Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WndAYrXRYM

Let's see if it actually gets made or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

net work error posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WndAYrXRYM

Let's see if it actually gets made or not
Key question will be whether it ships before the retail/fully-built VS-1...

800peepee51doodoo posted:

I have been looking around for midi hubs actually. The one I was looking at was the MRCC 880 from Conductive Labs. They're locally designed and have some cool routing and switching features. The one you posted looks good, although it would be nicer with DIN connections i think. Looks nice and compact, though.
Nothing against the MRCC 880 or Conductive Labs -- I have an MRCC with the Remote 7 box and a NDLR (though I don't know anything about the MRCC 880 specifically) -- but in the realm of MIDI hub options, also take a look at Blokas Midihub: https://blokas.io/midihub/

minidracula fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 21, 2023

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
Reposting this from the PYF 90's thread:

Trabant posted:

The thumbnail is dumb but the content is short and good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv-u8hwjHw4

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Reposting this from the PYF 90's thread:
It does, however, make me feel very old.

Wait until these folks discover Roni Size.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/FEO0NVPyED4?si=xHTLA6LdVwng50E-

I’m trying to give Benn the benefit of the doubt here, but the part where he conflates getting unacceptable abuse online with Loopop getting pushback for cheerleading genocide and posting openly fascistic and racist propaganda has me struggling to take his concerns seriously.

Just like how we need to talk about Uli’s purported antisemitism and how we shouldn’t support it with our dollars, but discussion of giving Elon Musk money is somehow off limits.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That lopop comment really gave me pause but it just reminded me that Benn ain't no saint and has dumb opinions of his own.

I don't think that invalidates the point that the internet is toxic as gently caress and anyone trying to put anything out there it going to get poo poo on for it. Dude just wants to have fun making videos and the mental baggage that comes from haters drains the enjoyment out of all of it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Ok Comboomer posted:

https://youtu.be/FEO0NVPyED4?si=xHTLA6LdVwng50E-

I’m trying to give Benn the benefit of the doubt here, but the part where he conflates getting unacceptable abuse online with Loopop getting pushback for cheerleading genocide and posting openly fascistic and racist propaganda has me struggling to take his concerns seriously.

Stop bothering. gently caress Benn Jordan for Spitfire apologia a god damned year ago, man has worked with trans people before such as cashing multiple event checks i wrote a gorillion years ago. this gives me enough reason to believe he's a spineless prick hiding gross views.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Literally who tho.

Judge Judy
Apr 16, 2001

Ok Comboomer posted:

You may be conflating “pushback” with calling someone “<insert nationality> scum”. Assuming Benn’s pro bombings because he’s anti people yelling at each other all the time is a bit of a leap.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
turning a big dial taht says "Zionism" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right

E: I watched a video of a surgeon who had to amputate his own kids arm and his child died because no anesthesia is available in Gaza. Excuse me if I think its ok to call some cushy synth tube influencer Zionist Scum for cheerleading this poo poo.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Matt Zerella posted:

E: I watched a video of a surgeon who had to amputate his own kids arm and his child died because no anesthesia is available in Gaza. Excuse me if I think its ok to call some cushy synth tube influencer Zionist Scum for cheerleading this poo poo.

can we not do this in the synth thread?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Judge Judy posted:

You may be conflating “pushback” with calling someone “<insert nationality> scum”. Assuming Benn’s pro bombings because he’s anti people yelling at each other all the time is a bit of a leap.

Benn is repeatedly minimizing pushback against the way folks use their platforms. Same as with Spitfire, when he said no one thinks that dude was transphobic. Loopop posted some abhorrent poo poo that it would be disgusting not to speak out against, especially when he had been given additional platforming from this thread.

watho posted:

Matt's right; unless we want to stop posting synth influencers, what synth influencers who are regularly posted here have to say will be relevant whether or not it's directly synth related.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Judge Judy posted:

He intentionally leaves out a massive and essential context to the whole situation in his description. You may not see it this way, but I very much think that it’s willfully dishonest, and lying by omission.

If Loopop was just a benign Israeli content creator getting his social media jacked up by angry comments and racist/nationalist attacks you’d have a point.

But people are mad at Loopop because Loopop’s many public statements give the undeniable impression that he believes that there are no innocent Palestinians, that he sees them all as subhuman, and that their full eradication is both justifiable and a worthy goal in his eyes.

It’s like if I said that Candace Owens gets a lot of racist abuse thrown at her, which is true, and then I go and present a clip of one of her university talks being picketed by LGBTQ people completely without context or explanation before saying “there’s too much negativity in the world 😔”.

