Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i believe in Justin Fields!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

R.D. Mangles posted:

i believe in Justin Fields!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let him leave your wretched franchise

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don’t think you have to worry about that at this point, they are absolutely getting a top pick and absolutely moving on regardless of what he does the rest of the way

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dont like the looks of any of the QBs coming out this year, feels like. Chicago is talking themselves into another bust. I think they should look to find a trade partner.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

I dont like the looks of any of the QBs coming out this year, feels like. Chicago is talking themselves into another bust. I think they should look to find a trade partner.

Bryce Young for DJ Moore and our pick back

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Caleb Williams is great and the haters will rue the day they doubted him!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Caleb Williams is great and the haters will rue the day they doubted him!

I have only watched 4 games of his career to be fair but in every single one of them I saw Sam Darnold.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Counterpoint, every one of them he's played knowing that if he looks like a definite first-overall he's going to be taken by the Bears

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think he’s a worthy QB1 in a lot of years even though I maintain Jayden Daniels is going to be ridiculous. I just don’t see the can’t miss superstar he was made out to be.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Caleb’s been noticeably worse this year and I’d still take him #1 overall regardless. I’m hoping Jayden falls to the Bucs somehow.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Williams makes throws i havent seen any prospect make in a while. he seems very good. but if he goes to the Bears with their new coach *spins wheel* Dirk Koetter, idk if he will fare well

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

epic bacon posted:

Williams makes throws i havent seen any prospect make in a while. he seems very good. but if he goes to the Bears with their new coach *spins wheel* Dirk Koetter, idk if he will fare well

I still see very happy feet when pressured. He does for sure have some wow plays with the arm and with the feet but he does hold the ball a lot with a clean pocket and gets very much off his center when he's pressed early.

Its all fixable stuff but he needs the right situation I feel.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Caleb’s been noticeably worse this year and I’d still take him #1 overall regardless. I’m hoping Jayden falls to the Bucs somehow.

I think being on a team that kinda sucks is actually a boon for QBs.

Anyway based on what I’ve seen Caleb has that creativity and out of structure thing that you can’t really teach and I’d take him no question

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

He'd look so good in a Bucs jersey so yeah, lets do this.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Here is to me the biggest red flag on Drake Maye

That dude just doesn't look like a top NFL QB. Who's the last great QB who looked anything like that? It's a face in the Jimmy Clausen/Sam Darnold lineage of busts

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

xbilkis posted:

That dude just doesn't look like a top NFL QB. Who's the last great QB who looked anything like that? It's a face in the Jimmy Clausen/Sam Darnold lineage of busts

looks like herbert to me

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Drake wishes he had a majestic head of hair like Herbie. And even when Herbert got the bad haircut he didn't look like a douchey teenager; he just looked like a normal teenager....that's salvageable as a prospect. Zach Wilson doesn't quite fit into the Clausen/Darnold lineage but he feels like a corollary case somehow

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

this is what every single quarterback who was drafted into the NFL in the 1990s looked like

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
cade mcnown looking rear end

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's cause you're all old as gently caress and anyone under 30 looks like a kid to you now.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

It's cause you're all old as gently caress and anyone under 30 looks like a kid to you now.

wrong

this man is only 3 years older than Drake Maye

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

wrong

Yes but he's from Carolina and he's aged quickly from the stink of the Carolina panthers over the last few years.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Yes but he's from Carolina and he's aged quickly from the stink of the Carolina panthers over the last few years.

Drake Maye was born in Charlotte! He literally plays for UNC!!!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

Drake Maye was born in Charlotte! He literally plays for UNC!!!!!

It slowed his. It hits different.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Alaois posted:

wrong

This man has been retired for 20 years

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

xbilkis posted:

I had never seen a picture of Zach Wilson and lol'd when I saw him at the draft. New York teams should only draft QBs that look like New Yorkers, have New York names (Giants doing it right) or have a New York vibe to them.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I remember saying Zach Wilson will bust because he has Jimmy Clauson face. I do not even know how to quantify that, but there is a face that makes you bad at football.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If you are worried about Maye being a bust because he looks punchable then you should be more worried about Caleb Williams being softer than baby food

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol oh man, I legit feel bad for Panthers fans

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1726696389621785022
Bryce legit twice as bad as Urban Trevor and somehow even worse than Wilson

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

StupidSexyMothman posted:

Meanwhile look how happy stroud is :)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Richardson was doing so well. I really hope he can stay healthy next year.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

It would be cool if they could expand the criteria for QBs before 2021. I want to know if he's worse than Josh Rosen was.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Stroud is literally inverted Bryce. Like rubbing a mountain of salt into an amputation wound

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
As one of the early bryce defenders I am now wavering

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If they continue at this trajectory it's going to be an all time level bust.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

It would be cool if they could expand the criteria for QBs before 2021. I want to know if he's worse than Josh Rosen was.
Rosen would be much worse, but like he's the only one worse. The worst QBs to enter the league since 2018 on a EPA per play basis, two of them being undrafted...

Zach Wilson (-0.162)
David Blough (-0.183)
Brett Rypien (-0.184)
Bryce Young (-0.190)
Josh Rosen (-0.314)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Diva Cupcake posted:

Rosen would be much worse, but like he's the only one worse. The worst QBs to enter the league since 2018 on a EPA per play basis, two of them being undrafted...

Zach Wilson (-0.162)
David Blough (-0.183)
Brett Rypien (-0.184)
Bryce Young (-0.190)
Josh Rosen (-0.314)

It would be kinda hilarious if Wilks had gotten the job and he got stuck with the 2nd worst in that time period too :lol:

Though I think that Reich has a big hand in this with how they've mishandled the personnel and playcalling (Bryce has been bad all on his own as well, obviously)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

Zach Wilson (-0.162)
David Blough (-0.183)
Brett Rypien (-0.184)
Bryce Young (-0.190)
Josh Rosen (-0.314)

What the gently caress Rosen

Like seriously what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I think i actually somehow managed to never watch a single snap of Josh Rosen's during his entire NFL career