Octopi seem to have become an autism thing while I wasn't looking, is it like the trans shark?

The octopus toy Greta Thunberg's friend used in the image that made people go apeshit was a reversible one with happy and sad faces. It's popular among nonverbal autistic people who want to express emotion.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Darth Walrus posted:

The octopus toy Greta Thunberg's friend used in the image that made people go apeshit was a reversible one with happy and sad faces. It's popular among nonverbal autistic people who want to express emotion.

Ah, cool, thanks. Google was too busy trying to sell me octopus stuff to be any help.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rappaport posted:

Amusingly there's also plenty of examples of Russia and then the Soviet Union as the octopus, and in nazi propaganda the Jews ran the Soviet Union and US/UK capitalism, so the octopus is a land of contrasts.

Quietly chuckling to myself at Heligoland looking about as big as Ireland if not a little bigger, while Malta is bigger than both.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I want an edit of that where the hat is a fedora and all the tentacle hands are holding fedoras and m'lady-ing the myriad islands.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

it's a lovely looking rock but it loses the blue colour over time when exposed to sunlight... bummer. :(

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
What do you think happened to those 4 missing teenagers in Wales.

It's an odd one, North Wales is remote by UK standards but even there it's pretty much impossible to ever be more than a mile from a road and it's pretty open countryside too, it's not dense forest.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eaten by a weresheep.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's an odd one, North Wales is remote by UK standards but even there it's pretty much impossible to ever be more than a mile from a road and it's pretty open countryside too, it's not dense forest.

Haven't they only been missing for a day at this point and there car has been found? They might be perfectly fine.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Says a car has been found near Garreg.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Slenderman

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Maybe gone exploring a quarry/mine in the area and got into real trouble.

Edit: Croesor Slate Mine is in the area and exactly easy enough to access for urbex inspired teens, and complicated enough inside to get yourself into trouble if you choose the wrong route down / your torch goes out.

Desiderata fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 21, 2023

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's more that there's so many police involved and so much media attention, feels like they suspect something more has happened. I can't believe they'd be looking so hard if they just thought the kids were sleeping off a hangover somewhere.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yep, being underground sounds most likely. For all four to not be able to reach help is worrying though.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Jippa posted:

Yep, being underground sounds most likely. For all four to not be able to reach help is worrying though.

Wales is a very popular caving destination, so that's my guess too.

Unless they are in the car and they just don't want to announce it until they have spoken to all the family.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 21, 2023

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Tesseraction posted:

I want an edit of that where the hat is a fedora and all the tentacle hands are holding fedoras and m'lady-ing the myriad islands.

Don't dox me

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Some good news!

quote:

LadBaby pull out of Christmas number one single race

LadBaby have said they will not be releasing a Christmas song following a five year-streak topping the festive chart.

The internet stars have treated us, or some may say subjected us, to pastry-filled charity singles like I Love Sausage Rolls and Don't Stop Me Eatin'.

"We wanted to pass the baton over," Mark and Roxanne Hoyle said, announcing the news on Instagram.

"The public backing a sausage roll - only in Great Britain."

Obviously not as good as the news that these two and their kids are being fired directly into the sun, but you have to take the small wins.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Wasnt it for charity or something? So was better than xfactor winning every year.

Honestly never heard a single song of theirs.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pistol_Pete posted:

There is a police news conference thing in 10 minutes apparently. Not taking any questions. Dunno what, if any, significance that has.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mega Comrade posted:

Wasnt it for charity or something? So was better than xfactor winning every year.

Honestly never heard a single song of theirs.
All proceeds after profits go to The Captain Tom Foundation for Expediting Planning Permissions

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I see that Mizzy prankster fella has been sent to a young offenders for 18 months.

quote:

TikTok prankster Mizzy has been sentenced to 18 weeks' detention in a young offender institution.

Real name, Bacari-Bronze O'Garro, 19, was found guilty of two counts of breaching a criminal behaviour order.

The court order banned him from sharing videos of people without their approval.

He was found to have "deliberately flouted" the order "within hours" of it being passed in May.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Pistol_Pete posted:

I had a look earlier and the area they found the car in is pretty perilous, small roads with low walls you could easily roll a car over. And they've found four bodies so... yeah inexperienced driver in bad conditions in a remote area.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Some good news!

Obviously not as good as the news that these two and their kids are being fired directly into the sun, but you have to take the small wins.

Definitely nothing to do with the dad being a Tory and a cheater. Nothing at all.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
They've found bodies?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

Definitely nothing to do with the dad being a Tory and a cheater. Nothing at all.

I am shocked to my very core at these revelations. My very core I tell you.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Pistol_Pete posted:

They've found bodies?

Yeah BBC reporting it now

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

You can't fool me that's a Mindflayer

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jakabite posted:

Decrying AI is dumb, putting your faith in AI is also dumb. It’s like putting your faith/decrying a hammer, a spade, or a gun.

If both of you colossal dumbasses haven't picked up on how automation is replacing your atypical service roles like cashiers and whatnot then I'd suggest trying to open your eyes. It's not like it happened overnight either.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah Graun just push alerted me that four bodies have been found. Why were the lads out there? Weekend trip gone wrong?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah Graun just push alerted me that four bodies have been found. Why were the lads out there? Weekend trip gone wrong?

It sounds like they wanted to go camping without their parents knowing and got into a car accident.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Yeah just doing teenager things, first mate with a car go on a trip somewhere, bit of lying to parents. Hopefully they didn't suffer.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

They've found bodies?

Sounds like a crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well that's a heavy price to pay for having a poor relationship with your parents.

"Don't go camping on your own, it's dangerous."

"To the contrary,"