Do I think that Loopop has received posts that could be, in good faith, legitimately called antisemitic? Absolutely, it’s almost certain that he has. But it’s also dishonest and more than a little gross to bring up ‘antisemitic comments against Loopop’ as an example of the internet hostility and toxicity that you don’t want to deal with anymore when the entire reason that Loopop’s nationality is at all being discussed anywhere is because he openly and publicly lusts for Palestinian death.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

watho posted:

I apologize but also I stand by what I put in here and I did it for a reason, it's loving upsetting. It's really goddamned upsetting. And I dont think an influencer who makes money off of impressions on their video should get away with essentially cheerleading this poo poo. I'm also not wild about Benn Jordan minimizing it but others in the thread have put it much better than I ever could.

I totally get wanting to not want to hear/read about this stuff and I'm sorry for bringing it in here, but Loopop opened up this bag of garbage with his terrible posts on the subject.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune
Lol I saw that clickbaity video Benn put up last night and am glad I noped out of watching it. What a loving turd. I just somehow knew it was going to be him qq'ing about loopop getting called out. Oh no, the fascist genocide apologist synthfluencer is facing very mild criticism!

Once again I must point out that Benn is an out and proud libertarian that drives a tesla. I'd be surprised if he isnt becoming the synthesizer version of Glenn Greenwald.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I made a whole thread for the discussion of lovely synthfluencers!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4044307&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

nah we should just talk about it here in the synth thread, the one that already gets a ~single digit~ number of posts on a good day, rather than balkanizing this discussion into its own holding thread that was active for all of twelve hours before people stopped posting in it for over a month

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just somehow knew it was going to be him qq'ing about loopop getting called out.

Not gonna encourage anyone to watch the video but for the sake of clarity it wasn't a video about lopop. It was three words used to help his point and he moved on.

Like he deserves plenty of criticism but let's at least be honest about it.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Yeah he just dropped his name in a list of other people who have been eating poo poo on the Internet lately.

They are friends though. He brings up conversations between the two of them all the time on his Friday streams with Venus Theory and RMR

Mike Arthur McVein
Feb 15, 2023

Is "I'd be surprised if he isnt becoming the synthesizer version of Glenn Greenwald." too long for a thread title?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Mike Arthur McVein posted:

Is "I'd be surprised if he isnt becoming the synthesizer version of Glenn Greenwald." too long for a thread title?

Benn’s Right

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Now that that’s out of the way I’d like to get back to talking about synthesizers

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Mr. Sharps posted:

Now that that’s out of the way I’d like to get back to talking about synthesizers

cool what do you have to say about them?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like synthesizers and I think they are fun to play.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

withak posted:

I like synthesizers and I think they are fun to play.

:same:

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

as someone who knew and liked benn as the flashbulb before he became a youtuber i wish the internet would stop showing me that musicians i enjoy are real and not always great people

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qrwsmsjAfU1xv2rlp.mp4

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Speaking of ill-concieved synthfluencers, today YouTube recommended that I watch "Abacus vs Maths by Penishead," from YouTube channel Penishead, where the thumbnail was a man wearing a penis mask on his face in the center between a Behringer Abacus module on one side, and a Make Noise Maths module on the other side.

I did not watch the video.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The upgrade option that Polyend is doing with the new hardware is pretty neat though imo and it would be cool if more people do it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

net work error posted:

The upgrade option that Polyend is doing with the new hardware is pretty neat though imo and it would be cool if more people do it.

It is cool but it would be cooler if it was a retrofit like the deluge got. I guess in concept that's no different than buying a new software release but from an e-waste standpoint it feels like a huge win.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

cool what do you have to say about them?

synthesizers ftw can’t wait to take apart my current patch and get in some abstract noise sessions

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

net work error posted:

You seein this poo poo, Gaben? I wanna update my steamdeck to oled you fat, knife collecting gently caress

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Mike Arthur McVein posted:

"the synthesizer version of Glenn Greenwald."

That’s Alex Jones

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Teenage Engineering has a new lo-fi sampler that’s actually affordable!?

https://youtu.be/yeafE30nIC4?si=mwMgYR4HluWQpsnc

https://teenage.engineering/store/ep-133/

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Doesn’t matter, not buying it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

46 kHz, 16-bit is lo-fi?!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guessing it looks like an old desktop calculator by design.

Just needs a paper reel sticking out the back.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

duck.exe posted:

Teenage Engineering has a new lo-fi sampler that’s actually affordable!?

https://youtu.be/yeafE30nIC4?si=mwMgYR4HluWQpsnc

https://teenage.engineering/store/ep-133/

As a vehement TE critic, I really like this

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Benn Gearman, who I just learned about for the first time today, is synth hitler IMO. Anyway I bought the teenage engineering sampler because it looks cool. Hope it actually ships and it isn't one of those things where they oversold by a million units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
The KO is an incredibly fun thing that I have often wished was sturdier / slightly more capable, so I'm gonna have to do some thinking about if I want to trade my Circuit Rhythm in for this...