Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

If I was a cynical man, I would assume this is why we let it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

uncritical support for the Terran Dominion

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
I feel like Sherbert Hoover has forgotten that this is a dead 2000's internet comedy forum and Hamas isn't going to start doing baby beheading but for real this time because people here post "uncritical support for Hamas" or whatever. This is dumb pussyfooting. Also Hamas are good.

I get the same feeling talking to tenuously leftist Israelis trying to convince them to take the plunge and support full DTI and violent Palestinian resistance organizations. "Well I don't think I or other innocent people deserve to die from rocketfire!". Ok, you personally deserving to die and Hamas being justified in shooting at your city are different things, and we're not affecting Palestinian resistance tactics by having this conversation anyway. You're acting like saying DTI will cause a missile to fall directly on your head tomorrow. And if you do happen to get hit - that still won't change the morality of the situation. Stop being paranoid about hypotheticals and worrying only about how emotionally comfortable it is for you to say words while Palestinians are facing much greater and very not-hypothetical violence, grow a loving backbone jesus christ

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
was pretty stunned at this misleading headline; thanks wapo:

wow! that's intense! but what were the journalists doing hanging with a hamas member? pretty sus

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Those jounalists were no angels.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Retromancer posted:

All those Lebanese and Gazan journalists are getting angel wings in heaven while the IOF pilots killing them are going straight down to the 9th circle

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

gradenko_2000 posted:

what the gently caress???

They also bombed the only COVID testing lab in Gaza at the height of the pandemic.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Retromancer posted:

they are now :angel:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

feel the need to post this every time this gets reposted: they haven't done this, they won't do this, they'll never do this because they're in a coalition with right wing pro-israel parties and they'll never endanger that coalition.

anyway:
https://twitter.com/yazanbadran/status/1726937529272987899

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ikanreed posted:

Sure, but the actual means here was mostly killing concentration camp guards. And the importance of civilian casualties is almost entirely propaganda framing.
some appeal to an abstract morality like "don't you know killing civilians is wrong" usually ends up reinforcing the status quo which means hamas could never fire a single rocket because it might harm the hair on somebody's head.

but i don't think it's just a one-way relationship, that is if the end is justified then the means are justified. it's a two-way relationship that runs in a circuit. if your goal is human liberation, for example, then your means do have to justify that end. if you can just do whatever you want, then you can also reproduce oppression. i don't think there are any easy answers to these questions though when you're in the middle of a war.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This is verging on burger posting but look at who the US chose as the deputy director of Israel/Palestinian affairs for a decade

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1727012450149793881

https://twitter.com/sparklenaloha/status/1727029426511344015

It all comes down to racism and bigotry against brown people. I wish more ppl knew this.

E: his private job already took down his profile lol

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmao constantly posting about death to America death to Israel but omg you watched the bad brain videos you loving sociopath

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

some appeal to an abstract morality like "don't you know killing civilians is wrong" usually ends up reinforcing the status quo which means hamas could never fire a single rocket because it might harm the hair on somebody's head.

but i don't think it's just a one-way relationship, that is if the end is justified then the means are justified. it's a two-way relationship that runs in a circuit. if your goal is human liberation, for example, then your means do have to justify that end. if you can just do whatever you want, then you can also reproduce oppression. i don't think there are any easy answers to these questions though when you're in the middle of a war.

Yeah but the Israeli means are ethnic cleansing and their ends are making racist fucks feel less threatened by other races existing. It's not exactly a hard tilt to see.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

This is verging on burger posting but look at who the US chose as the deputy director of Israel/Palestinian affairs for a decade

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1727012450149793881

https://twitter.com/sparklenaloha/status/1727029426511344015

It all comes down to racism and bigotry against brown people. I wish more ppl knew this.

E: his private job already took down his profile lol

I'm not sure what's worse here. His prior position followed by those words and attitude. Or wearing a hoodie under a sports jacket.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah I got critical support I'm critical of Israel and support Palestine bitch!!!

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

I am upgrading from uncritical support for Hamas to near-religious unwavering faith in Hamas

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

just a three-time winner of the State Department’s Superior Honor Award threatening a food vendor with having his father tortured in an Egyptian black site

e: he was fired at least

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1727044543714050396

Maya Fey has issued a correction as of 20:49 on Nov 21, 2023

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What's so scary is that that motherfucker said the mukhbarat like he has them on speed dial to torture any Muslim he doesn't like. Sounds like he's done it before.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Sancho Banana posted:

I am upgrading from uncritical support for Hamas to near-religious unwavering faith in Hamas

This and also ansar'allah

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Strep Vote posted:

This and also ansar'allah

Adding in hezbollah

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al-Saqr posted:

its so awesome how germany is pushing the antisemitic trope of dual loyalty and destroying the concept of being loyal only to your country snd in general are being nazis

https://twitter.com/qudsnen/status/1726985212767416629?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

germany panicking that their solution B for the jewish question might get undone

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
after Israel is destroyed we can settle the Israelis in Bavaria.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What are the Germans going to call them this time? Bivouacs?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Justin Tyme posted:

Yeah I got critical support I'm critical of Israel and support Palestine bitch!!!

critical support for radical movements

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Maya Fey posted:

just a three-time winner of the State Department’s Superior Honor Award threatening a food vendor with having his father tortured in an Egyptian black site

e: he was fired at least

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1727044543714050396

Just a big hearty lmao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that's the kind of attitude you want in a diplomat. shame to see such a storied career ending.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Jesus Christ Obama hired some racist poo poo stains

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
now uh, let me be clear, if you like your racial animosities, you can keep them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Team of Racists

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you bring up a good point. one i will worry about once palestine is free.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Confusedslight posted:

Just a big hearty lmao

Right?

https://twitter.com/SGardinier/status/1727055868984774732

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

ikanreed posted:

Obama loved israel more than the christian theologue interested in biblical prophecies who came before him

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

It is extremely easy to find videos of Hamas fighters committing full blown atrocities on October 7, 2023—and not just because “fights broke out” while they attempted to take hostages. Shooting unarmed civilians as the run or cower, shooting unaware civilians in their homes and throwing grenades in to finish the job. I‘ve been told there is much worse, but have seen enough to know these sorts of acts were certainly committed.

will remind in 7 days.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
National Security Council heads get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1727047723269173656?t=lCs9no6VDZ2B7rwcma5AXg&s=19

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

really queer Christmas posted:

also sorry kingfish i blasted too soon, you get one bad post get out of jail free from me

lol speng

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

every idf soldier should take a long walk off a short pier. i hope every idf soldiers meal is full of fishbones.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

:blastu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020