Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

is pepsi ok posted:

30 mediocre tracks

His name is 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wowowwowowowow

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

is it actually good or just like good for a drake album

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s five or six good tracks

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lol loving morrisson gives us a slim jesus tribute before rapping his rear end off and nito also goes absolutely crazy. probably the best uk drill i've heard this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tklQvBz9NBs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYqAnigaD4

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

^burtle posted:

spotify tried to sell me the 3 stacks vinyl for $80, thats a big boi move

To be fair that thing must be like 4 records

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
drake has released over 50 songs on albums in 2 months. im not going to listen to any of them but i bet theyre really good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no he hasnt lol

you guys realise the new songs people are talking about are six tracks on the deluxe of his last album right????

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
all drake’s raps these days are like they call me crazy cos I’m not sane…..they should put my poo poo in MoMA like I misspelled homer’s mom’s name……

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yo

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Escobarbarian posted:

all drake’s raps these days are like they call me crazy cos I’m not sane…..they should put my poo poo in MoMA like I misspelled homer’s mom’s name……

after all these years they still sleep on the kid
shout out millie b
the stranger things is lost touch at eighteen

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's wild that there is so much drake content out there that you can read these posts in his weird voice

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Is Drake fat now

mnlr
May 31, 2006

Excited to finally discuss which OutKast member dropped the hotter solo debut.

For my money, whatever points New Blue Sun loses for being a 90 minute instrumental flute album it gains back and then some for not having Follow Us on it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the album that had shine blockas on it is better OP

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Not in Detroit or even the States personally but just love to see it, Certified Trapper going places:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mnlr posted:

Excited to finally discuss which OutKast member dropped the hotter solo debut.

For my money, whatever points New Blue Sun loses for being a 90 minute instrumental flute album it gains back and then some for not having Follow Us on it.

Both are great OP

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
OutKast is the best

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Follow us isn’t even the worst song on that album. gently caress you

mnlr
May 31, 2006

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Follow us isn’t even the worst song on that album.

Agreed

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s night night. Andres verse on the looking for you outtake is awesome but the backing track is lame

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sir lucious left foot: the son of chico dusty rules and the best part about outkast is that both members are incredibly talented

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
no one comes close to outkast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVehcuJXe6I

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

OutKast is the best

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
what about Goodie Mob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ULbmCvmxY

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The whole Dungeon Family are incredibly talented. Witch Doctor, Cool Breeze, Landlord Mike all of em.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

TheBizzness posted:

The whole Dungeon Family are incredibly talented. Witch Doctor, Cool Breeze, Landlord Mike all of em.

Landlord Mike got me hollering Goodie Mao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

thathonkey posted:

sir lucious left foot: the son of chico dusty rules and the best part about outkast is that both members are incredibly talented

Yeah Big Boi is cosmically underrated.

Dude is so loving good, but because Andre is Andre, his verses and stuff was always thought of as lesser than.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hard to think of a better run of albums than southernplayalistic to stankonia. each one builds on top of the last so well. the double solo album is great too but those first four are unreal. couldn't tell you a thing about idlewild tho

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The speakerboxxx/ love below album is sick as gently caress.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The speakerboxxx/ love below album is sick as gently caress.

Black Album and that in the same week or two weeks or so. At least, I bought them at the same time shortly after they came out.

I really feel bad for kids who don’t get to have that anticipation of buying a new album, before or after school. Singles and insane videos, artsy or bombastic.

Instant access is definitely a double-edged blade.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ATLiens literally changed my life

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
back when I took a 1.5 hour bus to and from school the only tapes I owned were Stankonia and Issues by Korn so Stankonia will always have a special place in my heart after listening to it non-stop for like 2 years.

Judging by Idlewild I think Outkast were good to call it when they did and leave a near perfect legacy of albums.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

ATLiens literally changed my life

Probably my favorite album of any genre all time.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
is idlewild worth listening to? i feel like given its weird soundtrack nature its almost non-canonical in my mind, but i guess it was their last joint project

also is the movie worth watching lol

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The kast movie should have been a Heavy Metal style anthology. They were already on that comic book wave with ATLiens, the Elevators video etc.

Elevators is almost certainly my favorite song ever, but Aquemini might be my favorite album

E: dre album is now on at the bar, sounds good

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 22, 2023

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
idlewild has a few decent tracks on it (peaches, hollywood divorce come to mind) but it's a really weird entry in outkasts catalog, especially as their final album. it's hard to consider it as a proper outkast album given everything that comes before it... more of a various artists soundtrack

anyway, did someone say goodie mobb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiuEFG0ZBd8

mnlr
May 31, 2006

thathonkey posted:

idlewild has a few decent tracks on it (peaches, hollywood divorce come to mind) but it's a really weird entry in outkasts catalog, especially as their final album. it's hard to consider it as a proper outkast album given everything that comes before it... more of a various artists soundtrack

It’s essentially two parallel solo albums again too. Out of 25 tracks on the album I count three where both members appear (Mighty O, Hollywood Divorce, PJ & Rooster). Every other song is either a Big Boi song or an Andre song, with the other member not appearing. So the end was pretty clearly in sight.

With that said, if you love OutKast it’s worth checking out. A bunch of decent songs and a handful of great ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

thathonkey posted:

anyway, did someone say goodie mobb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiuEFG0ZBd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGy4bmG5SJw